Droid Factory

I have already played on the HK Factory (With the missing modules) However its incomplete, there is no way to get there (You must cheat when you are on the Military Base) and then there is a lot of things that need to be removed (Dialogs, remove the Developer notes), also there is no way to "end" the quest in the factory, all you do is terminate some HK-50 units, stop the production, see some HK-50 units training (that part was great). You also download HK-50 units schematics and behavior cores along with HK-51 units.

Well, gee. How hard would it have been for Revan to tell Malak to order Saul to bombard Telos? I mean, how the hell would anyone have known for sure who ordered the attack in the first place? Was it on the news?

(A women with a British accent reads): "This morning, at 9:45, Galactic Standard Time, Darth Malak ordered Admiral Saul Karath of the Sith Military Fleet, to lay waste to the surface of the planet Telos. Experts say that causalties should climb to 375 Billion within the hour. Neither Malak, nor Admiral Karath were available for comment."

Seriously, how does anyone find this stuff out? "Yeah, I was THERE when Malak order Saul to attack Telos. I heard it first hand!" At least, that's the only way anyone would know for sure because it's not like sh*t like that is broadcasted throughout the galaxy.

Well, gee. How hard would it have been for Revan to tell Malak to order Saul to bombard Telos? I mean, how the hell would anyone have known for sure who ordered the attack in the first place? Was it on the news?

(A women with a British accent reads): "This morning, at 9:45, Galactic Standard Time, Darth Malak ordered Admiral Saul Karath of the Sith Military Fleet, to lay waste to the surface of the planet Telos. Experts say that causalties should climb to 375 Billion within the hour. Neither Malak, nor Admiral Karath were available for comment."

Seriously, how does anyone find this stuff out? "Yeah, I was THERE when Malak order Saul to attack Telos. I heard it first hand!" At least, that's the only way anyone would know for sure because it's not like sh*t like that is broadcasted throughout the galaxy.

Deserters and witnesses who are willing to tell the Holonet. Plus off duty sith officers in a Cantina.

LOL

Seriously though, Kreia merely muses that Revan chose Telos as a target to send the Jedi a message. It's all conjecture on her part, and given highly we know her to think of Revan, it does sort of make sense that she would automatically assume that Revan ordered Telos destroyed for specific strategic reasons rather than Malak ordering Saul Karath to do just to prove his loyalty to the Sith - the latter is the sort of overkill that Kreia hates and fails to understand, so she might dismiss it on that basis. And naturally that still doesn't prevent Revan from building the HK facility under Telos's surface once it's destroyed anyway. It was actually a pretty smart thing to do (at the time...).

Deserters and witnesses who are willing to tell the Holonet. Plus off duty sith officers in a Cantina.

I guess this was the real world, those would be called "rumors." Nothing is set in stone. "People" also thought that Revan was dead. I have no idea what Revan's intentions were, but he could have "laundered" the orders to Saul Karath. Saul Karath answered to both Revan and Malak and Malak, of course, answers only to Revan. It's entirely possible that Revan wasn't constantly in the presence of Sith Officers and the like. Revan most likely didn't want to take the blame for Telos' destruction so, considering that bombing Telos held some kind of importance, held a private meeting Malak, and or Admiral Karath. And God's sake, let's be honest here, do you guys really think that Malak would order Saul Karath to bomb Telos without Revan's consent? Revan wasn't an idiot brute who wanted to lay waste to everything in sight, like Malak. Probably, all Revan had to do was suggest that Telos be destroyed and Malak was just overjoyed, like-kid-in-a-candystore.

Malak: *jumping up and down* Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Oh, boy! My first bombing! I get to give to order to lay waste to REAL planet, with people on it!!! Yay, death and destruction!!!

I guess this was the real world, those would be called "rumors." Nothing is set in stone. "People" also thought that Revan was dead. I have no idea what Revan's intentions were, but he could have "laundered" the orders to Saul Karath. Saul Karath answered to both Revan and Malak and Malak, of course, answers only to Revan. It's entirely possible that Revan wasn't constantly in the presence of Sith Officers and the like. Revan most likely didn't want to take the blame for Telos' destruction so, considering that bombing Telos held some kind of importance, held a private meeting Malak, and or Admiral Karath. And God's sake, let's be honest here, do you guys really think that Malak would order Saul Karath to bomb Telos without Revan's consent? Revan wasn't an idiot brute who wanted to lay waste to everything in sight, like Malak. Probably, all Revan had to do was suggest that Telos be destroyed and Malak was just overjoyed, like-kid-in-a-candystore.

Malak: *jumping up and down* Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Oh, boy! My first bombing! I get to give to order to lay waste to REAL planet, with people on it!!! Yay, death and destruction!!!

Actually in the first game the only reson that Carth didn't shoot the main character full of holes was because Juhani said "You know that Malak is the one who destroyed Telos not Revan" after Malak assaulted Revans ship, I think he turned and blew Telos to bits now this dosn't add up because why did Malak destroy the planet if Revan wanted those Droids dispersed around the Republic forces, this might be one of the resons they cut the Droid Factory from the story line.

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Actually in the first game the only reson that Carth didn't shoot the main character full of holes was because Juhani said "You know that Malak is the one who destroyed Telos not Revan" after Malak assaulted Revans ship, I think he turned and blew Telos to bits now this dosn't add up because why did Malak destroy the planet if Revan wanted those Droids dispersed around the Republic forces, this might be one of the resons they cut the Droid Factory from the story line.

it was canderous that said "Malak bombed Telos."

Also, you're not very convincing, saying that you think he (Malak) turned and blew Telos to hell only after he "killed" Revan. I'm sure that's how it went:

Malak: "Ha, hahahahaha! Now that Revan is dead I can finally bomb Telos! Admiral Karath, wipe that pathetic planet from the face of the galaxy!"

Yes, yes, yes! That's it! They cut the entire droid factory, something they worked their asses off to make (even as a small part of the game) because they couldn't write up a 15 second in-game explanation by one of the HK-50s, that Revan told Malak, in secret, that he wanted Telos destroyed. Not likely, but it never hurts to brainstorm.

My view is this:

Malak was so wrapped up in destroying his enemies. He couldn't see the subtle machinations that Revan had put in place. The bombing of Telos happened before Revan was "killed" from my understanding of it, but instead of Revan showing his hand to Malak he or she kept quiet about it because he or she knew that the Droid factory was still intact and any damage done to it would be repaired by the HK-50s. Revan channeled Malak's destructive urgings by making sure certain planets were destroyed while at the same time distract Malak from destroying worlds that Revan will need later.

Of course that plan goes down the drain when Malak, sick and tired of being controlled and held back, attack Revan's ship and the Jedi capturing him/her. During this whole time the droid factory was rebuilding any damage that occurred and making HK-50s so they can follow Revan's directives.

Harvey

The way I see it there are two possibilites

1: Malak, like everything else to Revan, was a tool and the Dark Lord never bothered to tell him everything. remember people DARTH Revan was a BAD GUY! :-

Or 2: Malak was a psychotic power-hungry moron who never paid attention to anything Revan said and wanted to control anything that Revan or anyone else had made and if he couldn't control it he would destroy it. You be the judge

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

I'd be more prone to believing the second option of Malak being a psychotic-power hungry moron(i was gonna use maniac but it all works the same). This does make sense though given that he was willing to kill an entire planet just to eliminate one person(Bastila). This could also be applied to the thought that the HK units threatened his position with Revan so before he waited for them to become operational he *supposedly* destroyed teh facility. Instead of waiting to be betrayed by his master when he gained too much power he decided to remove an obstacle before it became a hazard.

you know, that actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, I'm still inclined to believe that Revan wanted his orders for Admiral Karath to bombard Telos to come from Malak, in order to avoid blame, possibly, but what you said is also a possibility. Rather than going to the droid factory to reprogram the droids to do his bidding (which would make way too much sense to a f*cking idiot like him) Malak bombed Telos in an attempt to destroy the underground[/u] military base and droid factory. I repeat: Underground. No one ever said Malak was smart.

What Can I Say I'm A Genius :lol:

• 2 months later...

I know its stupid to post this in you're own post :"> but I think that this and other 'cut content' stuff should be sticked, that way new people have to be chastised when they ask a question about stuff that is already posted.

wait, your saying the xbox users can play the droid factory?!i have an xbox and every time i go through that military base i cant go to the sublevel,will someone anyone please helpme out and tell me how to get to the sublevel that leads to the factory?????!!!!!!!!!!

wait, your saying the xbox users can play the droid factory?!i have an xbox and every time i go through that military base i cant go to the sublevel,will someone anyone please helpme out and tell me how to get to the sublevel that leads to the factory?????!!!!!!!!!!

it is my understanding that this is possible but only if you have a modded Xbox.

modding your Xbox voids the warranty.

it is my understanding that this is possible but only if you have a modded Xbox.

modding your Xbox voids the warranty.

what do you mean voids the warranty and i dont know how to mod my xbox?

I think it is important to not just assume that all of the cut content ended up on the cutting room floor due to time constraints.

The devs have said in official interviews that Droid World was cut due to time constraints from the publisher. However, I think it is important not to just assume that all the cut content was cut for that reason.

Take, for instance, the bit about Atton getting an arm lopped off and then, later, dying on Malachor. That was probably an Obsidian (think PST) idea. While Obsidian wrote the story, LA maintained creative control over the project...certain thinks were cut probably for aesthetic reasons from LA.

Also, the HK factory quest seems like it was almost complete. I think they took that out to add to the suspense of the cliffhanger. At some point, they decided they did not want TSL to resolve anything related to the Revan saga...HK factory would have wrapped up too much.

Yes and we have to remember Obsidian's official statement is that it was cut intentionally. It was not cut due to time restraints. It's like in a movie where the some stuff gets cut because it's uninteresting and/or unimportant to the overall story. This is coming directly from them and I don't believe they'd lie to us.

Yes and we have to remember Obsidian's official statement is that it was cut intentionally.  It was not cut due to time restraints.  It's like in a movie where the some stuff gets cut because it's uninteresting and/or unimportant to the overall story.  This is coming directly from them and I don't believe they'd lie to us.

They would. They are under contract with Lucasarts. Their official statements can only state what lucasarts wants them to say until the time that the contract expires. Otherwise they get sued for breach of contract.

Yes and we have to remember Obsidian's official statement is that it was cut intentionally.  It was not cut due to time restraints.  It's like in a movie where the some stuff gets cut because it's uninteresting and/or unimportant to the overall story.  This is coming directly from them and I don't believe they'd lie to us.

They would. They are under contract with Lucasarts. Their official statements can only state what lucasarts wants them to say until the time that the contract expires. Otherwise they get sued for breach of contract.

Is that "lying" or "representing their client"? I've never heard of a lawyer being sued for perjury ..! :p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

If that is true than why did they leave the HK-50 units in the game and why did they leave the military sub-level? what do they think we're stupid or something <_<

But after the contract expires they can say whatever they want?

If that is true than how are they going to get ahold of the HK comunticator/tracking device the Exile had? ;)