Signifigance of names

11XHooah

John williams.

I think his classical scores have been overused by Spielberg and GL.

Get some heavy metal! :thumbsup:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Someone should make a War of the Worlds thread before I ruin this one completely :thumbsup:

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

When I google the name Oerwinde, I get 1830 results. Almost all of them being forum posts by me, my website, or forum profiles.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My username is just some random nonsense intended as a mock of l33tsp33k. It's in no way supposed to mean that I consider myself better than anyone else as the occasional troll wannabe has tried to imply. :)

I was rather baffled to find that CS and other games players actually use my username... which only strengthens my reasons for using it.

The current avatar is a Kilrathi pilot. The Kilrathi are the cat-like race that is humanity's nemesis in Origin's great Wing Commander saga.

The sig is pretty self-explainatory.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The days of Wing Commander. I had a friend who loved the series, but, alas, I've never played.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

How "far-out" can a nick be without being ridiculous? Quite far, as musopticon was originally a device used for checking phantasmal activity in the short story "The Phantasm of Q____" by Fred Sturgeon. For those not in the know; Fred Sturgeon was a wierd tales writer along with moorc0cks and howards and lovecrafts of the last century. A rather good one actually. Along with oneiroscope, who also is a forum indentity in the net, musopticon was mentioned only once in the whole text, which further proves me as a nutjob when it comes to coming up with decent names. I was Undead Capustine Monkey once, before that I used Dreen Majel everywhere. That name was just a mix of different themes and words which I used as a character name in some obscure rpg. Later, I found out that Dreen had already been taken by a hundred other things and Majel was a common surname somewhere. ;)

The avatar changes periodically, but this one's from Rise of Legends. It's steampunk. 'Nuff said.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The days of Wing Commander.  I had a friend who loved the series, but, alas, I've never played.

Well, those were pretty cool games. But unless you absolutely don't care about graphics, I wouldn't recommend them, as they were always (way) behind their SW counterparts.

But hey, they had Mark "Skywalker" Hamill as the PC for 2 games, and as guest star in another one!

This momentary thread derailment was brought to you by "Those Were The Days" Inc.

Carry on with your on-topic discussion. ;)"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The current avatar is a Kilrathi pilot. The Kilrathi are the cat-like race that is humanity's nemesis in Origin's great Wing Commander saga.

Oh, Wow! Now I remember Wing Commander. That was a cool game. Boy, that takes me back ... :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Gallen was a last name option in KOTOR II. It took me about 20 min. to come up with Race. I liked how they flowed together, and I thought it fit in the Star Wars universe nicely.

The avatar is the best I could find online. Reminds me of the character I play in KOTOR II. I plan on creating my own soon.

My sig is just something the wife and I made together with PSP 8, and I thought it looked cool. She is known as VioletSkylight to those in the PSP world, and has been schooling me on that program.

i use shryke because one day when sitting in my mate's lounge, i screeched like a bird for no particular reason. and most bird-based names are kinda used a lot (eg raven, condor, eagle...) so i decided on shrike, but i spelt it wrong, so now i have shryke

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Some people on here must change their avatar more often than their underwear...... :wub:

i agree. the evil tyrant spoon-king must not be allowed to take over cutleryland!!

oh... umm.... what was this about again...?

oh! right! avatars! anyways.... i haven't really been here long enough to notice too many changes...

Steve is me, of course, and Thai Binh is the Vietnamese town where I was living when I joined the Bioware boards, so easy to remember.

My avatar is not, as Lucius would have you believe, a bespectacled blue-rinse nightmare granny from hell, but is in fact Nintama Rantaro, trainee ninja from the very cool Japanese anime of the same name.

My sig was a thing I heard on the radio - I liked it for satirising both the way big games companies advertise their products and the way charities present images of the poor in order to get our money.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

7 hours a day to get water?! you better take a BIG bucket then!

i can imagine.... i just dont feel like it :thumbsup:

tehehehe GRANNY FROM HELL!! GRANNY FROM HELL!!! (w00t) (w00t)

Imagine living in a world where you have to walk for seven hours every day just to fetch clean water; where you have to look into your children's eyes and tell them there isn't enough to eat. Can you imagine?

Why not relocate to the water?

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Imagine living in a world where you have to walk for seven hours every day just to fetch clean water; where you have to look into your children's eyes and tell them there isn't enough to eat. Can you imagine?

Why not relocate to the water?

The people who live there are probably not going to welcome them with open arms ... also, they are probably near their own farming land / places of work.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

True enough, but would not towns grow up around areas where it is easier to survive? And thus, would not the jobs follow the people who move to said town? Besides, seven hours to get water? If the locals protect the water so diligently, how do you get any at all? Even if they do protect it and you have to sneak in, you could move at least somewhat closer.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

True enough, but would not towns grow up around areas where it is easier to survive? And thus, would not the jobs follow the people who move to said town? Besides, seven hours to get water? If the locals protect the water so diligently, how do you get any at all? Even if they do protect it and you have to sneak in, you could move at least somewhat closer.

This sort of thing is common in slums of India, where the dispossessed have no claim to any land and must queue for water at a public dispenser, which only flows for a few hours a day. (I guess they might be able to move closer as people closer to the water die of some horribly degenerative, but curable, disease or move on some other place ... ). And they don't have work and aren't permitted to work in anything (caste system and the "unclean" people) ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

At first, yes they would. But over time populations expand out to less and less favourable lands. Also availability of water changes over time and with environmental degradation, but traditional land ownership/access rights don't change along with it.

Nomads are increasingly restricted in their movements by some governments and settled populations, and their access to traditional land is being cut off. They have to go where they can, and that's often the least suitable land. Either that or abandon their way of life and culture.

Seven hours is not unknown. It's often the women's job to get the water, but travelling so far carries risks for anyone.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)