KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

The android idea is rather cool, Darth 666 :)

I think it's important that KOTOR3 ties together the loose plot lines we've got at the moment, though. Where is Revan? Who are the True Sith? What happens to the Exile? Etc.

Different times for a different series perhaps.

I agree wholeheartedly about tieing up the loose plot ends but considering this is the destruction of the True Sith Empire wouldn't the PC if they went evil want to join the True Sith? So what kinda ending would that conjure up? because if they don't get destroyed well they'd be no Republic and mess up the movies

Hmmm everybody wants to know what happened to Revan and Exile, but talking about them is realy difficult, cuz Revan could be a either woman, or man, same thing is with exile. Such things are no problem in kotor II.

And meeting them is realy impossible, maybe u can visit their graves.

I think about funny paradox. The Republic, and sith could make an allance to face far more treat. And that would be strange.

cya all.

I think most of these suggestions need to be not made.

Not that Obsidian doesn't want suggestions, there are just alot of useless suggestions to be had.

The countless plot ideas are going to be largely ignored. Let's face it, most of them arn't that good anyways. I think most of these suggestions should go through a little thought before they're made, and not just 'it'll be cool.'

Things like actual game features, such as a dynamic multiplayer format that includes the ability to open-end mod and create your own campaigns, almost exactly like NWN. That way, all the crappy ideas can be brought to life by the only people who really care.

Oh, and as for other mechanical features, the ability to manually choose a class on lvl-up, also like NWN. When I saw that I couldn't mis-match classes to produce a unique skill and feat set for my character in KoTOR 1, I was heartbroken.

Only because I scheme of ways to tweak a scout/scoundrel/Jedi Jedi-Hunter. With, y'know, a troubled past n' crap. Just to screw with all the l33t Jedi Guardians and chaotic-stupid Sith Lords with a simple blaster, and an uncanny aim.

What the game needs is more containers.  They got the cool slidey-open-top box but we need more.  They should push the envelope and go for something triangular or - development time permitting - octagonal.

Crates!

Bah! You can keep your cylinders, footlockers and crates - I'll take a good old fashioned wicker bin any day of the week. :D

manthing2.jpg

What the game needs is more containers.  They got the cool slidey-open-top box but we need more.  They should push the envelope and go for something triangular or - development time permitting - octagonal.

Crates!

Bah! You can keep your cylinders, footlockers and crates - I'll take a good old fashioned wicker bin any day of the week. :D

But wicker bins are just so... "quaint" :ph34r:

Need good, ortogonal, top opened crates :thumbsup:

Anyway, for somewhat more serious suggestions.

Or should I say, constructive critic ?

More use of party members. It was an improvement, but it could be taken even further. Do we even need a protagonist ? Or could it be a party thing like IWD ?

I'm thinking the original Star Wars movie here, that didn't really have "a" hero (although Luke got the biggest bodycount with the deathstar), but a group of heroes, Han, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan, The Droids, all contributed in important ways to solve the sidequests. Often without the nominal protagonist present.

It's still too easy to play "against" your character. If you are way darkside or lightside, remove the opposing schools of magic. Erhh... I mean the other force powers. Could be something like cetain powers being very light and some very dark. The more you sway to one side, the less you can move across the "middle line" and use powers.

I don't want to be a Jedi. I hated it in K1 when I was forced to give up my scoundrel class. At least, I was warned in K2 that I was stuck with being a Jedi. I still hated it when half my traitorus team turned jedi on me though. Freeze dried Insta-Jedi, just add water and stir, yum!

The idea was nice, but couldn't it have been made so, that only one of your npcs could be trained as an apprentice ?!? Even if you had three candidates, only allow a jedi to have a single apprentice ? Please ?

It might be an engine thing, but those engines as were used in the two games just doesn't work very well with combat... it seems to favour a style where the opponents are either static or just charge headlong towards each other and push buttons. What happened to using the entire area, using area effect weapons, distance, skirmishers, fire support, etc. ? Most of the battles were too easy, simply by moving around a bit and using terrain to your advantage. The poor endboss didn't even put up a fight, I could just find a spot to stand, press throw lightsaber at my leasure and then watch the game ending...

I really really miss a bit of a tactical challenge. And no, giving the opponent 10.000 VP and immunity to everything is not a challenge, just silly and a test of patience.

Why do party members always stick around ?

How about getting rid of some, once they have outlived their usefulness. Drop them off at the local cantina and hope they are there, should you decide you need one of them again. Would make the Ebon Hawk less crowded.

Dying... What happened to dying ? Was it Attond who made a funny remark regarding the partymembers ability to stand up again, despite being blasted to pieces ?

Again, it might be an engine thing, but the third person perspective just doesn't work very well with teams or party members in a combat situation... how about changing to a more isometric type, slightly distance view of the field when combat occurs and allow "team" commands by area selection of team members. Not unlike real time strategy games, select the two guys to the right and issue instructions, like providing coering fire and grenades, then select the four guys to the left and tell them to fall back while firing or some such...

Heck, adobt the Jagged Alliance 2 approach to combat.

Meh, could ramble on forever. Way too few good crpgs out there...

:)

PS: (slight spoiler)

Visas sacrifice thing... hmm... pretty good. Next best thing to ritual virgin sacrifice.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Crates!

But wicker bins are just so... "quaint" :ph34r:

Sith eye for the Jedi guy. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

I'l sum up what I said before

1.More indepth Character Creation (I.E. be an Alien or other species)

2. No jedi Class for the main character

3. more quests in which you do not use your character and Are forced to use characters That would otherwise go untouched.

4. different starting location (or first level) for different species

5. unique prestige classes

6. there is no #6

courescant amy be added also who wouldn't like to go there of all places we've been in the past games its time to hit the Capitol City for once.

I love this idea!

In my opinion I would love for you to start the game off as a Jedi Padawan training on Coruscant (I'm sick of Dantooine being the main Jedi sanctuary in these games!) at the Jedi Temple. Possibly for the same reason stated above (for the soul purpose of finding Revan and maybe the Exile also), I thought that was a good point to make out. Then, at level 15 you acquire the rank and title of Jedi Knight and can then select you very own (one) Padawan (either from your party or someone you meet once you visit the Temple again...who knows.) Then, when you reach level 30 (when your Padawan likewise reaches level 15 and becomes a Jedi Knight) you become a Jedi Master. This wouldn't necessarily put you on the Council. Jedi Master is simply the title given to Knights who have successfully trained a Padawan to Knighthood or those whom the Council decides is worthy enough of said title.

I think the certain classes such as Jedi Guardian, Jedi Sentinel, and Jedi Counsular be done away with and we finally go by the traditional rank and process of the Old Jedi Order (since that is what order we are under during these games.) Take all the certain classes' feats and throw them in together and you get to have your choice of any. Have so many choices to select from during each level-up as a Padawan, then this number slightly increases once you become a Knight, then it increases slightly more once you finally become a Jedi Master. I would like for the player character, once he becomes a Jedi Master, to finally be recognized as such. I hated being a Jedi Master in K2 and the other Masters never recognize me as such ... if they even recognized me as a Jedi (or even a person) at all. I'm beginning to get the feeling that the Jedi of this era were just as manipulative, deceptive, and as evil as the Sith in most cases. Like Atton said, atleast the Sith were honest with you. I feel it's time for this to be corrected and the Jedi in the games finally rise to the standard we have always held them to. Not arrogant and rude people that Atris and Vrook have made them out to be.

Oh, earlier someone mentioned that you player character in K3 help with rebuilding the Jedi Order. I say that let the Jedi Order already be rebuilt with Mical (Disciple) and Bastila on the Jedi High Council. We know that Mical will because when you play as a female in K2 Kreia says that he will sit on the new Council. I think Bastila deserves to be on it as well since she is experienced (having helped retrain Revan, fought Darth malak, and has tasted the Dark Side yet returned to the light.) She had more experience then some Master have when she was yet a Padawan. I feel that she finally deserves some recognition. I would also like to see some Rakatan Jedi and possibly an important Rakatan Jedi Master (preferably on the Jedi Council) in K3. I mean ... they were once force-sensitive, were trying to reintroduce the Force (midichlorians) back into their DNA (with my help), and wished to make their peace with the galaxy for what their ancestors did. I would like to see that my work in K1 - and their work over thousands of years - doesn't go unrewarded. Lets just say that they succeed and do come back to the galaxy at large and some redeem themselves by becomeing Jedi. What better way to achieve that accomplishment?

Well, these are just a few of my request. Whether they are contemplated on or not is a different story ... but atleast I voiced my opinion. Oh, and if someone is completely serious about their ideas, don't burn them for their suggestions unless you wholy expect it to someday come back to you three-fold. It's called Karma ... learn it.

Jedi Master Dakari

PS: Let's have a real white lightsaber in this one, please? The silver was a step forward (thank goodness) but it was a little too blue for my taste. but thanks for it anyway.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

I didn't write that much ... gosh! :D

Somebody reply, please? :lol:

Any Moderators or Developers on the threads? Let me know what you think, hmm?

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

it's funny you mentioned about the jedi being manipulative, because we were watching the original trilogy the other day and came to the conclusion that Obi Wan and Yoda were doing the same thing to Luke, manipulating him for their own selfish purpose of correcting their mistakes.

oh, I'm new btw, :cool:

Me too!

Well, welcome to the boards!

Oh, and Happy Saint Patrick's Day ;) , everybody!

As far as technical things, I would love to see much more customization for the character's appearance at the start. Sure, have a few pre-set faces for players who just want to start quick, but have a way to use more in depth options. Like species selections, hair length, etc. It would be nice to have the ability to create a character similar to Darth Maul - with the facial designs, horns and such.

Hooded robes. It would be nice if Jedi robes gave the option of equipping the hood of the robe or not.

My last technical thing may seem weird at first, but I would like to be able to alter a lightsaber's hilt. To create Dooku's curved hilt or simply us just one blade on a double bladed saber (like when Maul first dueled with Qui Jon.) Looking at the shiny silver hilts can get tiring. Having

Dakari- great idea!

i think your player should start on Coruscant as a Padawan or even a master on the jedi council w/ bastila and disciple. i really think there should be no revan in this game, no revealing him/her, just references to him/her or somethin. actually i think revan should really be taking a back seat in the new story.

it'd be great to be able to start off as a master and you get to choose a new padawan and the council votes to send you to a planet w/ your padawan to settle a dispute or somethin and while you're there some sith show up or somethin....the plot thickens

there have been some ideas to get rid of the turn based combat and upgrade to real time like the jedi outcast videogames. def dont think they should do this w/ kotor 3, this form of combat is pretty unique and fun, it just needs to be tweeked a little bit. like there should def be more animations for every force power you get. like instead of having that lame force resist/immunity power (oh btw, gotta be alot more jedi/sith to fight in the next game) that just put your character in a blue shield for 2 secs, it should be way more cooler. like w/ the first tier, if you activate it and some sith hits you with lightning your lightsaber catches it (like obiwan in attack of the clones) and w/ the 2nd tier you absorb half the force lightning w/ your lightsaber and half w/ one of your free hands and that increases your force points. and for the 3rd tier you can absorb the lightning in one hand and aim it back w/ the other hand. stuff like that would make combat and the entire game sooooo much more fun!

Good idea Dakari, I've read a few ideas on other boards too, most people mension rebuilding the council on Dantooine, but nobody mensions the concil on Coruscant. But like the Original Trilogies, the Jedi Council wasnt rebuilt until at least 5 years after Return of the Jedi.

In KotOR3, I think theres going to be a huge war taking place, Revan gave each of his old party an Order to do, like Carth keeping the Republic strong, Canderous rebuilding the Mandalorian army. And, (s)he said to both of them to "be ready" for when (s)he returns (maybe Revan thought that he would have remembered everything and eventually become the Dark Lord once more? so he asked them to get ready? who knows)

K3 shouldnt just be "looking" for the True Sith, like when we was looking for the starforge, well.. at least only add the search to 3 or 4 of the planets and the last 2 or 3 could be you preparing the galaxy for the war, oh and we need another Star Forge, I believe that theres another one somewhere, if it was powered by the Darkside, then I'm sure the True Sith would have it.. though the last planet or maybe a new Star Forge should have the baddest and hardest boss, which needs both Exile and Revan to attack.. then at the end when it's all over, you ant revan do battle, or something like what Kreia said.

A few things I'd like K3 to have in it:

1) I would like KotOR3 to let us have 3 Main characters this time, 2 of those characters being Revan and the Exile, and the 3rd being a new guy.

2) More information about the K1/K2 crew.. what happened after, and where they are now.

3) We need to have Kreia back in KotOR3, using her force bonds to contact Exile and guide him as Obi-Wan did with Luke.

4) Different style Lightsabers, I mean, just because we see Double and Single Hilted sabers, doesnt mean thats all they have, maybe a 3 or 6 hilted saber, hey.. it's possible.

5) a Big RotJ celebration, which shows all the surviving party members from all the games, and a brief clip of all planets that where touched by the sith war (just like rotj)

6) more romance options.

7) create a "darth" costume :D

:luck: Hopefully, the party will be more than 9 this time (or was it 10?)

&

9) The Ebon Hawk has been in the game for too long, I'm kinda getting tired of seeing it, yeah, it's supposed to be the main ship like the Falcon was, but wouldnt it have been better just to give it to Carth, and get an Updated model of the Hawk's series? Oh and maybe this could be the date where the Holo-Chess game comes out :D

Oh, and the time between K2 and K3 should be at least a year, not 5 years though :lol:

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

i think in kotor 3 you should start out as a prestige class, kotor 1 you started out as a soldier/scoundrel/scout, kotor 2 you started out as guardian/consular/sentinel, so it only makes sense that you start out as a prestige class from the start. so when you choose your class on the start up menu your choices will be sith lord, sith marauder, sith assassin, jedi master, jedi weaponsmaster and jedi watchman. and this should be your character from the previous game, if you were a sith it picks off from there, you've started reconstructing the sith empire, but you're no longer relying on soldiers and warships and stuff its all about the force sensitive, light saber wielding dudes, and that's your characters new strategy, quality and stealth over quantity to wage a war on the republic/jedi.

DS story idea: ok so if you choose a sith you start at a sith temple somewhere (it'd be nice if it wasnt korriban, im sick of that place) and you then choose a student out of your ranks (and i can be an alien, b/c your main character will prolly be human) and then what you plan to do is hit all the jedi training grounds in the galaxy in order to destroy the jedi and weaken the republic. and you should have a new ship too, like some new sith ship that really sleek and smaller than the ebon hawk. so you can go to dantooine, telos and other planets with jedi training grounds. and coruscant would have to be last b/c its the largest jedi temple and you're gonna need the xp to defeat the masters there anyway. that'd be so awesome to kill bastila, atris, juhani, jolee, disciple, handmaiden on coruscant (or on other planets where there are temples and they are the head of them)

before you do that, however, it'd be cool to have your first move be to get some allies. so you could like ally w/ czerka corporation if you're a sith and if you do assignments for them (like assasinating political leaders, enslaving wookies, etc.) they'll develop more of those sleek sith fighters, so you can have more people come w/ you when you conquer planets, like coruscant, when you'll need more to help. they could also develop more weapons or armor for you too.

and through deception you could get the mandalorians to help you too, and then afterwards you can choose to slaughter them all or somethin.

Two years after the history of the exile, Revan had already come to the unknown regions to fighting or to directing to the real sith, whereas the hero of the game would be again the exile after the track of Revan. When the game begins you will have the option to choose what kind of jedi you want to be and also you will be able to choose the path you incline more, as you are playing this can be changed. Once come to the unknown regions, there will be a series of planets where you will have to look for tracks of Revan and some missions to make, but there will be several sith lords who are in charge of new those sith never earlier seen. In the beginning of the game you will have the opportunity to choose if Revan was good or bad, this one will perform supreme importance 'cause if you choose that Revan was bad, he will be the most powerful sith lord who will guide to the new sith empire, but if you choose that revan was good he will be something like Atris in KotOR 2. Returning to the unknown regions, once there you will know new partners which they will guide you to the track of Revan, without mentioning that in the beginning of the game you will have two sure partners, handmaiden and atton that will accompany you during all the game, other characters from KotOR 2 come with the republic's fleet, when this one comes to help you in the final battle where the mandalorians directed for canderous will help you too. When I say the the republic's fleet I mean that you should find out that a descendant from Vandar guides the remaining jedi and Carth will guide the rest soldiers of the republic, in this game there will be several sith lords looking for the power on this new sith empire and you might take yourself the surprise that one of these sith lords in the seek of the power and the seek of revenge will be miss Shan

I think kotor 3 should put an end to trilogy (good old star wars tradition) so you should get the chance to fight and defeat the true sith.

I liked the idea of starting on coruscant, it would be great to see and walk that planet.

I would start the game by setting the apperance of revan and the exile (face, gender, jedi class) so that they could look the way you wanted them in the first two games (i know this would ruin the suprise when they show up, cause you know they're coming) it would be fun if you could those your main character to be an alien and customize your lightsaber as wel (color and hilt like in jedi knight)

Once the game is started you begin as a padawan on coruscant receiving his final mission to prove his worth before becoming a jedi knight. This mission could come from the new jedi council (including the discipel, bastila, handmaiden -as librarian)

On this mission you ran across some kind of new creepy sith. You hurry back to the council telling them about this new threat. They make you jedi knight and you get your own padawan. Then you 're off to find someone who could know more about these sith.

You could encouter some old friends (like jolee, really my favorite) and new ones.

Finally the true sith strike and you have to hurry to save the republic (again) first by finding the exile and revan and together lead the republic and jedi to war against the true sith.

I don't know much about rpg's (only played kotor) so i don't quite understand what you're all are saying about those other games but i liked the idea of not being restricted to the guardian/sentinel/consular thing, you'd have to customize you're own character to your liking.

My final suggestion is that you should be able to play with multiple parties, not like in kotor 2 but three completely different ones: one for yourself and one for revan and the exile each once you find they. You should lead each of these to the final battle, each searching for support a way to stop the sith

Once they're defeated you could see a state-of-the-art cinegraphic showing two of the sith fleeing the destruction of their power and allready planning to seize power again

i know, this is a lightside scenario, should think about a dark side one to

My take on KOTOR 3.

A quick note tho this only works if you view Kotor as ANH, Kotor 2 as ESB anf Kotor 3 as ROTJ (especially plotwise - rescue the comrade in arms destroy the empire once and for all)

The game picks up at the end of KOTOR 2 with the Exile flying off in search of Revan. The exile is on her last legs from from the fight with Kreia and Sion (thus explainly sort of why you have to start from character level 1 again). The Exile persuades T3-MA to unlock the nav computer. The last destination was Yavin 4. This is explained in the opening crawl.

CGI start movie: As the Ebon Hawk enters the the Yavin System it is attacked by wave after wave of Sith fighters. The Sith Empire has occupied the Yavin system as a spear head for their invasion of the Galaxy. Crippled, the Ebon Hawk is taken to the space station formerly maintained by the Rodian Inventor or from KOTOR 1 (PC Version). Everyone is captured with the exception of the Exile, who it has been decided will be the bet character to rescue the rest of the crew. (Similar to KOTOR aboard the leviathan)

Thus the game starts with the exile on the space station with 2 quests, find his/her companions and escape in the ebon Hawk (alsorts of opportunities for lowering tractor beam type missions). The quest is a mixed success. The Exile locates the droids (Hk - 47 and T3 - M4) and the Rodian inventor (who becomes a party member, neutral engineer type character) but watches as a Sith transport take Ebon Hawk crew to unknown regions to be used as slaves in the Sith Empire (and allowing the game to have new characters). Whilst aboard the space Station the exile also discovers that Revan is being held in a Massassi temple on Yavin 4. The gender and force alignment is selected here by reviewing Revan's history files on the computer). Due to his/her strength in the force Revan is being used as power generator (much like humans are 'enteched' in Truce at Bakura). The exile heads for Yavin 4. On the jungle planet, the exile also encounters Master Vander who is also searching for Revan and he becomes a player character (LS jedi Consular). When Revan is rescued he/she becomes a member of the team (Force as above, jedi Sentinel). Revan also reveals the games main quest...

To be continued.

let me know if you want to here the rest of a fan's idea of what KOTOR 3 should be.

Down with forced jedi classes, up with normal Star Wars classes.

(I would play that game Pella Tyln.)

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

i def think kotor 3 should be more epic than the 2nd. kotor 2 was just so boring and not fun or climactic at the end.

continuing...

LS story idea: if you choose to be a jedi on the start up menu... you are a jedi knight or even a master on the high council. the council votes to send you and your new padawan (who you get to choose) to investigate a distress signal coming from a jedi temple on another planet. when you get there its completely deserted and as your looking around trying to find clues about what happen a bunch of new sith start to attack you. you and your padawan have no choice but to flee to your ship and report back to coruscant. maybe along the way you are shot down and land on a planet before you can report back to coruscant. when you reach coruscant the masters tell you that 3 other jedi temples have sent distress signals and are in trouble.

now you may be thinking that if you choose to be a sith and you're the big bad guy than who's gonna be the bad guy if you're good? well maybe if you choose to be a sith you have a very mysterious, powerful and ambitious adviser and while you're away conquering planets he takes control of the sith and if you're a jedi then the Adviser is just the main bad dude.