"The Sith now rule the galaxy...

Okay, now this is a line spoken by Obi-Wan towards the end of Revenge of the Sith when he goes to talk to Padme about Anakin.

My question is, since I'm not familiar with the EU...WTF????

You mean to tell me that 25,000 years BBY the Sith ruled the galaxy?? That throws the entire Star Wars timeline into question, IMO.

So, for the sake of KOTOR and continuity, DOES this mean that the Rakata and the true Sith were working together? I mean, was the Infinite Empire actually the ORIGINAL Sith Empire? Or were the true Sith actually the ones behind the Infinite Empire?

I mean, according to George Lucas himself, the Sith ruled the entire galaxy before the formation of the Republic based on what we are finding out from ROTS. I thought that the Sith were a primitive warrior-like race that lived on Korriban unknown to the galaxy until the original exiled Jedi stumbled onto them well after the Republic was established.

The Sith Empire was forged by the Sith Lords, who were the Dark Jedi that set themselves up as gods amongst the native Sith.

The Jedi had no idea what a Sith even was until Naga Sadow and the Great Hyperspace War. Am I wrong on that?

I think Lucas just pulled another one of his re-writing the timeline the way he sees fit kind of things. Which is cool and all, its his universe, but damn, that really screws up the timeline and just about everything else that has been written.

Unless I'm reading this wrong.

The movies have holes. EU has holes. KoTOR 1,2 have holes. Whatever Lucas says is the truth. It's his universe. If he turn around and decides that Luke is a redheaded blue-skinned women with a peg leg and a lightsaber arm, then it shall be so, and damn our childhood memories.

Okay, now this is a line spoken by Obi-Wan towards the end of Revenge of the Sith when he goes to talk to Padme about Anakin.

My question is, since I'm not familiar with the EU...WTF????

You mean to tell me that 25,000 years BBY the Sith ruled the galaxy?? That throws the entire Star Wars timeline into question, IMO.

So, for the sake of KOTOR and continuity, DOES this mean that the Rakata and the true Sith were working together?  I mean, was the Infinite Empire actually the ORIGINAL Sith Empire? Or were the true Sith actually the ones behind the Infinite Empire?

I mean, according to George Lucas himself, the Sith ruled the entire galaxy before the formation of the Republic based on what we are finding out from ROTS.  I thought that the Sith were a primitive warrior-like race that lived on Korriban unknown to the galaxy until the original exiled Jedi stumbled onto them well after the Republic was established.

The Sith Empire was forged by the Sith Lords, who were the Dark Jedi that set themselves up as gods amongst the native Sith.

The Jedi had no idea what a Sith even was until Naga Sadow and the Great Hyperspace War.  Am I wrong on that?

I think Lucas just pulled another one of his re-writing the timeline the way he sees fit kind of things.  Which is cool and all, its his universe, but damn, that really screws up the timeline and just about everything else that has been written.

Unless I'm reading this wrong.

Lucas has been saying ever since releasing the title, "the Sith want revenge because they used to rule the galaxy and the Jedi overthrew them".

And actually, you'll be aware of what Palpatine says in AotC:

"I will not let *this* Republic which has stood for a *thousand years* (not 25 thousand years) be split in two"

and also what one of the queen's advisors says in AotC, "there hasn't been a full scale war since the formation of the Republic"

Why do you think Bioware were just allowed to use the "Darth" title wily-nilly? Do you think they didn't *know* about Darth Bane supposedly being the first Darth? Nope, just didn't care, because they knew Lucas had thrown the Jedi vs Sith comics onto the Canonical trash-heap and I'm sure they were given a heads up on the whole new "background to the galaxy".

Therefore I'm predicting KotOR 3 ends with the True Sith overthrowing the Republic and ruling the galaxy, whether your PC is light or dark - then 1,000 years before the Phantom Menace, the Jedi rise up again and beat the Sith (who are also infighting quite a lot), thinking they've wiped them out. Darth Bane (someone CALLED Darth Bane, not the same Darth Bane from the comics... after all, Lucas did invent the name... even tho it's pretty simple) survives and reinvents the Order.

The Republic is re-established and the Jedi are reinstated as its protectors.

Thus this fits the critera of Palpatine saying "this republic that has stood for a thousand years" (technically it has)

And also fits in with Obi-Wan saying "for over a thousand GENERATIONS the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic" - since they were then they went through a few millenia of being surpressed by the Sith before they overthrew them finally.

It makes sense that the Jedi see the Republic as something that has existed for many more millenia than the politicians do. They would see the Republic as the very spirit of democracy in the hearts of the people, that refused to die even when the Sith had conquered all and rose up again.

The politicians see it more simply: a great Republic fell - then they established another Republic, and they'll count its founding from that day, as opposed from 25, millenia ago.

The Rakata weren't associated w/ the True Sith Empire AT ALL! HOLY COW, MAN!

The Rakata RULED the Sith Species, but (for all intents and purposes) the Sith invented a disease that aided in the destruction of the Infinite Empire.

The Sith Empire was founded NEARLY 10,000 YEAR LATER!

Please do a search and pull up my topic on the Ancient Sith. It explains and corrects much of the ignorance people are showing these days.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Oh, and the whole 'as they did before the Rep..." thing is because in the Trilogy the Republic is considered to be the thing that Darth Bane was in 1000 years before the movie. The Republic was essentially wiped out at that time, and it was refounded and fixed up, which also explains Palpatine's 1000 year Republic 'error'. People forget the cowardly order that called themselves Sith 1000 years before the movies.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

The Rakata weren't associated w/ the True Sith Empire AT ALL! HOLY COW, MAN!

The Rakata RULED the Sith Species, but (for all intents and purposes) the Sith invented a disease that aided in the destruction of the Infinite Empire.

The Sith Empire was founded NEARLY 10,000 YEAR LATER!

Please do a search and pull up my topic on the Ancient Sith. It explains and corrects much of the ignorance people are showing these days.

Said it before, but according to the Official Star Wars fact file, the Sith Empire was in existance before the arrival of the first Dark Jedi - the Rakatan Empire had authority over the *Sith Empire*, which in turn outdated the founding of the Republic by 75,000 years - and therefore outdated even their oppressors.

It certainly wasn't the "big badass evil empire with the Dark Lords of the Sith" that we would come to know. But it was "the Sith Empire"... just minus the Lords of the Sith (since the Sith were the Lords of themselves...)

I mean, it might be wrong - but the file is *very* comprehensive... so I'm doubting it's wrong.

Where did you get that? I can believe that the Sith Species had an 'empire' of sorts, but it was likely consigned to very few worlds, because at that time they were too primitive, and even when the Lords came Space Travel was strange to them.

I don't think your dates are right...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

There's no continuity error. The Sith rule the galaxy some time between 3000 years to 2000 years before TPM. Then the New Sith Wars start, and the Jedi overthrow them.

The republic was shattered, as was the order, and both were rebuilt.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I see that *fact* a lot on these boards, what is the original source material that supports this theory? especially pertaining to the sith creating the disease that wiped out the Rakata.

I see that *fact* a lot on these boards, what is the original source material that supports this theory?

There is no such thing. It is the product of hyperactive imaginations.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

There's no continuity error. The Sith rule the galaxy some time between 3000 years to 2000 years before TPM. Then the New Sith Wars start, and the Jedi overthrow them.

Continuity? That was just a joke perpetrated by the Lucas youth to draw in all the super anal star wars fans. Didn't you get the secret message contained in the 3rd book of the Black Fleet Crisis page 64 1st paragraph?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

NOTHING about Star Wars makes sense, its idiotic to argue about it. For instance:

..the Sith is the result of a rogue Jedi dissident from the order. Two thousand years ago

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organizat...sith/index.html

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I see that *fact* a lot on these boards, what is the original source material that supports this theory? especially pertaining to the sith creating the disease that wiped out the Rakata.

Well, the computer on the Rakata world says that the disease was likely created by a rebellious Slave Species, and the Sith Species (even without the Dark Lords) were master alchemists. I simply did an addition problem (2+2 is almost equal to fish), and came up with that. It's just a theory, but all evidence suggests so.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Its fair enough if YOU think that but it doesnt mean you arrived at the correct conclusion nor does it mean going round and stating it as fact.

Kaftan i don't see anything wrong with the database entry - it mentions "this *current* incarnation of the sith" implying there have been incarnataions prior.

I said "for all intents and purposes". So, as far as Kotor I suggests, the Sith DID invent the disease. I never tried to pass it off as a fact. Do a search for those words, and you will find that wherever I state this, I say that it is ONLY a possibility (albeit a quite strong one).

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I have said it as such on all the other places I post the theory, but I'm getting lazy...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

This is roughly how it was. Can't go fully into details of if the Republic and Order were completely destroyed, but at least the Sith were pretty much running the show at period around 2000-1000 BBY until they started fighting eath other too much and the Jedi beat them.

Source: The Dark Side Sourcebook.

SODOFF Steam group.