Major Flaws in KOTOR

Are you saying that you didn't use a lightsaber at all? I mean comon your not trying to pull one over on me, are you? You took out everyone in the game with a some dinky pistol or clumsy rifle, right?

I believe I had Cassus Fetts heavy pistol in one hand, and Mandalorean heavy pistol in the other hand. I mastered all the weapons and had master rapid shot. I got in about 45+ damage each turn. And I never once pulled out a lightsaber or sword.

Fully upgraded dual baragwain assault blades+master critical strike (That is roughly 5-20 criticial hit range btw)+strength 18 (several items, easy to do)=Roughly 60 damage average with over 160 possible in one turn :blink:

Your go next :blink:

Incidently, on the starforge use force wave, virtually nothing can resist it (including malak) and force wave can demolish anything. If you have sufficient Jedi levels (IE saved levels) then nothing should be able to resist your force powers either, or alternatively you need to learn how to use force breach.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

There are all new powers and feats.  The Consulars may be considerably different.  The crew has addressed ranged weapons.  And they've worked to make skills more useful.

Ok yah where did you get this information, and is there a link. It's probably because this topic, cause you know credit I dont deserve is always nice.

Except that information was posted a loooooooooooooooooong time ago.

So no, you don't deserve any credit

I noticed this as well, everyone kept saying your light side, dark side choices would have impact, and frankly they didn't till the very end of the game, which by the way forced you to kill off all your best characters if you were dark side

But it made sense in terms of the story. If Juhani and Jolee just stood there it would be sillier. Admittedly there should have been more options in the game for influencing NPC light side and dark side....but fortunately KOTOR 2 will have this.

I believe I had Cassus Fetts heavy pistol in one hand, and Mandalorean heavy pistol in the other hand. I mastered all the weapons and had master rapid shot. I got in about 45+ damage each turn. And I never once pulled out a lightsaber or sword.

I assume you are talking about 45+ damage with ALL of your attacks...since mathematically I cannot see a 45 ever appearing with any of the pistols.....unless you're using sneak attack. In any case, by the end of the game with the Guardian's lightsaber crystal modified, each attack could easily average 45. Add in the fact that you can get 5 attacks a round with the dual wield and master speed and you're doing between 200 and 250 damage a turn.

Everyone whos played KOTOR and been forced to use Carth knows how he misses half the time

That's because half the shots fired are not "real shots," but merely extra shots added simply because if Carth was firing only two shots per turn, it would make combat seem much slower. In any case, Akari mentioned a few months ago that they were definitely improving ranged combat.

If it wasn't for Carth I would have never had a chance getting off Taris with my level 2 Scoundrel (I wanted to get 18 levels of Consular).

Lack of real choices in the game. Devs decided that you will lose first fight with Malak and so there's no way to change that. Devs decided that Bastila will fall

to the Dark Side and so no matter how you will play conversations with her before Leviathan you will not affect her in any way. And so on...it would be fun to have real power over game's storyline - for example kill Malak on the Leviathan and

explore Rakatan with Bastila and later destroy Star Forge without Malak on board.

During the game you just feel the pressure from devs' vision they'll not let you play the story in your way.

Other big flaw is that devs didn't read any ancient era sourcebok and so the image of the Jedi is taken from the TPM not from 4000 year old galaxy. Dive into information that Power of the Jedi, Dark Side Sourcebook or Tales of the Jedi Companion contain and you will see by yourselves.

Cybernetic implants, aren't they a little bit too modern for such ancient times?

Hmm that's all I remember for now.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Lack of real choices in the game. Devs decided that you will lose first fight with Malak and so there's no way to change that. Devs decided that Bastila will fall

to the Dark Side and so no matter how you will play conversations with her before Leviathan you will not affect her in any way. And so on...it would be fun to have real power over game's storyline - for example kill Malak on the Leviathan and

explore Rakatan with Bastila and later destroy Star Forge without Malak on board.

During the game you just feel the pressure from devs' vision they'll not let you play the story in your way.

Other big flaw is that devs didn't read any ancient era sourcebok and so the image of the Jedi is taken from the TPM not from 4000 year old galaxy. Dive into information that Power of the Jedi, Dark Side Sourcebook or Tales of the Jedi Companion contain and you will see by yourselves.

Cybernetic implants, aren't they a little bit too modern for such ancient times?

Hmm that's all I remember for now.

Good points all, but I'd say the most major combat complaint is the ease with which you can overpower yourself. We're discussing right now how you can get something like 200 damage per turn easily with the right equipment. People seem to be forgetting that doing 70 damage in a turn is very very good. I'd say something's wrong when the "weak" weapons can demolish almost anything.

About the feigned roleplaying, it might be my FF background speaking, but I found alot of this game about choices and decisions. Granted, the main storyline was barely affected by decisions (only 1 or 2 decisions mattered and there were only 2 endings). I found the majority of roleplaying and choices reseided within the sidequests. Thus, my complaint would be rephrased to that the game is dependent on sidequests to roleplay.

If not for these problems that nothing to fix except time and testing, KOTOR would have been on my all-time best 10 list.

1) If you didn't play with either dual-bladed or dual-weapon approach you were significantly weaker. Dual players did twice as much damage and hit almost as much(about as 5% less often) as single weapons.  This really screwed me over the 2nd time I replayed cause I did half as much damage and hit just as often, even with dueling feats.

2) Ranged weapons, unfortunely in KOTOR were next to useless. Everyone whos played KOTOR and been forced to use Carth knows how he misses half the time, and when he does hit does next to no damage. Dexterity should have added damage like strength did, and ranged weapons should be better than they were.

3) If you have played using dark side powers to the end of the game like I did, hoping you would get your Darth Vader on, you were sorely disappointed. It did not make any lick of sense that I a Dark Lord of the Sith at level 20 could not choke 95% of the population of the Star Forge cause they were *Immune*. GOD, I hated trying lighting those wimps into submission only to recieve the message *Immune* (by the way you just inflicted NO DAMAGE and WASTED your turn).

Meanwhile my friend Travis, was busy inflicting double the normal amount of damage with Master Speed and triple the normal amount compining Master Speed with Master Flurry.

However I was forced to suffer cause I was a Dark Side Jedi Consular with Single Blade and Dark Side Powers and close to no feats.

Overall) please make an attempt to make all classes and profession chooses in the next game worthwhile and equal.

P.S. I am now going through the game as a Jedi Guardian and already have twice as much health, inflict twice as much damage, and am having a jolly time

1)Wielding one saber gives you bonuses to AC. But that`s not enough

2)There were some very useful ranged weapons, but generaly most were useles

3)Agreed

That`s why Bioware are far from developing REAL ROLE PLAYING games....

But let`s hope for better times.