KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

new force powers idea (this is also adding on to my idea to have better animations when using force powers and fighting)

DS power

force throw: you can choose an object in the environment (canister, footlocker, bag, etc.) and force throw it at an opponent.

force strike: you can choose 3 objects in the environment to throw at an opponent simultaneously and they can be stunned.

force bombardment: you can choose up to 5 objects to throw at an opponent or 2 life forms to throw at them, rendering all the life forms stunned.

get rid of the whole force kill power and...

DS power

force choke: the opponent is raised off his feet into the air and is choked for a few seconds.

force crush: 2 opponents are raised into the air and are dealt a lot of damage (just like in kotor 2)

force destruction: 3 or 4 opponents are raised into the air, force crushed, and then flown across the room into walls rendering them unconscious (if not already dead).

adding to my force resist/immunity idea:

LS power

i said before in another post how if a dark jedi uses force lightning on your character and force immunity is activated either your lightsaber will catch it, you absorb it with your hand, or you'll absorb it and shoot it back...

if force throw is used against your character and you have force immunity activated you can throw the objects to the side (resist) or throw them back at your opponent (immunity) (yoda and dooku in episode 2) i think force resist/immunity should only be available to light side characters.

This game has not been marked by the Nuke. It's time it was.

Planets:

Coruscant: Senate, Jedi Temple

Mandalore: Capital city of Keldabe

3 new or new Unknown region planets

Alderaan

Yavin 4: City of the Jedi, Kun/Sadow temples

Cinnagar or Hapes

Party Members:

Jolee Bindo

Bastila Shan

T3-M4

HK-47(with remote)

Dustile Onasi

A Falleen

A Bothan

Mira

Non-Party Members/Returning characters

Admiral Carth Onasi

Lord Mandalore

Cassus Fett

Admiral Dodonna

Zaalbar and Mission

Handmaiden

Visas Marr

Force Ghost Kreia

An appearance from a TOTJ Jedi: Vima Sunrider for example

Species

Falleen

Bothan

Caamasi

Mandallians

Togorians

Fieorin

Other Notes

A flexed out influence system that allows for influence regardless of alignment.

Epic conclusion to this STar Wars story, and a great FINISHED ending. A feeling of accomplishment to another era in the Star Wars universe.

A respect for continuity. Research closely

A black crystaled lightsaber and light whips(personal preference of mine)

The where abouts of the MX. A weapon Mandalore the Indomitable looted from Coruscant during the Great Sith War. The weapon was never seen again in the story, but perhaps if your looking for close tie ins to TOTJ this would be one. Perhaps the Mandalorians still have it.

Nice tie in to the movies, though nothing over the top

Better maps and quest placement

More quest

KOTOR 2 must be completed

I don't know about a complete story, but I had a cool idea for the climax in K3.

The Exile and Revan board the Sith Flagship to fight the ultimate-power Sith Lord guy. After they defeat him (btw there's a huge space battle going on outside between the Republic and the Sith), Revan looks out the window on the Bridge and sees the Republic flagship that Bastilla was on get destroyed (Or, she could be using her battle meditation onboard, and a Sith strike team is sent to assassinate her, a la the same type of thing used against Revan pre-K1). During the whole game, Revan could be struggling with the lure of the dark side (Seeing Bastilla's ship destroyed, or feeling her assassination could trigger the anger that sends him over the edge). As the Exile is looking down at the Sith Lord's body, Revan is still looking out at the battle, and we see a sneer come across his face. All of a sudden, he spins around, his lightsaber (which could have been blue in K3) shines a bright red and he lunges at the Exile. You now take control over the Exile and fight against Revan to the death.

I just thought Revan betraying the Exile would be cool....Or the Exile could turn on Revan. You can choose which one, depending on which character you least like is that character that tried to betray you at the end.

Speaking of Betrayal, Did anybody notice that Darth "Traya" is part of the word "beTRAYAl"?

Kreia did sorta betray you at the end of K2, and I assume that was just a lazy idea from Obsidian to name her that.

Well that's my idea for a cool ending for K3

Visas and Bao-Dur should also do cool stuff in K3, since they were my favorites in K2

(Does anybody think that Kreia could have lied to you at the end of K2 when she was telling you the future?)

Another thing that came to mind, a purely cosmetic idea for KoToR, is about the fighting styles, and changing them as you get different feats. Such as dual-Wield, Duel, and weapon specs.

Quite simply, default would look mundane as it does now. When you get weapon spec, the attacks should look quicker.

When you start off dual-wielding with no feats, it should look akward and inefficient. When you get more and more dualwielding feats it, it should look smoother, quicker, and the strikes should use more finesse.

When you get Duel feats, the fighting would look more like someone taking specific, well aim pot-shots, aiming with both hands at once and such. And in the case of melee, the attacks should look more and more conservative and to the point. Such as the fighters taking a fencing pose and attacks.

When you get weapon finesse, also, attacks should look more fluid. Maybe mixing Tai-Chi movements with all attacks.

My idea behind this is that as you build up each character, they all will have unique movements in a fight. If they are using rank 2 power attack with dueling and finesse, it should look completely different then someone using power attack 3 without finesse and dual-wield.

Hi Gabriel172 here. My idea for KOTOR 3 is as follows

The game should be like the movies and end on a big note.

For the game's story it should have a new character and start out in the Jedi temple as a new student (like fable) and quickly fast forward to the point of your character's position changes from jedi apprentice to jedi knight with a mission to find Revan and the Exile.

Along the way your character meets with some characters from the first two KOTORs to piece together facts about the two characters and forms a party of their own.

Mean While the Sith plan to destroy the republic (no surprise there) by working from the inside with well placed agents slowly killing or coverting officals and jedi alike.

With the help from the characters from the first two games your Character finds Revan and the Exile on some unknown world captured by the sith. Once freed they join your character and head home only to be chased by sith fighters and a sith cruiser.

After you lose the sith your Characters head for the jedi academy on dantoonie

to find only a hand full of jedi escaped death.

The Sith gather strength for the final battle against the jedi while your Characters head for yavin 4 to stop the sith once and for all.

I think ending should be as this.

Carth leads the space battle while the rest lead three groups to the planet surface

revan leads the team from KOTOR 1, the Exile leads the team from KOTOR 2 and your new Main Character lead the team from this game.

Once all teams have made safely into the sith temple a final battle between the new sith lord and the three heroes starts and Revan and the Exile fight the Sith lord, the Exile is quickly thrown down and is about to die when Revan steps in front of the blade taking the hit, this act inrages the Exile who fight with all his heart but is cut down like Revan leaving it all up to your Character to stop the sith lord.

LS side:

you stop the sith by killing the sith lord and return home end of game.

DS side:

you join the sith lord only to kill them and take the title of sith for yourself end of game.

for the game features I guess:

3rd person view

100+ hours (not the short version like the last two please)

more character creation

real-time combat not turn-based

and more group interaction (like love-story between the character and some male/female group member).

thats it hope you all agree. :thumbsup:

some of these ideas sound great, and in fact some of you guys have come up with similar ideas to mine. Boy are we going to be dissappointed if Obsidian doesn't listen to any of our ideas :lol:"

Anyway I've been thinking that while wielding lightsabers single, dual or double-ended, I think we need a new type of fighting style and i know this sounds far-fetched (not that Star Wars isnt...) but how bout wielding two double-ended lightsabers, one in each hand - and if Revan is as powerful in the force as they say well he shouldnt have much trouble. Undoubtedly the animation is going to be a hell of a thing to do, good luck to developers on that.

It is definitely not my place to speak on behalf of Obsidian, so please keep that proviso in mind. As well, the gaming industry is a complex beast that - like all of our institutions - sometimes does not allow the cream to filter to the top. Some of the ideas in here are great and they may very well be considered worthwhile, but whether they translate into being incorporated into the design cycle and final implementation is never guaranteed. So I would be sad if people dismissed designers for not listening simply because there is not translation from a specific idea into reality. I remember with BG 2 - the greatest compliment I have ever seen from a design house - they released some of the in-game Q&A characters/screenshots and some of the board members themselves were named as the designers

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Well I have noticed that SOME organizations don't even look at story line ideas. That's why I never make story line ideas, but instead make a list of things that I want to see, and stuff that I feel will makes things interesting. I see KOTOR 3 as the conclusion, and therefore I make Ideas that go along with a conclusion. I see important planets like Coruscant being put into the games, and returning characters people love like Jolee return. I see great new roles for Mandalore, thus I believe he's better off now as a non-party member, or how about actually seeing Cassus Fett. I can't just put down planets like, Ilum or Rhen Var, because to me they don't have any kind of importance or enough to do.

I mean who doesn't want to see the home of the Mandalorians?

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Hi everybody, first of all I want to say Kotor 2 is wonderfull!!!!!

And then, I see the sequel of Kotor being a marvellous RPG game, having full personalization of character (body, hair, skin, etc..), multiple endings, starting both from Sith and Jedi side. Envolving Revan, for sure. With real time fighting (no rounds!!!!!!). Giving character the skills of climbing, crowling and swimming (maybe), so that you can really use the 3d environment. Anyway I'd like to see it out soon!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Another thing: the character should be not only human!!!! Maybe a Zabrak choice would be appreciated.

it's hard to come up with my own suggestion when most of the stuff i was going to say has already been written down (great minds think alike, right?).

one small thing i would like to see in kotor 3 is for people to holster their weapons (i.e. put a blaster in it's holster, hook a lightsaber onto your belt). i know, sounds weird, but it got kind of annoying seeing carth or atton running around with their guns in hand. of course you couldn't holster a blaster rifle, though. maybe put it on your back. :D

i think it would be cool to have two or three different story lines going on at once, and have them all intertwine somehow, ending in a gigantic space and land battle (not to mention a lightsaber dual).

of course we need to go to coruscant in the next game, whether it be in the the beginning, middle, or end (mm... space battle above the city planet a la star wars episode 3 :lol: )

i would like some more choices to who you could have in your party. also mentioned in another post i thought it was cool the idea about dropping your party members off somewhere and leaving them there 'til you needed them.

well, that's my two cents.

I was sitting in my room and wandering what might have been If Obsidian Ent. created new fight system. Then I was wandering how would this system work. And I will share with you my ideas.

This system is very simple - all the attacks Flurry , Power attack etc. animations will depend on your enemy's armor and so If your enemy is wearing light armor your attack (meele waepon) might be strong and brutal (if you with It may also depends on charcaters Strength and/or Dexterity) and when your enemy is wearing heavy armor then attacks may be more precise and aimed in cricital points on the body. And another innovation may be finish move when your rolls will be enough to make a cricital hit and it's damage may kill your enemy then special kill animation will appear (without blood of course).

Hooded Jedi robes might be very useful because hooded Jedi like Kreia looks more misterious and powerful to me and I bet to other gamers.

Next thing is special feat (don't know how to name it maybe Suprise attack?) It will give meele fighting Jedi Watchman / Sith Assasin and Scroundel (sp?) sneak attack without being invisble. For example jump over enemy and stab him with lightsaber or vibroblade when turned back to him. And a last thing in game cut scenes animation. When Mira is striping space suit in Jekk Jekk Tar there is only quick animation and it's all. Maybe she can slowly remove helmet then torso? Kind better huh? And handmaiden when she's putting hers mother's robes - this same slowly taking it from a backpack and put it on. Weapon presentation may be changed in Kotor III. So many Ideas and only one game. If somebody agree with it just tell the Obsidian maybe theu will try to make Kotor even better.

I hope so! :blink:

How about KOTOR 3 being a Prince of Persia style game? I love RPGs but I think its been done. KOTOR 2 was nowhere near as good as no.1 and I feel the chance of no.3 being worse is just too depressing. Who knows this idea is probably best for a separate Star Wars games.

Well that's subjective. I thought KOTOR2 was just as awesome as the first KOTOR. The mysterious, darker storyline was awesome. It's just a few things that were cut that hold it back slightly. Awesome game, though.

I can't wait for a KOTOR 3. What I'd like to see is the Exile and Reven in the third game, as non-player characters. Maybe during character creation you could also choose what Reven looked like and what the Exile looked like. You could have a couple of voice packs. The player could choose what they sounded like. Although I'd like it to be connected to the first and second game, it also should have it's own story (obviously) - sort of how KOTOR 2 linked to KOTOR 1, but was still a very different storyline.

I'd like to see more of the Master/Apprentice type dynamic. Training Party Members. Maybe this could be elaborated upon further, going into more detail. Could be linked to a more advanced version of the influence system. Maybe you could start with a master with the PC being the padawan learner? Who knows. I'd like to see something original and innovative with a story as well written as the first two games.

I can't wait for KOTOR 3. :D

Well that's subjective. I thought KOTOR2 was just as awesome as the first KOTOR. The mysterious, darker storyline was awesome. It's just a few things that were cut that hold it back slightly. Awesome game, though.

I can't wait for a KOTOR 3. What I'd like to see is the Exile and Reven in the third game, as non-player characters. Maybe during character creation you could also choose what Reven looked like and what the Exile looked like. You could have a couple of voice packs. The player could choose what they sounded like. Although I'd like it to be connected to the first and second game, it also should have it's own story (obviously) - sort of how KOTOR 2 linked to KOTOR 1, but was still a very different storyline.

I'd like to see more of the Master/Apprentice type dynamic. Training Party Members. Maybe this could be elaborated upon further, going into more detail. Could be linked to a more advanced version of the influence system. Maybe you could start with a master with the PC being the padawan learner? Who knows. I'd like to see something original and innovative with a story as well written as the first two games.

I can't wait for KOTOR 3. :D

dude, that would be awesome. :D

enemies that are equal to the PC.

Revan as a PC.

If he is a returning PC, keeping a low profile by developing an alter ego(scoundrel, Scout, Solider) for the story line and an excuse for a returning low level Revan.

A healthy balance of Kotor 1 and 2 in Feats Storyline and gameplay.

I do really like the Implant Feat of Kotor 1.

enemies that are equal to the PC.

Revan as a PC.

If he is a returning PC, keeping a low profile by developing an alter ego(scoundrel, Scout, Solider) for the story line and an excuse for a returning low level Revan.

A healthy balance of Kotor 1 and 2 in Feats  Storyline and gameplay.

I do really like the Implant Feat of Kotor 1.

i agree and bring bastila/carth with revan contiune their romance where they left off and maybe a wedding at the end. ls of cousre. and bastila no matter what the walk side revan walks. and return other character from the previous kotors.

Wouldn't this thread be better off in the General RPG forum considering by all indications, Obsidian isn't doing KOTOR3 and thus makes any KOTOR3 speculation more of a general discussion?

Or something... :devil:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Wouldn't this thread be better off in the General RPG forum considering by all indications, Obsidian isn't doing KOTOR3 and thus makes any KOTOR3 speculation more of a general discussion?

Or something...  :devil:

This forum is for posting suggestions, questions or comments about our website, forums, or games you'd like to see.

The bold is my own in order to connect that since KoToR 2 is a product associated with Obsidian, KoToR 3 as a project members would 'like' to see seems to fit.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

KOTOR 3 must follow the Lucasfilm canon...which is LS Male Revan and LS Male Exile. Always gotta have a happy ending, right.

I would also like them upgrade their graphical engine. If the technology in KOTOR 3 doesn't improve with the times (and this one didn't) then it doesn't matter how great the story is...it'll be a moldy oldy.

I don't think there is a need to resolve what happened between KOTOR 1 and 2. There is a need to resolve the Mandalorian, Sith, and Revan's travels. The Exile's storyline is more or less resolved. It's basically what happens to him now, as opposed to knowing what happened to him back then. What exactly happened to Revan and Malak is more important than going over the Exile's past...the reason it's more important is if there is a presence out there that creates or indoctrinates the Sith culture.

I'd like to see Revan played as LS character, but without the mask. In each game you could see the character face that they had envisioned. KOTOR one is the balded headed character with the fu-manchu that has no other variations of his head. In KOTOR 2 it is obviously the same character that shows up on the Box. And in fact if you play through the games with those characters the wardrobes and character make-up fit very well. The other heads look silly, actually.

Game specific:

I'd like to see the ability to use more than two extra characters.

Review the force powers, rebalance them and use them as needed. There are a lot of powers there that really don't allow a character to specialize in force use, which is supposed to be the job of the Consular. Make more of the powers universal, but allow only the most potent one's to be LIGHT/DARK side specific, AND score heavier penalties unless the character had that skill and was light side...but then fell to the dark side later.

Make the light saber and component upgrading much more simpler. I like the balance of the first, and the second one however is too deep. Having a level (1, 2, 3, 4...etc) of one particular emitter makes no sense. If you can build the emitter (power cell...etc), then great, otherwise you can't. Do that or allow each individual component to be upgraded (such as a basic emitter can be upgraded to a level 2 by using a better crystal or new attachment...etc).

Mix the best parts of KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 together.

I'd like to see Revan played as LS character, but without the mask. In each game you could see the character face that they had envisioned. KOTOR one is the balded headed character with the fu-manchu that has no other variations of his head. In KOTOR 2 it is obviously the same character that shows up on the Box. And in fact if you play through the games with those characters the wardrobes and character make-up fit very well. The other heads look silly, actually.

No thanks. I don't want to be told what my Revan character looked like. Because mine certainly didn't have a bald head and certainly didn't have that stupid fu-manchu. <_<

IF Revan reappears, either keep the mask on him or allow us to select his face.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not sure anymore what i want in kotor 3. I know two stand out that i would to see a two part story exile/revan stories. i know would closure to the story of revan. personally i would like play as revan again and fight the good fight and get the girl in the end. this saga should have ending or tragic ending depending what path you walk.

and i realize i might critize for refering revan as man but in my games that what he is.