Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

It will be when it's done. :D

I had another module I started, and did a lot of the work; but crapped out because I really sucked at scripting and using the toolset. I couldn't even do proper script checks in dialogue so npcs wouldn't repeat themselves. That is obviously fixed now.

I have other mods that have stopped cold. I had an epic MP combat (still with lots of role-playing sicne I prefer that) module that was erase by an evil person when I was upgrading my computer. grr.. That won't happen here anyways since I have multiple ahrd copies of the mod on disc. Hahah.

So, yeah, it'll be my first.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Added my feedback to appropriate forum at NWN Guide "Modules of Volournia":

Playtester's Corner - Witcheta Chronicles 1: The Relic.

There is not a hellavalot of combat at this stage, so it didn't really matter what level my character was (except wrt feats and abilities). I guess that will be added with the critical dialogue.

Great stuff so far. :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"There is not a hellavalot of combat at this stage, so it didn't really matter what level my character was (except wrt feats and abilities). I guess that will be added with the critical dialogue."

Well.. thatd epends on how you react to the npcs. If you go around attacking everyone there'd be a lot of fighting. Ha.

"Great stuff so far. "

:"> :-:-

"Great stuff so far. "

:">  :blink:  :(

Yep, to expand:

I like the depth of interaction with the NPCs; the fact that there are responses that require / use abilities (Wisdom, Lore, etc) and dialogue choices have ramifications (alignment penalties), together with some of the most competent dialogue (as in real speech) I have had to read.

:geek:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Guys! This is by far the best NWN mod ever made by the community! Magical Volo ROCKS!!!"

You haven't even tried it, doofus! And, if you did, you'd know it's incomplete. If I'd release it now it would suck.

"I like the depth of interaction with the NPCs; the fact that there are responses that require / use abilities (Wisdom, Lore, etc) and dialogue choices have ramifications (alignment penalties), together with some of the most competent dialogue (as in real speech) I have had to read."

:">

You should be proud, Volourn. Almost twelve pages brotherly nudgery just because of you. :ermm:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No, I was watching out for the Witchetas :rolleyes:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

So did you finish it?

I played through once, and I will probably go back shortly for another QA. (It's QA, after all, not true play. But that is also good, because I always find little bugs and flaws in the modules that I want to telll someone about ... and now I can!)

:shifty::blink:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well they're must be a place where the mod ends...right :blink: ?

Not necessarily, it is conceivable that a character might be sucked into a vortex in the space-time continuum and be forced to replay a set series of events over and over again (commonly referred to as "Groundhog Day syndrome").

In this case, however, I have completed QA inasmuch as the module would let me, so for the sake of simplicity (and ignoring any possible temporal physics anomolies) YES, I have finished. Once. :shifty:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT