Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

If you are members of the NWN Board, you can now request an invite to the new Modules of Volournia guild there now. Expect a FAQ and background hsistory for the world as soon as posisble to be found there as well...

"Have you noticed (at the time of writing) this thread is still accessible from the KotOR 2 General Discussion board?

Is there some initiative to cross polenate the boards?"

Only until that berrsion in the KOTOR2 boards moves off the first page...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Must I register on thr Bio boards?...or register my copy ?"

You need to register at the baords, yes, but I don't think you need a registered copy...

'Tis up to you; though...

It's not a thread... You have to go into the Guild area and request an invite.. To make it easier, what is your membership name on the BIO baords as I can send you an invite.. :rolleyes:

Heh. Sounds great, Volo. I hope you aren't biting off more than you can chew, though. If you actually implement all of your ideas AND manage to do the other 3 chapters without getting bored/frustrated/infatuated by NWN2, it's going to be one kickass saga for sure.

And now, as the selfish Paladin player I am, I think it's a shame you aren't going to include some sort of Knightly Order. Oh well.

Good stuff. ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"I just saw NWN platinum does it contain the BIO modules?"

The online ones? No. Just the OC, SOU, and HOTU plus some other minor babbles.

"Heh. Sounds great, Volo."

Heh. Thanks. :lol:

"I hope you aren't biting off more than you can chew, though."

That's why I waited awhile to share the details like I did. I only came out with it a while on the 'Codex because silly goose ordered me to. <> And, hey, if the 'Codex can be interested in a NWN module made by a thron in their side; I'm sure I can find a few here who are too. :D

Really, the really major stuff to add other than finishing/adding certain dialogues are spell changes and henchmen. Other than it's major QA'ing.

"manage to do the other 3 chapters without getting bored/frustrated/infatuated by NWN2, it's going to be one kickass saga for sure."

NWN's been out for 3+ eyars,a nd I'm not bored yet. While I'm lloking forward to NWN2 for all the cool stuff; this is my ode to a game I've ahd fun with plus I have to at least somewhat back up my silliness of pre NWN mod hype when Ia ctually thought NWN modmaking would be 'easy'. I'm not know the toolset pretty well, and while I'm nos cript wizard I have handy tools plus I cna bug those who are script wizards for the more challengings cripts in the mod. ;)

I might make a mod for NWN2; but I will definitely be also focusing on this seires of mods too. I haven't done all the background work for nothing. <>

"And now, as the selfish Paladin player I am, I think it's a shame you aren't going to include some sort of Knightly Order. Oh well."

Ha. The way dieties work in this world; there is no room for Knightly Orders as paladins basically work straight for the gods. Think of what 'Champions of X' would be in the Realms. Believe me when i say paladin players won't be dissappointed with a lack of a 'guild'. Their church is their guild so, in essence, paladins have 5 guilds. (w00t)

On an extra note form above, there's a reason why the first module is as short as it is, and its because I have to include time to add in the spell changes and henchmen stuff. Once, I have the 'rules system' in place as well as a dynamic henchmen system; mod building won't take as long.. Not to mention the experience I've gained this far.

Send it to me, young Volourn. If you dare. The testing will be..... rigorous.

You've been around long enough to have my private email address from the days of yore. If you do not then I'll PM you. I have re-installed NwN, Sou, HotU and updated it today especially.

Mwuahahahahaaa!!!

Cheers

Evil QA MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

"You've been around long enough to have my private email address from the days of yore. If you do not then I'll PM you."

Ok. PM me when you can. :)

"Send it to me, young Volourn. If you dare. The testing will be..... rigorous."

Oh. I do dare. Afterall, I've sent it Codexer regulars. :("

Just remember it's not complete and it likely has it share of typos. LOL

"So what did the good people at the Codex think of the mod"

In general...

Good: Options, atmosphere, plans for the mod

Bad: Too many typos/silly grammar errors, not finished yet

:(:):devil:

"Who cares about typos ? "

I do... unless I'm posting... which has probably cursed me since now I'm too used to typing at mega speeds...

"Why does that not surprise me?"

:(