KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

According to Kreia, Disciple sits on the Jedi Council

Meh. He seemed more like the historian type than anything. Ironic that Handmaiden is the new historian.

@Metadigital: Aha! So you admit Revan's not dead!

EDIT: Sorry, but I have one more question. On all my playthroughs so far, I've said Revan is LS. At the end, Kreia says he is fighting the True Sith. Does she say the same thing if he is a DS person? Is he still fighting the True Sith, or 'leading' the True Sith?

I think a lot of people are in danger of limiting the game unnecessarily; sure Brianna wasn't involved in the game if your Exile was female, for example. Tthis doesn't mean she doesn't exist, for the purposes of future games; she already felt different and was ostracised by her sisters and Atris, so it is not a big jump to her joining a female Exile / Mical / Bastila / Atris / whomever ex post facto. Especially if Atris was spared (all the sisters weren't), then she would look upon Brianna with different eyes ...

metadigital, you are a life saver. I couldn't have said it better myself.

But to add to your comment, my personal opinion stands thus...

The canon storyline dictates that both Mical and Brianna traveled with the exile. Be it male or female.

My reasoning for this is because they were both Force Sensative, Brianna's mother was a Jedi Master, and Mical had already had basic Jedi training...under the exile, no less. There are also many more reasons, but I won't go into all of that.

BTW, what does Kreia say about him at the end? What is his supposed future? I've been meaning to ask that for a while.

"If he leaves this place he will leave the galaxy behind. He will sit upon the new Council; reluctantly, as all good men do. And he will not forget the Jedi who had lost the Force, yet showed him how to reclaim it."

Darth Traya about Mical, TSL

;)

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

@Metadigital:  Aha!  So you admit Revan's not dead!

No, Revan's dead, alright. Mical's just a sick puppy: necrophilia and all ... ;)"

"If he leaves this place he will leave the galaxy behind. He will sit upon the new Council; reluctantly, as all good men do. And he will not forget the Jedi who had lost the Force, yet showed him how to reclaim it."

Darth Traya about Mical, TSL

That sounds exactly like what she says about the Exile ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wanted to keep record of it for some reason...so I was writing as she was talking.

Did it for Visas too.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

I wasn't doubting you (you can edit the data files and read the entire script, btw, if you have a modded Xbox or the PC version). I was more making an observation about the state of the ending. ;)"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

EDIT:  Sorry, but I have one more question.  On all my playthroughs so far, I've said Revan is LS.  At the end, Kreia says he is fighting the True Sith.  Does she say the same thing if he is a DS person?  Is he still fighting the True Sith, or 'leading' the True Sith?

Revan is always fighting the True Sith

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was more making an observation about the state of the ending. :-"

What, "reclaim it"?

Yeah. I was going to stress that a little, but I figured it was clear enough. :)

I was more making an observation about the state of the ending. :-"

What, "re-claim it"?

Yeah. I was going to stress that a little, but I figured it was clear enough. :(

Spellmar says that you should use a hyphen to elucidate your meaning.

I originally thought you were suggesting that we should start some coup d'

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:rolleyes:

No no, my good man. Nothing like that, nothing like that at all.

shhh... :ph34r:

What would you say about Hoth in KOTOR III? I'm sure hunting down Wampas can be fun

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I'd say no thanks. There are enough planets in the SW galaxy that we don't need to re-use ones we've seen in games/movies. Especially one like Hoth that really doesn't add anything to the story except for that "ice planet" thing. Atleast with a planet like Coruscant or Corellia there's more history to it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Coruscant could actually make for quite an interesting "first planet". Much like Taris, it could be where you establish your identity and have a whole bunch of different missions associated with it (ie. various Padawan missions for a fledgling student), plus various undercity type missions.

I picture Coruscant as a much bigger, much more fleshed out Taris, in which you could easily spend over 10 hours of game play just on that planet before the Council sends you off on whatever mission it is that requires you to visit the other planets.

If they make it a decent planet, it is quite conceivable that >gasp!< the whole game could be set there. If that is one way to guarantee a good planet design, then I'm all for it.

The notion that "more planets = good", resulting in shallow, one-dimensional (literally) geographies to explore is frustratingly bland.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't really expect any KOTOR to give us an awesome planet with tons of areas to explore. I think one of the main characteristics of KOTOR is the multiple-planet exploration. I didn't mind only being able to explore some areas of a planet in K1 or K2; the part I liked most was being able to explore and see different planets. However, my main gripe in K2 was that they reused old environements (Dantooine, Korriban). They were almost exactly the same as the ones in the first game. Planet-wise, I don't really care what we get in K3 (if LA ever gets off their asses and make one) as long as:

a) we see new planets b) they don't recycle old environments. c) we get a decent-sized area to explore, not a small, recycled planet like Korriban in K2.

And of course, I hope the starting planet is less boring then Peragus. A starting environment like a populated area or planet would be better.

I thought Peragus wasn't too bad, actually. A little pointlessly long, empty and meandering, but not a bad environment. Again, a lot of potential, just not brought to any satisfying fruition.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I just hope there's a first planet you can go back to... it really gets me that I had several "uncompleted" quests on Taris that I could have done but was too busy getting the storyline moving to do anything with them, then taris died....

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was thinking in terms of Coruscant where it could be the "first" and "last" planet.

For example, it's your beginning planet as you're a padawan at the Jedi Temple. You're given menial tasks (fed-ex type padawan stuff) across Coruscant, and in the process you come across the seedy side of the planet (crime organizations, bounty hunters, cantinas, etc) and take on those missions if you choose. Eventually, you get summoned before the Jedi Council (no clue who is on the Council or how they'd explain it, but for argument's sake, there is one) when you've proven your worth (X number of quests completed, and/or X levels of experience gained) and sent off on the mission (whatever the main story arc of the game is) to a different planet. Fast forward to the crisis point, and you have to return to Coruscant to face whatever final enemy you have to encounter.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: make it longer. At least 1.5 the size of the last two. (from 40 hrs. long to 60 hrs long.....at least) K1 and K2 are the kinds of games that I don't want to end. I always feel so sad watching the credits roll.

And bring back Jeremy Soule...

And bring back Jeremy Soule...

Please no. No more Soule-drivel. So. Damn. Generic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What would you say about Hoth in KOTOR III? I'm sure hunting down Wampas can be fun

I would say they should:

1) use major known planets like Coruscant and Tatooine.

2) introduce new planets (like Taris).

3) use "movie" planets that did not get enough play in the movies

(i.e. Kessel and Alderaan).

minor planets that have already received plenty of play in the movies probably do not need to return, IMO. HOWEVER, I would like to go to an icey planet...with mountains, preferrably.