What Kind of Games Would You Like to Make

EnderAndrew

Given that most of the time you are given projects by publishers rather than deciding your own projects, I am curious what games you would make if you had no constraints or restrictions?

If you could start any dream project tomorrow (*cough* Van Buren, Jefferson *cough*) what would it be?

Only if I won the Powerball lottery at some point.  :)

I actually thought about that before. If I had the kind of money that Bill Gates, or Donald Trump had, I'd pay a developer to create a game to my specifics. I mean, which developer would turn down a $50 million offer even if it meant having me looking over their shoulder the whole time. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Obvioulsy I'd love to see IWD3, BG3, Fallout 3 etc etc. Or maybe an adventure game? why are there no more adventure games? I mean where else can you combine masking tape, a cat and some maple syrup to make a fake moustache?

Given that most of the time you are given projects by publishers rather than deciding your own projects, I am curious what games you would make if you had no constraints or restrictions?

If you could start any dream project tomorrow (*cough* Van Buren, Jefferson *cough*) what would it be?

RPGs.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Raptor :cool:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There were some good indie 2d platformers WAY back in the day like Jazz Jackrabbit, Commander Keen, Captain Comic, etc.

If 3dRealms is going to take titles like Prey from vaporware to reality, why not resurrent the Command Keen franchise?

Are we talking a home project to do in spare time (like my Pazaak) or what large project we'd like to be on? (I guess that's what no constraints refers to).

I'd probably go for a game like Rome Total War style, or a shooter version of KotOR...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 4 weeks later...

not that I work for Obsidain (fingers crossed, i've just applied) but I have alot of just random fun game ideas (or mini games) that I would love to make

1) a sky driving fighter sim. game - where two or more people jump out of a plane but there is only 1 parachute so they all must fight for it while falling to their doom!

2) a puzzle game, where the puzzle peices are living beings running thru a maze but you have to knock them out with a hammer and drag their bodies back to the puzzle board and nail gun them in place, before your opponent does the same or the puzzle pieces team up to free a captured piece.

3) finish my crazy revolutions game, anyone know an artist or two willing to work for free :p, oh and they have to use lightwave 7.0, since my last artist used that and I had to write my own plug in to get it to work in direct x 9.

oh crazy revolutions is an old school arcade fighter, four players side scrolling action, pay quarters to play! (or just hit the start)

4) a nice looking text based 3-D advanture game, not much of those around anymore its a shame too.

i'll keep the rest of my ideas for a rainy day or two, everyone else share!

ed p.

I hope you ([dp]FatED) followed all the rules or else Obsidian won't even consider you.

"

Resume

Include a resume that contains the following minimum information:

-Contact Information: Your full name, address, phone number and e-mail where you can be reached.

-Objective: What position you are applying for? What are your goals for the job?

-Work Experience: A summary of your work history, when you were hired and left, your job title and a description of your responsibilities.

-Skills: What are you most proficient in? (3ds max, C++, Lightwave, etc.)

-Education: Include information about diplomas, degrees or certifications.

-References: Two or three references.

"

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well I already took a question test, it was like 25 random questions. Although I kinda blew through that cos I was short on time. Now i wish I could have waited to spend more time making sure I didn't have any typo's or anything. (also it never hurts to use complete sentence structure either :* )

oh well.

I did have most of that list on my resume/cover letter already, but I didn't list any references, mainly cos outside of my teachers, I don't have any. that was long ago too.

ed p.

Making any game at this point would be my dream game!

CraigBoy2, I didn't get an interview, not surprising I don't have any job experience and there is no local game companies where I can intern. I just need to get my code out there. Any one want a college grad. programmer to work for free? I just want to get some experience at this point.

I would love to make an X-com style game, but with a stronger story and more simulation-based gameplay.

I would love to make a Deus Ex style FPS/RPG.

I'd really dig making a strategy or tactical game for a portable.

Or a Zelda-style Action/Adventure game.

And, if somehow the heavens opened up and dropped flightsticks onto every gamer's desk and beamed the desire to play space sims into their hearts, I would so love to make a Privateer/Tie Fighter/Freespace 2 style space-sim. Maybe a little slimmed down from those old days (less power-management gameplay, maybe?) but with the same kind of intense space battles.