Transformers the Movie

EnderAndrew

• 2 weeks later...

"Right now, we're thinking there will be five Autobots and five Decepticons," says Kurtzman. "But you know the ones everybody knows like Optimus Prime and Megatron and Starscream and Soundwave and Bumblebee. R.C. is gonna be in it."

This just in from the screenwriters. No word yet on whether or not Bay is directing.

"Right now, we're thinking there will be five Autobots and five Decepticons," says Kurtzman. "But you know the ones everybody knows like Optimus Prime and Megatron and Starscream and Soundwave and Bumblebee. R.C. is gonna be in it."

This just in from the screenwriters.  No word yet on whether or not Bay is directing.

Yeah, I just posted about that in the other TF thread because I couldn't find this one.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 10 months later...

Ok, so since the last time this was discussed, more news has surfaced, most of it horrible. Here are the bad points:

-Bumblebee is a camaro

-Bumblebee doesn't talk, instead using various car radio clips to communicate

-Megatron is a jet who doesn't show up until the last third of the movie

-Soundwave is a boombox who transforms into a 4 1/2 foot tall skinny robot who is killed by a girl.

-Optimus has no faceplate, and is possibly not even red.

-Devastator is a tank instead of a badass constructicon combiner

-The transformers take a backseat to the teenage drama of Sam(Spike's real name)

-Decepticons don't talk

Ok, now the good.

Michael Clark Duncan is in it.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, that sounds decidedly awful.

I still loved Beast Wars though. I'd actually get up early every morning before school just to watch it.

Wow, I feel old all of a sudden, and it's time to look that show up on Ares.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Ok, so since the last time this was discussed, more news has surfaced, most of it horrible. Here are the bad points:

-Bumblebee is a camaro

-Soundwave is a boombox who transforms into a 4 1/2 foot tall skinny robot who is killed by a girl.

-The transformers take a backseat to the teenage drama of Sam(Spike's real name)

-Decepticons don't talk

Save me this mockery of justice! :p

manthing2.jpg

Well, that sounds decidedly awful.

I still loved Beast Wars though. I'd actually get up early every morning before school just to watch it.

Wow, I feel old all of a sudden, and it's time to look that show up on Ares.

Beast Wars isn't that old. They just re-released the toys for the 10th anniversary.

Anyway, the TF movie is going downhill fast. There is currently 1 person involved with the film that actually gives a damn about what the fans think. Don Murphy. Though Tom DeSanto is on Don's side on most things. The DiBoneventura **** actually insulted fans on a couple occaisions, and based on whats reported, Spielburg being a fan of G1 was a huge lie.

Sin City proved you can be true to the source material and make money. So did Harry Potter 1 and 2. These changes are not needed. They could even have included mass shifting if they wanted to. Just add two lines:

Spike: How was Soundwave able to transform into something so small when he's so big in robot form?

Prime: Mass shifting is... complicated. I don't really know myself, if Wheeljack were here, he could explain.

BAM, they now have until Wheeljack is introduced in a sequal to come up with an explaination. Or they could just not even introduce him and whatever.

Devastatorsig.jpg

10 years is more than half of my life. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

-Bumblebee is a camaro

-Decepticons don't talk

Save me this mockery of justice! :(

Movie-maker: I repeat, Guilty or Innocent?

Head Movie-maker: Innocent.

Movie-maker: Feed him to the sharkticons!

Transformer fan: NOOOOOOOOoooooooo... *splash*

-Bumblebee is a camaro

-Decepticons don't talk

Save me this mockery of justice! :wub:

Movie-maker: I repeat, Guilty or Innocent?

Head Movie-maker: Innocent.

Movie-maker: Feed him to the sharkticons!

Transformer fan: NOOOOOOOOoooooooo... *splash*

This movie is teh FRAUDz0r!1

Now THIS is Transformers The Movie:

transformers_the_movie.jpg

manthing2.jpg

Who the frak made Bumblebee a Camaro??!!

The movie MUST be financed in part by General Motors?

Yeah, GM is supplying most of the cars for the film I think. So likely Jazz will be a Vette or new camaro rather than a Porsche, Prime will be a big long nose GMC, etc. It will be lame. Personally, I don't see why they can't just go buy a Bug, take off the logos, and use that. If they buy it, they can do whatever they want with it.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I want my Beast Wars...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I remember coming home from school and watching the Transformers for a while. Every episode was exactly the same...

Does 'live action Transformers movie' translate into 'mostly blue screen' movie? Hard to picture actors playing robots who can change into a vehicle. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I want my Beast Wars...

Agreed.

Got $120?

- Everlast

Who the frak made Bumblebee a Camaro??!!

The movie MUST be financed in part by General Motors?

Yeah, GM is supplying most of the cars for the film I think. So likely Jazz will be a Vette or new camaro rather than a Porsche, Prime will be a big long nose GMC, etc. It will be lame. Personally, I don't see why they can't just go buy a Bug, take off the logos, and use that. If they buy it, they can do whatever they want with it.

Actually, if you carefully read EULAs of most if not all products you will learn that when you buy something you don't buy the product itself but rather the right to use/consume it.

Personal property is an illusion. Everything belongs to banks and corporations.

Just like the Transformers name, brand, logos, merch.

:D

All signs point to this movie being a suckfest. However, all signs pointed at greatness for Phantom Menace. So I'll wait for some reviews and then go see it with a leveled head.

The DiBoneventura **** actually insulted fans on a couple occaisions, and based on whats reported, Spielburg being a fan of G1 was a huge lie.

What DiBoneventura (I swear that's made that up) say?

Was looking for it, I was wrong, he didn't insult the fans, he insulted the voice actors. Saying why would we want the original voice actors, they're just TV people.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Was looking for it, I was wrong, he didn't insult the fans, he insulted the voice actors. Saying why would we want the original voice actors, they're just TV people.

This from the producer of America's Funniest Home Videos? :huh:

In any case, he should be put up against a wall and shot by Hades when he is in the same mood he was yesterday.

I just laid down 214 bucks on the japanese versions of Masterpiece Optimus Prime, and Masterpiece Starscream. Though $65 of that was shipping and insurance.

Devastatorsig.jpg