Major Flaws in KOTOR

If not for these problems that nothing to fix except time and testing, KOTOR would have been on my all-time best 10 list.

1) If you didn't play with either dual-bladed or dual-weapon approach you were significantly weaker. Dual players did twice as much damage and hit almost as much(about as 5% less often) as single weapons. This really screwed me over the 2nd time I replayed cause I did half as much damage and hit just as often, even with dueling feats.

2) Ranged weapons, unfortunely in KOTOR were next to useless. Everyone whos played KOTOR and been forced to use Carth knows how he misses half the time, and when he does hit does next to no damage. Dexterity should have added damage like strength did, and ranged weapons should be better than they were.

3) If you have played using dark side powers to the end of the game like I did, hoping you would get your Darth Vader on, you were sorely disappointed. It did not make any lick of sense that I a Dark Lord of the Sith at level 20 could not choke 95% of the population of the Star Forge cause they were *Immune*. GOD, I hated trying lighting those wimps into submission only to recieve the message *Immune* (by the way you just inflicted NO DAMAGE and WASTED your turn).

Meanwhile my friend Travis, was busy inflicting double the normal amount of damage with Master Speed and triple the normal amount compining Master Speed with Master Flurry.

However I was forced to suffer cause I was a Dark Side Jedi Consular with Single Blade and Dark Side Powers and close to no feats.

Overall) please make an attempt to make all classes and profession chooses in the next game worthwhile and equal.

P.S. I am now going through the game as a Jedi Guardian and already have twice as much health, inflict twice as much damage, and am having a jolly time

1) If you didn't play with either dual-bladed or dual-weapon approach you were significantly weaker. Dual players did twice as much damage and hit almost as much(about as 5% less often) as single weapons. This really screwed me over the 2nd time I replayed cause I did half as much damage and hit just as often, even with dueling feats.

I'm not sure this is true.

I was checking out a faq on Gamefaqs where someone compared all the "styles" and I think single weapon with dueling feats comes out even... or possibly a little ahead.

although most likely unavoidable due to the realtime/turn based nature of the game, I would add that the awkward pause between turns is a bit annoying...in the movies the lightsaber battles seemed much more paced and smoother...

If not for these problems that nothing to fix except time and testing, KOTOR would have been on my all-time best 10 list.

1) If you didn't play with either dual-bladed or dual-weapon approach you were significantly weaker. Dual players did twice as much damage and hit almost as much(about as 5% less often) as single weapons.  This really screwed me over the 2nd time I replayed cause I did half as much damage and hit just as often, even with dueling feats.

2) Ranged weapons, unfortunely in KOTOR were next to useless. Everyone whos played KOTOR and been forced to use Carth knows how he misses half the time, and when he does hit does next to no damage. Dexterity should have added damage like strength did, and ranged weapons should be better than they were.

3) If you have played using dark side powers to the end of the game like I did, hoping you would get your Darth Vader on, you were sorely disappointed. It did not make any lick of sense that I a Dark Lord of the Sith at level 20 could not choke 95% of the population of the Star Forge cause they were *Immune*. GOD, I hated trying lighting those wimps into submission only to recieve the message *Immune* (by the way you just inflicted NO DAMAGE and WASTED your turn).

Meanwhile my friend Travis, was busy inflicting double the normal amount of damage with Master Speed and triple the normal amount compining Master Speed with Master Flurry.

However I was forced to suffer cause I was a Dark Side Jedi Consular with Single Blade and Dark Side Powers and close to no feats.

Overall) please make an attempt to make all classes and profession chooses in the next game worthwhile and equal.

P.S. I am now going through the game as a Jedi Guardian and already have twice as much health, inflict twice as much damage, and am having a jolly time

:lol: Not another newb on a major rant! :lol:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I was checking out a faq on Gamefaqs where someone compared all the "styles" and I think single weapon with dueling feats comes out even... or possibly a little ahead.

it made a difference in your defense rating to, cant remember how much it went up by tho, 3 i think

And if they had made Force powers much stronger, or made enemies less immune to them, people would complain how easy it was to just go around Force Lightning the enemies or whatever.

As it is, people already complain how easy the game is. Now you're complaining that those "weaklings" shouldn't be immune from Force powers.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And if they had made Force powers much stronger, or made enemies less immune to them, people would complain how easy it was to just go around Force Lightning the enemies or whatever.

As it is, people already complain how easy the game is. Now you're complaining that those "weaklings" shouldn't be immune from Force powers.

:D good point

I always brought Juhani with me to block the enemy then drained the life from them. You have a point about force lightning, they should be able to defend themselves from it but it should cost them a turn or something rot just roll off their back. That malak was immune to most of my powers was borderline annoying but that his lackeys were too was stupid.The game was biased towards melee fighters...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Baragwin Assault Gun give it to Canderous 50+ damage every shot.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

It was annoying that some of the Dark side Jedi were immune to the force lightning, it should be that they have to suck up the lighting in to theyer light saber like Obi Wan KaNobe did in EpisodeII when he face Count Dukue. But i do agree with tripleRRR Force wave is your friend.

Unfortunately you are wrong, dueling feats adding plus 1 to defense and plus 1 to attack to maximum of plus 3 to defense and plus 3 to attack. Which means that a dueler will fit about 5% more often but due half as much damage.

I thought the starforge went down quite nicely with force powers, (force breach is your friend,) getting into a force power shoot out looks so nice *sigh*

Force Wave was way overpowered. As was insanity and stasis field, and most other powers that affected multiple enemies. There's some cool new powers in Kotor2 so let's hope the ubiquitous force wave doesn't steal the show again.

Force Wave was way overpowered. As was insanity and stasis field, and most other powers that affected multiple enemies. There's some cool new powers in Kotor2 so let's hope the ubiquitous force wave doesn't steal the show again.

Yah, the fact that Dark Side power couldn't do any damage, and you could throw your enemies like ragdolls with Force Wave, was a bit ---horrible.

As it is, people already complain how easy the game is.  Now you're complaining that those "weaklings" shouldn't be immune from Force powers.

The Dark Side is meant to be quicker, easier, more seductive. It should let you revel in the hideous lightningy deaths of your opponents. Who do they think they are resisting it? Yoda?

By that point in the game you're one of the biggest badasses that has ever lived (even Darth Vader, in D20 representation, is only Fringer 1/Guardian 18), you should be able to stomp these puny lesser jedis like bugs. BUGS. And if you're a JG you can, with consummate ease.

Another I hated about the game, was how the lightsider always got repayed when they did a good deed. Two examples

1) First on Taris, that guy you gave 100 credits to cause he needed it to pay back someone. Yah, you found another 100 credits on the ground. Horrible.

2) On Jabba-Planet when you paid 500 credit cash for a Wraith-Plate, guess what, you got your 500 credits back.

Another I hated about the game, was how the lightsider always got repayed when they did a good deed. Two examples

1) First on Taris, that guy you gave 100 credits to cause he needed it to pay back someone. Yah, you found another 100 credits on the ground. Horrible.

2) On Jabba-Planet when you paid 500 credit cash for a Wraith-Plate, guess what, you got your 500 credits back.

I don't know about the situation on Taris, but as far as the one on Tatooine with the Wraid Plate, if you told her you would sell it for her instead of buying it directly, then took in in to the guy, sold it, and went back out to her, you could have been nice and told her that it was 700 credits instead of 500, which would mean that you were giving her 200 more credits.

Taking an example from what I deem as a much more "simple" game of pure damage values, I think Diablo 2 is an excellent source of reference in terms of immunities vs resistance. I think actual immunities should only be found on designated "tough" targets such as Sith Lords or apprentices. The average grunt could make use of resistences, but not a wide range of them and definitely none that are too strong.

I am one of the people who feel that ranged weapons werent bad at all. I have played through the game a few times only using ranged weapons and it was actually pretty easy and I liked it alot.

Thank you that is all.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.