Turn-Based Strat?

Play Rome:Total War. That is a proper noun in the vocative case, i.e. a command!

Vocative is used in direct address, but that is not the role of Rome: Total War in the sentence. In Latin, "Play" would be in the present active infinitive, imperative mood, and "Rome: Total War would be a noun in the accusative case. Although, I did fail Latin.

I'm not so hot with the grammar rules, I'm even worse with taking commands thus no military service for me.

Lt. Wateva: Incoming, Cain get your *** down now!

Me: Hey ******* who the **** you think your ******' with I'll shove this rifle up your *** backwards you litt- (bullet to the back of the head and I go home to a hero

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Silent Storm is fantastic.

I just didn't like where the story ended up going....I would have been happy with just a WW2 strategy game without the funky technology at the end of the game....maybe I was just bitter that suddenly my whole squad was dead because I had no bazookas (or missed) going up against these goofy panzerwalker thingamajigs that destroyed the immersion for me :thumbsup:

Guest Fishboot
Aside from fighting games one of the only things I miss from my console days is Turn-based strategy game.

Everything seems to be about RTS on ye olde PC but I'm sure there have been more games out there than Alpha Centauri. Got any favorites?

Master of Orion/Orion 2/Magic. Nothing says "Violence in videogames" likw the depiction of planetary carpet bombing in MoO or stellar-converting a species' homeworld in MoO2 (300 million colonists killed!).

Twitch skills in MOO2????????

:lol:

W.C. must be a real, real hardcore turnbased strategy game player :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have MoO 2, there's some twitch skills involved so I'd rather be playing Star Control.

MY GOD!!! There is absolutely nothing "twitchy" about Moo2. Pure and GREAT TBS.

I am sure you are talking about something completely different. It also has absolutely nothing in common with Star Control (other than space and spaceships).

Guest Fishboot
I have MoO 2, there's some twitch skills involved so I'd rather be playing Star Control.

Hmm? I can't remember anything that wasn't player-time in MoO2. Are you sure you're thinking of the right game? There's a galaxy map, a solar system map, diplomatic screens, space combat, and ground combat and a lot of organizational screens - don't think any of them had any twitch at all.

You kinda' have to take over control of your ships unless you want to lose a lot of them. it sort of pauses but there's no real grid so you end up in this weird start and stop game.

"MoO2 sucks. MoO3 rocks."

I'd actually heard it was the other way around.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Guest Fishboot
MoO2 sucks. MoO3 rocks.

Oh, sure, if you're some low-attention span twitch gamer... :thumbsup:"

<This is sarcasm if you're not familiar with MoO3 - the game is essentially a thorn bush of rules and interface that takes a real commitment of the engineer part of the brain to even play, much less enjoy. The game has aquired an atmosphere of nerd machismo for being so abstruse.>

Have to be:

warhammer 40k Chaos Gate. - I just can't kill enough traitors. (similar interface to X-Com, if anyone is interested)

Panzer General: The first one is best. But has to be run on a dedicated win95 machine. I don't consider it a hardship to reserve one.

~~

Has anyone here played Fallout Tactics? i was wondering whether I should get it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's a good game if you can get over its awful GUI. The utter inability to issue orders to multiple soldiers simultaneously in a real time environment can be... annoying.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's a good game if you can get over its awful GUI. The utter inability to issue orders to multiple soldiers simultaneously in a real time environment can be... annoying.

Now you know how George Bush feels and why he always looks perturbed.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)