Signifigance of names

11XHooah

Not sure if this would be considered a spamming topic. If it is, sorry. The question is this: What is the signifigance of your name/sig/avatar selection on these forums. I thought this would be a good way for us to find out a little more about other users on these boards.

I'll start:

I chose the name 11XHooah because I'm enlisted with an 11X (Infantry) contract in the U.S. Army, and I try to be as hooah as possible (always doing my best, putting in 100% and then some into everything I do, as well as being highly motivated). My reasons for the military avatar are pretty self explanatory. As for my sig, my favorite quote is in there, and it's by John Stewart Mill. It holds a lot of wisdom and truth in it. As for the other two, the one by SGT. Struecker is from the book Black Hawk Down, and the other was said by a friend of mine.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I love Tolkien's work and I'm pompous. So, like all other pompous people who love Tolkien's work, I'm an Elfophile (Alwyn). Hence, I gave myself a pretentious name like "Eldar," which I hate. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else that suits me. If we all met in person, I'd buy a round of beers and crack silly jokes and goof off and then I could be some sort of silly, funny name, Like "BonzarO" or something. Online, though, I'm a complete "Eldar."

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I love Tolkien's work and I'm pompous.  So, like all other pompous people who love Tolkien's work, I'm an Elfophile (Alwyn).  Hence, I gave myself a pretentious name like "Eldar," which I hate.  Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else that suits me.  If we all met in person, I'd buy a round of beers and crack silly jokes and goof off and then I could be some sort of silly, funny name, Like "BonzarO" or something.  Online, though, I'm a complete "Eldar."

^

Eru be the head God in The Silmarillion, the Elves are servants of Eru.

For my name, you get the Fett part, but the Draken is a figment of my imagination.

My avvie is just to show a Fett, what I thought a Draken Fett would look like.

My 1st siggie is from the end of the Revenge of the Sith novel by Matthew Stover. I thought it was pretty cool.

2nd is from the game Jade Empire. A follower named Black Whirlwind tells you about his previous mercenary jobs. This was the funniest. And if you respond "How could you do that, Whirlwind?" He says, "It was easy! My axes are sharp, and her skin was soft!"

3rd is my author's page showing my fan fictions.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Mine comes from a very old AD&D campaign. The ShadowPaladins were an organisation similiar to the Judges of MC1. Judge jury and executioner in one handy dandy little package.

The avatars simple enough. It's just a character from a game I happen to be playing or looking forward too. The current one is from the latest incarnation of FireEmblem on the GBA.

The current sig is from the Bards Tale (the full version pokes fun of the whole "chosen one" thing in RPGs).I'll probably change it next time I come across something worthwhile.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, my name originated from a name list I got in my Birthright campaign setting boxed set. I thought the name was cool, and started using it.

3 years later I realized the name was on the "Female" part of the list. But no one had said anything in 3 years so I just stuck with it.

As for my avatar... Devastator baby. Not necessarily the best transformer, or even my favorite, but for pure cool factor nothing beats Devastator.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There was an older thread on this, however it may be old enough that some might consider it necro-posting to revisit.

I normally use EnderAndrew, but I never got my validation email for the account. I kept emailing people here trying to get that account active for some three months, and got tired of not being able to post, so I eventually reregistered with EnderWiggin.

Ender Wiggin is a character from the Ender's Game series of books by Orson Scott Card. There are other Ender Wiggins on the internet, however I do beleive I am the only EnderAndrew I've ever seen online.

Andrew was Ender's real name, and people often saw one side of his character or another. He was seen as a monster, and as a savior. Both were true, and yet neither were true. I choose the name EnderAndrew to represent the dual nature of humanity, and how few see us for what we truly are.

I'm currently reading Shadow of the Hegemon. It's quite good. Of all the books, Ender's Game is my favorite. Ender is my favorite character. I like some of the others, but Ender really is the best of the bunch.

Anyhow, having read some of the books in the series, I can appreciate the EnderWiggin name a bit more.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Walsingham was Queen Elizabeth the first's spymaster. And a very dubious chap.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Kaftan Barlast was a little known Pakistani film director who in 2003 was given the assignment from the Security council of Iran to make an Islamic remake of Chuck Norris's famous "Missing in action" from 1984. The new film was to be called "Mujaheddin rescue" and its story was that of a veteran from the Afghan-Soviet war returnign to service in order to embark on a dangerous mission to the US in order to free innocent jihaddists from the prison camps of the great satan. The film was to be financed by the Saudis with an almost 100 million dollar budget. The team recieved permission from the US foreign department to shoot key scenes in Washington DC and Guantanamo bay as long as they made the voyage from Iran by boat. Tragicly, just as the ship was leaveing the gulf, it was hit 11 times by a stray cruise missile in a freak accident, killing everyone onboard including Barlast.

...no Im just kidding :D Kaftan Barlast is latin for "My hypocaust is full of Macedonians"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Lucius the Eternal, a malicious Chaos Champion from Warhammer 40k

lucius-art-01.jpg

Charming, isn't he? :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

My name is adapted from the name of the album Reveille, by Deerhoof. I needed to come up with a name for an email address, and the album was sitting beside me. But Reveille was taken, and since I dislike emails with numbers in them, I tacked the d on at the end to give me a unique name.

My Avatar is a cutsey-anime representation of the Great Race of Yith, a creature of H.P. Lovecraft's creation.

My sig is non-existent.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

My name is my real life firstname and surname, shortened into one big mess of letters that noone ever manages to get right when they try to quote me (unless they use the auto-quote functions..).

My signature is just a shameless ad for the site I'm reviewing games for. It isn't online at this moment though.

My avatar is a Wasteland redneck, taken from my favourite game Wasteland.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My name is a reference to Launch from the DB series and my location is a reference to Akira as I'm a total otaku when it comes to anime and manga

My signature combines the coolness of both my favourite robots/droids; Bender and HK-47

My avatar has no real significance :p

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]