Better Beginning?

Which is better the beginning of K1 or K2?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better the beginning of K1 or K2?

• Taris, KotOR
    • Peragus, TSL

They both suck, I want my lightsaber.  I guess eye candy/play wise Taris.

Well if you got the lightsaber right from the start it would be just a weapon then, you need to build the anticipation, that's why we've got these beginnings.

I'm very much a Jedi Guardian. I don't feel like a Jedi without a lightsaber in my characters hand.

I cannot bring myself to play paragus again. I want to start a new character but everytime I think about it, the thought of having to go through paragus again just annoys me. Taris on the other hand held me attention better without me getting bored. I could do other things then just the missions. I could play pazzak, or fight in the dueling ring, or collect on a bounty.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Voted TSL, to me it's way better than Telos. Far more pressure on you, to save yourself and others. It felt much more like the original Star Wars to me, Telos was just to layed back for me, no sence of urgency at all.

Taris was way better.

Peragus felt poor and hollow and was nothing but an uninteresting walk from point A, to point B and then all the way back to A and into C so I could go back to B one more time and then finally leave. Any revelations in the story did not save me from the insane boredom I felt in that place. I would have cheated my way out of there if I knew how to.

I voted Taris but I think the poll is unfair towards TSL. Seems like the comparison should be between Endar Spire and Peragus, and between Taris and Telos, respectively. Can't say anything about Telos as I just arrived there (and encountered my first bug - people talking to me through closed doors) but I hope it will give you the freedom and sidequests that Taris did. Like someone already wrote, bounty-hunting and pazaak and the like.

Peragus was a bit overlong and repetitive with hardly any conversations and way too many droids. What it did well besides that one grey droid was creating a creepy mood (music was good, station wasn't dark enough, though) and some intentional confusion for the PC. Felt a bit like the old "System Shock" RPG.

And in general, the fights on Normal difficulty are ridiculously easy. I'm playing a sentinel with an emphasis on skills and still most enemies wouldn't even scratch me. Maybe it's because I know from KotOR I how to fight effectively but still it's barely challenging even on "Hard". And I'm already level 7 after Peragus, what a rush. *g*

Taris. Simply more to do. More freedom, more interaction, more people, more variety, more coolness.

Peragus is just a hugely long easy dungeon crawl where youa re forced to play another character about half the time. Not cool.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i think this beginning was far superior

i tried playing kotor1 5 times (before i got into it) coz the beginning was so gay

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

undecided. probably peragus, seeing as it was shorter(don't like the starting places). taris was too long and boring...

Honestly I think its unfair to try and compare Talis to Perugus!

I mean if your going by the FIRST opening sequence then it should be

KotOR1 = Republic Ship

KotOR2 = Peragus

Not Talis!

So the Poll should read

KotOR1 = Republic ship AND Talis

KotOR2 = Peragus AND ALL OF TELOS (citidal, surface, military installation, academy)

Honestly I think KotOR2 wins BOTH examples tho to be honest! Far more opening content in either example for KotOR2.

Talis was great, I loved it. But Telos told a much greater story and had far more area when the two compared.

KotOR1 = Republic Ship

KotOR2 = Peragus

Not Talis!

So the Poll should read

KotOR2 = Peragus AND ALL OF TELOS (citidal, surface, military installation, academy)

Honestly I think KotOR2 wins BOTH examples tho to be honest! Far more opening content in either example for KotOR2.

Talis was great, I loved it. But Telos told a much greater story and had far more area when the two compared.

*taris :shifty:

A lot of you say that Paragus and Endar Spire are more a like because Endar Spire was the totorial level in the first, but actually the tutorial level in Kotor2 was the Ebon Hawk. You just got the chance to skip it. Although Taris and Telos do share alot of similarities, Telos and Paragus are the more parallel levels in the sense that they are both the first levels after the tutorial.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

A lot of you say that Paragus and Endar Spire are more a like because Endar Spire was the totorial level in the first, but actually the tutorial level in Kotor2 was the Ebon Hawk.  You just got the chance to skip it.  Although Taris and Telos do share alot of similarities, Telos and Paragus are the more parallel levels in the sense that they are both the first levels after the tutorial.

exactly. :shifty:

I just hate those introductory chapters in which you're playing the game but you're still not *into* the game. I was bored to death in Taris and much the same way, I couldn't wait to get the hell out of Peragus. So since Peragus is shorter, Peragus gets my vote.

And I want my lightsaber, now.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"I was bored to death in Taris and much the same way, I couldn't wait to get the hell out of Peragus. So since Peragus is shorter, Peragus gets my vote."

At least Taris wasn't a striaght up boring dungeon cawl. Youa ctually had eal interatcion (other than the handful of joinable npcs like Kreia).

That's why I personally prefer it.

WOW! YOu are moving along quick. It took me 2 days to finish peragus due to not wanting to. <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I guess to me Taris felt a little more Star Warsy, which for me is the most important element to a Star Wars title. Peragus, could on any space setting rpg just take out a few references, and you're playing Buck Rodgers or something. I guess you could do something like that for Taris, but the Hutts and the Twileks and everything make it feel more like the living Star Wars universe

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I guess to me Taris felt a little more Star Warsy, which for me is the most important element to a Star Wars title. Peragus, could on any space setting rpg just take out a few references, and you're playing Buck Rodgers or something. I guess you could do something like that for Taris, but the Hutts and the Twileks and everything make it feel more like the living Star Wars universe

couldn't agree more. The other thing I didn't like about peragus was the fact that it felt so restricting in the fact that you had narrow little hallways to follow and thats it, really the game didn't start until Telos everything before was just the training levels (a 4-10 hour training level none the less <_< ).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Peragus...by far.  It had a great ambience to it, it set a great stage for later in the game, and was just better written.

Taris just didn't hook me in and by the end of it i was annoyed at the idiocy of the Sith troopers walking around.

Couldn't agree more!!

Yeah same here, couldn't wait to get the hell out of there...kind of like horror movie :lol:

I'm having great time except those damn bugs, I hate when the game crashes in the middle of the dialog...

KotOR1 = Republic Ship

KotOR2 = Peragus

Not Talis!

So the Poll should read

*taris :thumbsup:

*Grins*

Maybe my R key will appear after I get some sleep :p

heh