Transformers the Movie

EnderAndrew

Apparently they used a long nose truck because its more realistic for transforming into a big robot.

Well its good that they're trying for the most realistic transforming robots from outerspace.

I wonder if the 'Matrix of Leadership' is somehow going to come into play.

Also does anyone remember what they called that thing that lived at the center of Cybertron that could give life to the Transformers? It was the episode that they made the Aerobots and those decepticons that were all cars and trucks and such.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Apparently they used a long nose truck because its more realistic for transforming into a big robot.

And that excuse was sent to them via email by executives at General Motors? ;)"

That would be weird; Peterbilts arent made by General Motors.

Sorry, that was my ignorance at work. Executives from whoever builds Peterbilts(Peter?) then.

Well its good that they're trying for the most realistic transforming robots from outerspace.

I wonder if the 'Matrix of Leadership' is somehow going to come into play.

Also does anyone remember what they called that thing that lived at the center of Cybertron that could give life to the Transformers? It was the episode that they made the Aerobots and those decepticons that were all cars and trucks and such.

The Matrix is apparently the reason they're on earth. Though its not called the Matrix because they don't want to get sued by WB, even though they used the term like 15 years earlier, and if they could sue Paramount for it, they could also sue all the hundreds of Math textbooks that use the term too.

And you're thinking of Vector Sigma.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oh gawd... I've now got that Ballad of Optimus Prime song stuck in my head.

"Now I'll sing you the ballad of Optimus Prime.

He was the greatest Transformer there were of all time.

He was a big rig, a robot, and a really nice guy.

He was proof that a hero's more than meets the eye."

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, by the way, Peter Cullen, original voice of Optimus Prime, has been cast as Optimus Prime in the movie. Frank Welker, original voice of Megatron, has auditioned and no word on his casting has come yet. But it was about a month between news of Peter Cullens audition and his casting.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's great news, Oerwinde.  At least now it won't suck as much.  :o

It might actually be worth seeing now!

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's great news, Oerwinde.  At least now it won't suck as much.  :)

ORLY?

Isn't Megatron a jet in this one? :blink:

Yes, but a jet voiced by Frank Welker!

What little scraps they feed us they pervert with that of the bizarre, and yet they still expect our loyal fandom. Life ain't easy being a Trans-Fan. :(

manthing2.jpg

Prediction: Hasbro is launching a new Transformers toy line and they need a movie to promote it. End of discussion.

About Michael Bay, I enjoyed The Rock and The Island and I like his visual style a lot(although that could be Bruckheimer/Simpson). I think he could do a good job with the film but the details(Optimus a Long-Nose, Megatron a jet, it's a WB teen flick, etc) will sink this imo.

" You using the whole fist, Doc?"

The selling point for me with this movie is if they make that all too familiar sound when they transform, just like in the cartoons.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

That's great news, Oerwinde.  At least now it won't suck as much.  ;)

ORLY?

Isn't Megatron a jet in this one? :)

What was he in the cartoons?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta