Vampire Game

Unfortunately, I can't make it. Like I said before, my grandparents just got in to town, and I am visiting them for the weekend. Lets just say David went to investigate some UFO sightings.

Edit: I might be here. I'll keep you posted.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The probability of me showing up is increasing. I think I'll be there. Actually, I'm there right now, just waiting.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Im watching "Foyle's War" on the telly, so Ill be likely to turn up at the last minute. If Im more than 5 minutes late you'll have to slap me

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

About changing playing date to sunday, that would make it impossible for us Europeans since we start playing at about midnight.

It would also mean that we would have to play while Ender is at work. And Ender cant use IRC at work so that brings a whole new pile of trouble.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If you want, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Just keep in mind, I'm not likely to find a job that will let me attend Church and related activities, and keep up with the game at this time (the current time is 3:00 in the afternoon here when it starts).

No matter how fun the game is (and believe you me, I'm enjoying it thus far), Church wins.

If you want, we can cross that bridge when we come to it. 

Just keep in mind, I'm not likely to find a job that will let me attend Church and related activities, and keep up with the game at this time (the current time is 3:00 in the afternoon here when it starts). 

No matter how fun the game is (and believe you me, I'm enjoying it thus far), Church wins.

Church wins? Is it a competition? That sort of fundamentalist talk needs to be scuppered right now! Church is inside the heart, not an inflexible set of recurring spacio-temporal co-ordinates!

Good god, man, get a grip! This is serious gaming!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I will be out of town next week. Just so everyone knows.

I got confused by all the private RPG going on with players that those in the main channel knew nothing about. All of a sudden, Ender would be gone for 10min and noone had a clue of what was going on. I think we should either play those things in the main channel(and well have to pretend we dont know) or that you'll tell us when you go into solo mode like "Im going to have a quick solo with Jaguars now". It causes some time confusion too, you might play a scene that takes a single round while we're out in the cold thinking that weve been just chitchatting for 10 minutes.

And some rules issues:

-There are weapons(in vampire-dark ages) that contradict the weapon damage chart on page 214 of the main rulebook. However, the dark ages stuff expects players to be of low generation and/or wear chainmail and stuff. If we bring weapons that do Str+6(as with the largest one, the greatsword) into our chronicle, we're going to have mass carnage.

-Healing is not an instantaneous action.

A vampire may spend one blood point to heal one normal(bashing or lethal) health level of damage, Characters must be resting and relatively inactive for this healing to take place, though this recovery is rapid; one blood point per turn may be spent although vampires of lower generations may heal as many health levels per turn as they can spend blood points.

Now if players and NPC's have weapons that can do upwards to 12+ die of lethal damage, then we might counter this with having healing instantaneous. But I think that will make fights go on much longer than they need to, so I think we should use the damage table on page 214 of the main rulebook and have the rulebook variant of healing aswell.

-Not all rolls are made against a difficulty 7. In fact, the rulebook states(pg.191) that 6 is the standard difficulty, whereas a 7 signifies a "challenging" action.

I haven't really been playing but I do have a quick question. What "era" are you playing in? before the Antidiluvian woke up and turned Calcutta into a wasteland by fighting with Botsivahs, getting nuked, and whipping up somthing akin to a cyclone? or nearer to Gehenna?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Im pretty sure we are playing a non-metaplot game. Its current time and we have a Ravnos in the coterie so we dont have all that stuff. The Geography is different too, not the official version of Southwest USA

And some rules issues:

-There are weapons(in vampire-dark ages) that contradict the weapon damage chart on page 214 of the main rulebook. However, the dark ages stuff expects players to be of low generation and/or wear chainmail and stuff. If we bring weapons that do Str+6(as with the largest one, the greatsword) into our chronicle, we're going to have mass carnage.

-Healing is not an instantaneous action.

A vampire may spend one blood point to heal one normal(bashing or lethal) health level of damage, Characters must be resting and relatively inactive for this healing to take place, though this recovery is rapid; one blood point per turn may be spent although vampires of lower generations may heal as many health levels per turn as they can spend blood points.

Now if players and NPC's have weapons that can do upwards to 12+ die of lethal damage, then we might counter this with having healing instantaneous. But I think that will make fights go on much longer than they need to, so I think we should use the damage table on page 214 of the main rulebook and have the rulebook variant of healing aswell.

-Not all rolls are made against a difficulty 7. In fact, the rulebook states(pg.191) that 6 is the standard difficulty, whereas a 7 signifies a "challenging" action.

I fully agree with Kaftan on this.

I haven't really been playing but I do have a quick question. What "era" are you playing in? before the Antidiluvian woke up and turned Calcutta into a wasteland by fighting with Botsivahs, getting nuked, and whipping up somthing akin to a cyclone? or nearer to Gehenna?

Before Gehenna, but after the awakening of the Ravnos Antediluvian. And it was not Calcutta, it was Bangladesh.

Im pretty sure we are playing a non-metaplot game. Its current time and we have a Ravnos in the coterie so we dont have all that stuff. The Geography is different too, not the official version of Southwest USA

It's a non-metaplot game alright, but some things are taken from the official WW WoD plot. You just trust me on this...

And after the Week of Nightmares, Ravnos aren't really affected by the destruction of their Antediluvian, just like the Lasombra and the Tzimisce.

About changing playing date to sunday, that would make it impossible for us Europeans since we start playing at about midnight.

It would also mean that we would have to play while Ender is at work. And Ender cant use IRC at work so that brings a whole new pile of trouble.

Kaftan's right, again.

What does everyone think of the game so far?

I had lots of fun last night, but it was kinda slow. That whole fight scene was unnecessary and unusually cumbersome. I guess it's because it was the first game for some, but I really hope things speed up in the next sessions. You can try to handle dice rolls yourself, but I don't think it will really make a difference once players get used to the basics. More like the opposite, in fact.

I'm looking forward to the next session. :o

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Which town?

I am going to Columbus Ohio, and I will have no computer. Looks like David Vincent will be out investigaing UFO's next session.

Nothing, it came up when we were playing. I think we said something about Sunday's, but as Kaftan said, that would make it imposible for the European players.