Just got a GameCube...

Arkan

Recommend some games to me.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I would recommend the RPG Baten Kaitos. It's a nice JRPG, made by ex-squaresoft people who where behind games like Xenogears and Chrono Trigger.

It's long aswell, i'm 50 hours in and i haven't started the last part of the game yet("Entering the bad guy's grounds/mansion").

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Metroid Prime (action)

Soul Calibur 2 (fighting)

SSX3 (sports)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (action-adventure)

I couldn't find any good racing games for the Gamecube, but the other genres have been covered by earlier thread participants.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought a GameCube recently too, my game purchases were:

-Tales of Symphonia

-Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

-Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Terrible controls. Unless you're a tremendous fan of the series you might as well skip it.)

-Metroid Prime

Friday I bought Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 4 too. Don't listen to these yokels, RE4 is fantastic. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a great recommendation and for racing games FZero GX is a good arcade racer.

I would suggest renting EA(ugh!) sports fight night round two. It's a very good boxing game, and the game cube version also has the original punch out game on the disc as well... :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Awesome game, and practically anyone can pick up a controller and be playing in minutes. The combat system has a lot of depth at the same time though.

I must've put in 5 or 6 hours on that game since I got it going head to head with my younger sister.

Second for Eternal Darkness, it's a delightfully creepy game.

I liked the SNES Harvest Moon, I don't know how the Gamecube version turned out as I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, it might be worth looking at some reviews though.

If you don't have it on one of the other platforms already, Spiderman 2 is worth a purchase.

If you're a fan, then Zelda's for you... just ignore the cartoon graphics, and the underwater Hyrule scene is awesome. Man, I still need to finish that game...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

... and the game cube version also has the original punch out game on the disc as well... :blink:

Is that the stand up arcade game with the up/down lever, the left/right punches and hook/uppercut supersized slam button? Where you play Bear Hugger (no, hang on, that's Super Punch Out, isn't it ...) Glass Jaw Joe as your first fight? :geek:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm...

Just got RE4 and I must say the game looks great. Of course, without a mouse a keyboard, I'll have to get used to the controls of a shooter with a controller.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Until you get used to the controls, go for Legshots.

That'll slow your enemies, or knock them down, giving you more time to plan and execute your moves.

And some little boys on this forum think that females don't have the killer instinct ... :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Killer instinct?  :(

Does enjoying using Flame Throwers on enemies in Deus Ex just to watch them run around on fire make me a bad person?  :(

It means you enjoy the inflicting of pain more than the efficiency of a quick, quiet kill ...

... you don't have pretensions to being a Dominatrix by any chance, do you? :-"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Killer instinct?  o:)

Does enjoying using Flame Throwers on enemies in Deus Ex just to watch them run around on fire make me a bad person?  :shifty:

It means you enjoy the inflicting of pain more than the efficiency of a quick, quiet kill ...

but, but, when they're on fire they can't shoot back :D They just run around screaming :D

... you don't have pretensions to being a Dominatrix by any chance, do you?  :-"

the world may never know.... :shifty:

but, but, when they're on fire they can't shoot back :D They just run around screaming :D

Yeah, screaming for more guards to come and help! (Being truthful, the only qualms I have with that tactic is the dang thing runs out of napalm too quickly ... )

... you don't have pretensions to being a Dominatrix by any chance, do you?  :shifty:"

I'm sensing that may be a good thing. (Unless this is a cover for the fact that some people in the world already know ... then again, that may still be a good thing.)

Reminds me of a joke (stop me if you've heard it):

Sadist and Masochist meet through a newspaper ad (old joke: let's modernise with chat room), and decide to take their meeting to the next level.

Going back to the Masochists place, who undresses and stands quivering with anticipation, naked before the sadist, who stands swinging the cat-o'nine-tails jauntily. "Whip me!" says the masochist, breathlessly.

"No." says the sadist.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, screaming for more guards to come and help! (Being truthful, the only qualms I have with that tactic is the dang thing runs out of napalm too quickly ... )

And their screaming leads their allies into a trap :D

If you're running out of ammo, you are using too much flame o:) Only about 5 shots are needed to light someone up... and then they'll die eventually.

So a full Flame thrower is good for 20 people (give or take) that's VERY good ammo use :-

... you don't have pretensions to being a Dominatrix by any chance, do you?  :shifty:"

I'm sensing that may be a good thing. (Unless this is a cover for the fact that some people in the world already know ... then again, that may still be a good thing.)

Reminds me of a joke (stop me if you've heard it):

Sadist and Masochist meet through a newspaper ad (old joke: let's modernise with chat room), and decide to take their meeting to the next level.

Going back to the Masochists place, who undresses and stands quivering with anticipation, naked before the sadist, who stands swinging the cat-o'nine-tails jauntily. "Whip me!" says the masochist, breathlessly.

"No." says the sadist.

That's pretty funny :)

And their screaming leads their allies into a trap :D

If you're running out of ammo, you are using too much flame :shifty: Only about 5 shots are needed to light someone up... and then they'll die eventually.

So a full Flame thrower is good for 20 people (give or take) that's VERY good ammo use :shifty:

That's pretty funny o:)

Ahh, I was obviously having too much fun overwelmed whilst burning the little suckers poor enemy combatants.

I'll have to test your recommendations next play-through -- purely for scientific research purposes, you understand.

Haven't heard it before then? Good (I hate telling old jokes that people have heard before: much better to tell old jokes that the person hasn't heard before). :D

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT