Best Games Ever

Well I give up.  <_<

I might try again in the future, but the bugs make Daggerfall far too unplayable.  <_<

No stell dagger uzi?

:p

Never made it that far.

Bug: can't advance my skills

<start over>

Bug: a magic item mixed with a weakness I chose for my class dropped my Magicka to about 1/4 what it was supposed to be

<start over>

Bug: crash while saving, possible save corruption

<I'm tired fighting the game to try and have fun>

Back to my beloved consoles.

I may buy an Xbox so I can play morrowind on it.

Bloodlines' patch made KOTOR2's patch seem like the greatest patch ever made.

Ouch. :rolleyes:

It fixed several bugs but lacked the essential fix, the memory leak fix.

Most importanly, it fixed a game-stopping bug.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seriously, except for that big really known bug, where the game would crash at some boat(don't want to be more specific than that), I actually never had any problem with it(and you could bypass that problem with console if I remember)! Sure, the loading times were a pain, but except for that, it's one of the greatest game experiences I've ever hadm. Sure beats Kotor1/2 imo. It really felt as if I were in WoD. And at least one certain character, is ooohh so memorable. :rolleyes:

Seriously, except for that big really known bug, where the game would crash at some boat(don't want to be more specific than that), I actually never had any problem with it(and you could bypass that problem with console if I remember)! Sure, the loading times were a pain, but except for that, it's one of the greatest game experiences I've ever hadm. Sure beats Kotor1/2 imo. It really felt as if I were in WoD. And at least one certain character, is ooohh so memorable. :rolleyes:

Once I get caught up and get a new card, I was planning on KotOR 2 first... I may bump VTM:B up to my first PC gaming buy.

There was one game stopping bug that I encountered at the end of the game (although I found out later it went away when I quit and reloaded the game), but I didn't have any problems aside from that in Bloodlines. (EDIT: Sometimes the leather jacket of the Ventrue would get all funny and clip through my character, which just looked really, really wierd).

Even though I do have a good computer which would have minimized the memory leak, I doubt having a good computer is going to make most bugs disappear.

For what it's worth Metadigital, I enjoyed the game enough that despite my game stopping bug, I had no problems immediately starting a new character and playing through the game again. Fortunately at the time there was a pretty good fan-patch that fixed the game stopping bug.

I haven't played the game with the patch (since I was "done" playing it by that time), but from what it looks like it mostly did what the fan patch had done.

But I found KOTOR 2 to be much more buggy than Bloodlines.

It fixed several bugs but lacked the essential fix, the memory leak fix.

Buy more RAM, problem solved.

n00b :)

I'm tempted to flame but... feh. I no longer care.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Hard to say.

I liked Bloodlines because it was a universe I was completely unfamiliar with.

I like KOTOR 2 because lets me play in a Universe that I like and am familiar with.

Bloodlines easily has one of the coolest missions I have ever seen, in ANY game.

I thought Bloodlines got off to a really, really good start....but the ending was perhaps a bit too combat oriented (although aren't all RPG endings like this now?).

Given my experience in Bloodlines, I would still pay $50 for the game (providing of course I didn't actually know the details of the plot, but just knew how much fun I would have in the game). For what it's worth :\

No drow, nor orcs. Just Vamps, the associated other dark creatures (ghouls, werewolves), and cattle---errr...humans.

I thought Bloodlines got off to a really, really good start....but the ending last third was perhaps a bit too combat oriented basically one big shootout (although aren't all RPG endings like this now?).

That's more like it. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's good to know. I was going to shell out for Psychonauts next. I'll keep my vitreous humour aptly receptive to the game, though, in case I see it drowning in the bargain bin ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I've got the demo on a DVD here from last month (I haven't installed it yet, though). I suppose that means I get a free look and I might even be persuaded to give my first impressions to all of you lot.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It got to the point at the end where I had to *gasp* use the cheat code for God mode if I wanted to ever have a chance of beating the bosses since the game would be so choppy that I'd click my mouse button, then literally have to wait 4 or 5 seconds before my character moved, and by that time I'd see my character's health go from full to near zero.

This happened whenever there was a lot of NPCs on screen (or a lot of enemies attacking me at once). So in other words, 3/4ths of the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)