Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

"OK it's getting better and better"

Heh. Don't get too hyped up. I don't want you playing it and feeling dissapointed over a silly mod.

"2-4 hours still seems kinda short,for all of it"

yeah, the first mod is short for various reasons.

1. It'll be the first NWN module that I will actually finish. I have others that I started but didn't complete for various reasons. This one *will* be finished.

2. Many of my features don't really add to the duration a lot (or not so much) ie. henchmen other than their semi frequent dialogue, the changed spells lists, and the skill checks. They do add to the variety.

3. This is an introduction mod' to my world and its inhabitants including the dieties.

On that note, this particular mod takes palce on just 2 overland maps (along with inner maps like a temple, crypt, and the mansion) yet will have LOTS of dialogue and a number of quests. I might add another overland map if I have enough time I think. Remember, at this point I have written 40k + words *already*. Most full games if we are to listen to game devloeprs are 400k-500k words total...

On top of this, the mod - if you know where you are going and there- can be completed most likely under an hour or if you take your time over the 4 hours as there's a lot to see and interact with. The various npcs will change what they say depending on what you have done. Think: Multiple play throughs...

Like I said, this is an introcution. if it goes well, people seem to like it, and I'm happy with the result, the other parts of the series will come out at a quicker apce and will be larger because by then I'd have the experience to move things a long. I will also organize their creation much better instead of the sloppy way I've done this one. LOL

P.S. That went longer than I thought. o:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Heh. Don't get too hyped up. I don't want you playing it and feeling dissapointed over a silly mod.

Well some mods are better than the OC :-"

Does it have multiple endings?

If so how will you import your characters into the sequel o:) ?

"Well some mods are better than the OC"

True. But, they don't normally have that 'professional' touch to it that can make a mod even betetr than it is.

"Does it have multiple endings?"

I want it too; but as you mention below that makes it real hard. It's gonna be hard enough trying to get all the PC interactions with various npcs/quests to be regsitered for the second game. I might be stuck using tokens that the player can't remove to fascilate this transfer betwene mods.

Back to the endings.. I have one idea for three endings; but it would force me to basically recrate chapter 2's starting point area in three different ways. That be a nightmare... I have another way, where the player can still have the choices; but the choice gets screwed up (due to genius story idea if I do say so myself); but the weakness there is pissing off PCs who make a chocie; but see their well laid plans screwed up in the end.... But, it would still effect part 2; but in a different way...

"If so how will you import your characters into the sequel ? "

See above. o:)

"So will all the classes and the prestige classes work with this mod?"

Heh. Read the features. :-

Actually, sorcerors are not PC palyable. In this world, sorcerors are extrememly rare, and unlike the D&D version. They aren't born from dragons. They are bless by dragons with natural magic abilities.

Not all prestige classes. Some work as normal and are automaticlaly acceptable when you meet the default requirements (Arcane Archer and Dwarven Defender), some don't exist in the world (Harper Scout and Champion of Torm), and others you need to meet requirements and complete various quests in later chapters (or this one) ( Dragon Disciple and Blackguard).

"And of course it's suposed to have 4 parts which should make it even harder "

Yeah, don't remind me. o:)

"So if you help a dragon and he blesses you ...you can multiclass to a sorcerer ?'

Possible; but only the most wonderous drgaon suckeruppers would get such a blessing.

"In part 2 perhaps?"

Definitely not that early. That's a chapter 3(maybe) issue...

And, oh, I gues sshould point out a little tidbit. Though; there isn't a constant low intellect check; sometimes there is for very amusing interactions... that may sometimes lead to extra rewards as well. Yes, sometimes, the player is 'awarded' for 'low' stats.

LOL

P.S. Moderators! Topc... needs... moving to GD... Not enough NWN fans in the KOTOR2 boards... <>

So my stupid human barbarian could get a reward for not Knowing anything exept:Me Bash...me crush..me good is :- ?

Even a weak wizard can get ar eward for his low constitution?

But a low charisma reward seems strange ;) ?

Possible; but only the most wonderous drgaon suckeruppers would get such a blessing.

:D ...so both good and evil dragons give this blessings,right?

P.S. Moderators! Topc... needs... moving to GD... Not enough NWN fans in the KOTOR2 boards... <>

o:)

"So my stupid human barbarian could get a reward for not Knowing anything exept:Me Bash...me crush..me good is ?"

Even a weak wizard can get are reward for his low constitution?

But a low charisma reward seems strange ?"

The following are not actual examples from the mod; but are scenarios that illustrate how it would work:

1. A crafty wizard wants to explore an old magic school; but doens't wnat to share any found magic; but doens't care about weapons or gold.. He asks a barbabaian - espicially a dumb one - to accompany him... In this way, he gets what he wants by manipulating his 'lesser'. The PC gets a new 'henchmen (hehe, or so he thinks) while the smarter PCs are ignored.

2. A low con wizard cna be gifted con amulets so he can survive in the hot desert..

3. An ogre might actually think a low charisma is cute, or the beautiful gril might take pity on the ugly one and actually try to get to know the 'rela you' and if the low charisma plays his cards right might win her over with his charm and wit.

"...so both good and evil dragons give this blessings,right?"

Yes. But, don't expect too many "s" at the end of the word. You won't get too many chances to be 'blessed'.

"So how would a character change from lawful good to chaotic good  ? '

Lying constantly to further their 'just' ends.

Stealing from coffins, and crypts.

Mouthing off to authority.

etc. etc. etc.

If you have implemented this is a usable fashion I will be very impressed. (o:)) I have a big problem with stupid inconsistencies, like Paladins that can't attack people unless an innocent is in danger, yet can pillage tombs to their hearts content! :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow. Something moved in Volournia's capital at last. That's good cause I am a very big Neverwinter fan! Looks like that I can witness first really professional fan module! o:)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

"If you have implemented this is a usable fashion I will be very impressed. () I have a big problem with stupid inconsistencies, like Paladins that can't attack people unless an innocent is in danger, yet can pillage tombs to their hearts content!"

Lying for any reason - even if it's the most noble and pure - will at the minimum be one chaotic point. If it's for a vindictive, cruel reason; expect evil points. If it's for a good cause and not merely greed; expect good points.

And, while looting a coffin here and there may only net a chaotic point or two; do it too mcuh and you'll be seeing major chaos points being awarded to you.

"Looks like that I can witness first really professional fan module!"

LOL Professional? I think not. :D

"Does it have multiple endings?"

I want it too; but as you mention below that makes it real hard. It's gonna be hard enough trying to get all the PC interactions with various npcs/quests to be regsitered for the second game. I might be stuck using tokens that the player can't remove to fascilate this transfer betwene mods.

Back to the endings.. I have one idea for three endings; but it would force me to basically recrate chapter 2's starting point area  in three different ways. That be a nightmare... I have another way, where the player can still have the choices; but the choice gets screwed up (due to genius story idea if I do say so myself); but the weakness there is pissing off PCs who make a chocie; but see their well laid plans screwed up in the end.... But, it would still effect part 2; but in a different way...

Well, you might want to just adjust how the character starts the next module, rather than three separate places. Maybe different NPCs are invalid depending on the choices made / attributes / quests taken / etc.

Encounters with the same NPC at different parts of the game tend to reveal the depth of NPC character development, too. If you run into them and they still talk to you like you're a n00b after you've killed their mother and the dragon under the hill then it kinda destroys the suspension of disbelief ... :cool:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Well, you might want to just adjust how the character starts the next module, rather than three separate places. Maybe different NPCs are invalid depending on the choices made / attributes / quests taken / etc."

Aye, which is why I'll likely land up using tokens.

"Encounters with the same NPC at different parts of the game tend to reveal the depth of NPC character development, too. If you run into them and they still talk to you like you're a n00b after you've killed their mother and the dragon under the hill then it kinda destroys the suspension of disbelief ... "

Agreed. This will simply not be allowed to occur. if you do soemthing that effects a PC; expect them to react to it. Even as simply say talking to one family member than meeting another one shrotly after. You'll be able to tell that you just saw their relative close by...

Side Question: What do you guys think of material components for major spells?

Side Question: What do you guys think of material components for major spells?

A very useful way to manage power. I'm not so keen on somatic / vocal aspects, because I like to be prepared beforehand and not have large failure possibilities during combat. (I end up just saving before a big battle and reloading every time it fails, which just ends up being tedious. :-" )

:devil:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Could you include yourself as a secret NPC?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm thinking for spells like stoneskin, Gate (which *will* be changed* ie. if you are good you won't be gating no demon); and other spells. Priests will need holy symbols to cast certain spells like bless, blight, and the raise/ressurection type spells... Stuff like that.

"Could you include yourself as a secret NPC?"

Likely not. Maybe in the 4th aprt so i can do myself justice power wise. <>

I'd agree with that but perhaps a poll is better :-

Damn my English :">

Magical Volo is the only person I would trust for reviews. He has brains. And intelligence. And the mental capacity for thought. Magical Volo is great!

I'd say a Wizard as your class :devil:

I'd agree with that but perhaps a pole is better :)

That's okay, I'm pretty sure it's way better than my >insert appropraite foreign language here, e.g. Romanian :- <.

I'm thinking for spells like stoneskin, Gate (which *will* be changed* ie. if you are good you won't be gating no demon); and other spells. Priests will need holy symbols to cast certain spells like bless, blight, and the raise/ressurection type spells... Stuff like that.

No issue with that. Some cement dust do? :(

I would ask that the inventory management allows for stacking of the items required: I hate having thirty-six "elvenberries" that take up a slot each -- or worse, four. :devil:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"I would ask that the inventory management allows for stacking of the items required: I hate having thirty-six "elvenberries" that take up a slot each -- or worse, four."

Thing is, outside of potions,s crolls, and missleammunition; I don't think much of anything can stack in NWN...

If I use material componets; it would be for spells that are rarely used (like Gate which *might* end up being 1ce a week type spell) or spells like stoneskin which while common their material component won't be that expensive and shouldn't need to be used more than once and twice a day at most. And, a holy symbol would be reuseable.

Something else to consider: Summong spells will last 2 rounds/level so don't over etened thema nd don' rely on them so much. And, like I said, they'll be more varied and not just silly animals..