Droid Factory

ARGH! Reading this makes me cry... I've always loved the HK-47... he's just sooo lovable ;) When getting the clues in game for this mission, I was like oh yeah... this is going to be fun! Hk-47 vs hk-50.... and then ... nothing... :angry: :(

I would like to set a few things straight

1. I got this from my COMPUTER GAME I don't now or have I ever had an X-Box the whole point of this post was for people, who don't have an X-box, to get to read this great diologe

and 2. I posted this because I love KOTOR I or II and would love to see some of the cut-stuff restored

I don't mean to be blunt but there it is :D

Oh and the soundfiles for the COMPUTER version is in the streme-voice folder under folder number 298 but you need miles sond tools to play them

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Is that all there is? I would like to read more, caus I'm too lazy to dig up everything else... :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I'll look for more later

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

Query: Am I wrong to understand that it is only the PC-version of KotOR2 has been "cut" to make the deadline and not the XBox-version or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks for the excerpt from the HK-Droid plant, though :-

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Query: Am I wrong to understand that it is only the PC-version of KotOR2 has been "cut" to make the deadline and not the XBox-version or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks for the excerpt from the HK-Droid plant, though :-

I think the stuff was there on the xbox version but gone on the pc version, as for why, who knows? But you can download a savegame that includes it..

Thanks for the excerpt from the HK-Droid plant, though :p

I think the stuff was there on the xbox version but gone on the pc version, as for why, who knows? But you can download a savegame that includes it..

Hmm... you would've thought they would just convert XBox -> PC and keep everything intact. Why cutting most of the fun parts out of the game for the PC-version is a mystery to me...

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Ah, you mean like so. I understand now.

Well, poop.

I suppose wishing for an "Unlocker" from Obsidian is too much to ask? Yeah, I thought so. :p

No but the files can be extracted from the XBox version.

I played the factory on PC.

Umm, sorry to sound like a n00b, but how did you play it? :">

But you can download a savegame that includes it..

I have yet to find that savegame, though.

The area models were left in the PC version. You don't need the savegame on the PC version as you can use the warp code. You only need to the module files. The only thing that was removed for the PC version release were the .ifo, .are and .git files for the area (roughly the files that ontian the area properties and tie up everything together)

I just decompressed both folders 298 and 299, the Telos Droid Factory dialog folders. And let me tell you, it's pretty damn cool. Aparently, what happens is HK-47 finds a maintenance droid and has it modify his programing so he can dispatch the HK-50. Then he modifies the programing for the new HK-51's in such a way that they will obey HK-47 and will also destroy the HK-50 droids. It's really quite interesting, if you haven't explored folder 299. Also, there is some dialog from the droid training. There's some translation training, interogation traing (both giving and receiving). It's a shame it was all cut. Makes me furious. I don't know if I can bring myself to purchase KotOR 3, if it ever comes out. To be honest, I think KotOR 2 was it: the end. I really don't think that they're going to make KotOR 3, I mean what with all of this cut content and all of the disappointed fans. They probably anticipate going through the same **** if they did another one: cutting out alot of important, in an attempt to make the game "better."

I don't want to do the Droid Factory stuff like this incase they do actually put it in the game. :D I don't want to be spoiled. :thumbsup: I think there will be a KotOR 3. The Knights of the Old Republic games are a favourite of LucasArts. It's one of their flag ship series. :D

No this would have been located at the under level of the Telos military installation

Oh, I understand so much now....

I just fiddled around with the sound files and came across some very interesting unused conversations between Atris and Kreia, which explains where the HK-50 factory came from - Revan had it built.

Basically, Atris mentions how Telos was always supposed to be a sanctuary for the Jedi to retreat to in case the enclave on Dantooine was attacked by the Sith.

However, Revan (as a dark lord) knew that and therefore had Telos destroyed (by Saul - won't Carth be furious if he ever finds out?) as a warning to the Jedi that there would be retreat and no escape from him (though, of course, Atris did finally retreat here after the destruction).

At the end of the conversation Kreia mentions that she would not be surprised if Revan had left other surprises under the surface of Telos, since burying something beneath a graveyard is a good hiding place, which seems to be a very clear reference to the HK-50 factory. It even makes sense, since Revan had already built HK-47 at the time and then set up the factory to create yet more of these units from the original schematics.

If you want to listen to the conversation, it is in the game folder under /streamvoice/262/KREATRIS/ - begin with the 262KREATRIS040.wav file and then play the rest of the files (to 262KREATRIS047.wav). It sheds rather a lot of light on the whole thing.

Wait a minute... that doesn't make sense. It was Malak who ordered Saul to attack Telos wasn't it? In KOTOR I after you realize you're actually Revan, there's that big conference meeting of all the characters and Carth tries to blame you for Telos. Then Canderous pipes in and says that "everyone knows that it was Malak who attacked Telos" and thus absolves Revan of that crime.

Maybe that's why they took that bit of dialogue out... it wasn't consistent with the original game's explanation of events.