Transformers the Movie

EnderAndrew

It's Michael Bay we're talking about here. What did you expect?

I figured they'd look at the last group of adaptions and see that the ones that treated their source material with respect (Spider-Man, Sin City, Batman Begins, etc.) went on to be successful, while the ones that threw the source material out the window (Catwoman, AvP, etc) failed.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.seibertron.com/images/movie/autobotspike002.jpg

So standing next to Prime is Starscream... and we thought the toy mold looked bad. Its like a combination of Nemesis from RE, a gorilla, a chicken, and all made of airplane parts. Its like they're trying to piss off the fans on purpose.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Can't blame them for going out on a limb.

No, no, that's not right, I can blame them. I will blame them. They've absolutely butchered Transformers, for chrissakes. Megatron is now an autobot (at least, he's not a a real decepticon) who's not evil, he's just "conflicted". **ckin Micheal Bay, man.

I don't know why they don't just do us all a favor and change the name of the movie to "Transformers: Gundam Wing"

Edited by Pop

Okay, this is stupid.  WTF Megatron not a Decepticon?!?!?!  HE IS THE FREAKING LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!

Who is this Michael Bay person and so I can shoot this bugger?!?!

I am just going to write off this movie as being pathetically stupid.

Oh he's a Decepticon all right. A Decepticon that eats the souls of other Transformers. Whoever came up with that idea should be shot. I'm looking at you John Rogers...

Devastatorsig.jpg

The only thing that can save this movie now is the transforming sound effect.

They're trying to fit the original theme into the score somewhere too., plus we have Peter Cullen and possibly Frank Welker.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Apparently the script floating around is an early revision.. I read it and well, it's a cheesy boy gets girl action flick. Plot holes and nonsensical things abound, maybe they'll change some of the things.. but my guess is that it will mostly stay the same.

Not something I'd go see, if it weren't for the transformers name it wouldn't have even been a blip on my radar.

I read the script as well. Its not a very good TF movie script. The TFs have like 15 lines total through the whole movie.

But Bob Orci said on the official movie boards that they've exponentially increased the TFs lines. They've added several whole scenes with just the TFs and such.

I just hope they cut the part where Spike kills megatron.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I read the script as well. Its not a very good TF movie script. The TFs have like 15 lines total through the whole movie.

But Bob Orci said on the official movie boards that they've exponentially increased the TFs lines. They've added several whole scenes with just the TFs and such.

My guess is that hey won't.

The hero(hero as in Leading Character, not hero as in he/she saves people) in the story is the boy, not Optimus. Therefore, Spike will kill Megatron.

From the review linked above:

"Why they didn't bring Arcee into the picture and make Prime and Megs fight over her sweet, pink, angular @$$ instead I'll never know."

:ermm:

Edited by astr0creep

You mean there are whole scenes of just Transformers in Transformers: The Movie? That's fantastic!!

I know! in the original script... there weren't.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Michael Bay is missing the point just like with Pearl Harbor.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Maybe... just maybe it doesnt turn out exactly like that. For example Spike could be killed quite early on in the film and then in the final awesome battle between Prime and Megatron, OP finds the corpse of Spike and then proceeds to use it to beat Megatron to death. So in a way Spike does kill Megatron.

Here's hoping...