Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

"How much would these components cost ?"

Depends on the component. Holy symbols are given free to clerics at the start of the module and would only need to be replaced if the PC were to justd rop them on the ground, or unfortunate events occur..

"We'll be able to find them on dead mages or in dungeons right? "

Yes to both as NPC mages would need components too...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And, a holy symbol would be reuseable.

Something else to consider: Summong spells will last 2 rounds/level so don't over etened thema nd don' rely on them so much. And, like I said, they'll be more varied and not just silly animals..

What about Paladins, will they have a nifty holy symbol? (I really like what Rick Burton did with Twilight and Midnight -- until I played these I never wanted to be a Paladin and now I really dig it because you get a cool aura! Oops, am I digressing again ...)

I very, very rarely cast summoning spells as they are boring creatures -- I wish the familiar creatures were more like AD&D (2e) when you would permanently gain HPs and lose them again if they died. Just make them naturally harder to hit due to dexterity/hiding ... after all they are not meant to be ordinary creatures of their ilk, but special instances. Geez, am I still writing? :devil:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"I very, very rarely cast summoning spells as they are boring creatures"

My summoning spells won't be - they include; but are not gonna be limited to goblins, ogres, bullettes, giants, and PC races. That doesn't even include the variant spell lists for animate dead, planar summoning, and the aforementioned Gate...

"What about Paladins, will they have a nifty holy symbol?"

Yes.

As for familiars; I'm not sure if I'm gpnna touch them. I think NWN's version of them, while not the same as the pnp types; is pretty cool in its own right. Maybe minor twinks; but likely nothing major. I'd rather concentrate on other stuff.

... My summoning spells won't be - they include; but are not gonna be limited to goblins, ogres, bullettes, giants, and PC races. That doesn't even include the variant spell lists for animate dead, planar summoning, and the aforementioned Gate...

"What about Paladins, will they have a nifty holy symbol?"

Yes.

:cool: (w00t) :-:devil::))

... As for familiars; I'm not sure if I'm gpnna touch them. I think NWN's version of them, while not the same as the pnp types; is pretty cool in its own right. Maybe minor twinks; but likely nothing major. I'd rather concentrate on other stuff.

Well if you aren't having many magic users then there can't be too many familiars flying around, either. :(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In fact, if I get my way, and I have the time, I might have it so you can have multiple summons out and about at once. I'll probably get scripting help for the spells though when I get them organized in Word on how I'd like them done.

"Well if you aren't having many magic users then there can't be too many familiars flying around, either.'

Magic users, while not overly common, do exist in decent amount of numbers. i believe in this module; there's about 3-6... And, they will have familairs and/or have the ability to summon them including 'special' familiars..

P.S. WOO HOO! It's been moved! Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Moderators! :devil:

Magic users, while not overly common, do exist in decent amount of numbers. i believe in this module; there's about 3-6... And, they will have familairs and/or have the ability to summon them including 'special' familiars..

:D

What about sorcerers? :devil:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"What about sorcerers?"

No sorcerors to be seen in this first mod...

To do mega pre hype for part 3... you'll be able to join (and subsequently take over or destroy) various guilds...

Hehe. Anyways, back to part 1 and general changes. LOL

"Volo you're killing me with hype"

I'm a BIo fanboy. I learned from the best. :D :(:p

"Can't you name a guild,please"

Sure....

Red Blood Daggers - A guild for rogues, assassins, and shadowdancers. Known for their red blood armour, and their elite female fighting force who specialize in weilding dual daggers. As is suggested, often hired for duty evil deeds. No one knows where their guild is located; and they are known to kill any who oppose them no questions asked; no refunds....

"Volo you're killing me with hype"

I'm a BIo fanboy. I learned from the best. :D  :(  :p 

"Can't you name a guild,please"

Sure....

Red Blood Daggers -  A guild for rogues, assassins, and shadowdancers. Known for their red blood armour, and their elite female fighting force who specialize in weilding dual daggers.  As is suggested, often hired for duty evil deeds. No one knows where their guild is located; and they are known to kill any who oppose them no questions asked; no refunds....

Can a male join them?

Are there any guilds for Paladins :) ?

Red Blood Daggers -  A guild for rogues, assassins, and shadowdancers. Known for their red blood armour, and their elite female fighting force who specialize in weilding dual daggers.  As is suggested, often hired for duty evil deeds. No one knows where their guild is located; and they are known to kill any who oppose them no questions asked; no refunds....

Wouldn't they be easy to spot in their bright red clothes? :(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Can a male join them?"

They can join the guild; but not the 'elite force'.

"Are there any guilds for Paladins ?"

None planned; but that can change since that is still far in the future. I've only thoguht of maybe three guilds so far as they have some role to play in the first mod... Though; even if paladins end up with no guild; they'll be kept plenty busy with their church...

"Wouldn't they be easy to spot in their bright red clothes?"

Having shadow dancers on your side is always use along with special dye that limits the negatives (though them hiding does give them negatives)...

"Every god has he's temple?"

Not neccesary. Some have shrines or other places of worship.

"So we have a thief guild...the other ones being fighter and mage guilds?"

Actually, it's a Wizard's Guild and an Adventurer's Guild...

Can a male join them?

Why would you play male? :p

Are there any guilds for Paladins :) ?

Swear an oath to your church, not join a guild! (As long as they have nifty shields and armour after you add in the hak pak, I'll be happy. ... :(" )

Also I really liked the fact that Paladins had to pay a tithe to level up.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Is there a difference?"

?

"So can a Male Fighter\Wizard\Thief join any guild?"

No. The only one you can 'dual join' is the Adventurers' Guild. That one mainly gives you access to 'special shops' as well as some bonus posisble adventuers' as in 'old maps to various ruins and the like.

Also, to note, teleportation does exist in this game; but instead of as a spell it only exists in ancient scrolls thata re extremely rare... These can be very useful to those who know how to use them, and can find them....

... Also, to note, teleportation does exist in this game; but instead of as a spell it only exists in ancient scrolls thata re extremely rare... These can be very useful to those who know how to use them, and can find them....

... and read them [iNT] ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Is there a difference?"

?

Nah it hust reminded me of MW's system :)

So what's special about the Wizard's guild :( ?

Question: you'll have to multiclass to become a sorcerer,so you won't be able to join the Wizards? :p

"Nah it hust reminded me of MW's system"

Don't be comparing this to MW. That means me being mean to you. :(

"Question: you'll have to multiclass to become a sorcerer,so you won't be able to join the Wizards?"

Even worse. Wizards + Sorcerors + in same room = Only One Will Likely Leave Alive

"So what's special about the Wizard's guild ? "

Think of going up the ranks proving yourself and finally being powerful to take over the whole guild... The guilds are full fledge major 'side quests'. Think of going through several major magical tests just to prove your worthiness of said guild.

"and read them [iNT]"

Um.. They'll be written neatly... :D

Actually, think more like intelligence + lore + spellcraft.... :("

Sure, I was harking back to AD&D when you would select languages for your character to learn, the amount was proportional to the INT. So a wizard spell written in Elvish would be unintelligible to someone who only knew gnomish, for instance.

Still, I guess this is kinda covered with lore and spellcraft ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually MW's Guild System sounds good on paper...but the constant missions before you become Guild Leader are(like the hole game) boooring :)"

Yours sounds better,tho :(

Think of going up the ranks proving yourself and finally being powerful to take over the whole guild... The guilds are full fledge major 'side quests'. Think of going through several major magical tests just to prove your worthiness of said guild.

Sounds good :p

Actually MW's Guild System sounds good on paper...but the constant missions before you become Guild Leader are(like the hole game) boooring :-"

Yeah, IKWYM, I really wanted to like MW, I did. I liked the character creation, I liked the concept. I just drowned in boredom trying to play it. :rolleyes:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT