Regarding KotOR3

ummm folks,

You all do realize that its not official until you read it on LA and/or Obsidian (if they are the creator again) Web Sites. Think about it, who would know and announce first for the initial press, LA and Obsidian or some fan site not associated or apart of LA/Obsidian?

Talking about the possiblitity of a KotOR3 is great and entertaining but dont take announcements from Fan Sites as anything more then wishful thinking. Thats why they are called fan sites and not legit news sites.

Just thought Id mention the obvious in case anyone is getting their hopes up really high.

I personally want a KotOR3 as badly as anyone else and everything does point towards there being a KotOR3 (and 4,5,6), but until you hear it from Lucas Arts or Obsidian, its just not valid or real. That goes 100000x more when speaking about possible release dates.

The only official information we have is that LucasArts ****-canned the original in-house KOTOR 3 dev team and put the project on indefinite hold.

That's probably for the best TBH. With the exception of LA's point-and-click adventure heydays, when was the last time they put out a decent in house game?

manthing2.jpg

The only official information we have is that LucasArts ****-canned the original in-house KOTOR 3 dev team and put the project on indefinite hold.

That's probably for the best TBH. With the exception of LA's point-and-click adventure heydays, when was the last time they put out a decent in house game?

that team was working on an engine for a future K3, not nessasarily the actual game

you do realise that even that was never made offical right??? it was also reported by fan sites and some new sites but never confirmed by LA as ever even happening.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I can't believe that Lucasarts would end the KOTOR line, but I also think that KOTOR is a long way from being announced. The team at Obsidian said that their time frame for KOTOR 2 did not allow them to make major changes to the KOTOR game engine. Because the game engine was not almost completely rewriten, things like frame rate and graphics were not improved upon from the original KOTOR. This was the largest complaint of both Gamespot and Ign, so I don't think they are going to rush through the development of KOTOR 3. I would predict that we won't see KOTOR 3 until late 2006 at the earliest.

I would guess that its not going to be this years E3 (maybe next year)... unless that started working on KOTOR 3 around the sametime or shortly after Obsidian started working on KOTOR 2 (i.e. another developer and not obsidian doing KOTOR 3).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Well yes and no, right now there are just too many variables to say wether or not this year would be more likely than next year. I think the most interesting one is if they are building a engine from scratch they would have had to start either before/at the same time as obsidian started on TSL or else they wouldn't have anything to show for E3 other than just some very minor screens that would be more than likely usning the old engine to show some of the enviroments. The more likely option for them saying they are wanting to put out yet another game in a short time period is to use another games engine in order to cut down on the development time required. But I am still very troubled by the fact that if they are going to unvail another chapter in this series at this years E3 then what kind of qaulity of game can we really expect? Though I think that if M$ doesn't unvail Xbox 2 at E3 we wont hear anything about the new KOTOR till 2006 simply because it has been hinted at, that KOTOR might be a launch title for Xbox 2 (though I can't remember where I read that).

AscendedPaladin.png

Oh and please Obsidian, if you make a Kotor 3 - can you make it actually work before you release it?

Love,

Kukskalle

Either that or make it really bad, like maybe Phil Collins could do the soundtrack, don't half-@ss it it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well obviously if KotOR 2 is a success, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't develop a KotOR 3 or a 4, 5, 6... It could even be like the FF Series. If LucasArts sees it as a profitable venture, they're not going to put it on hold indefinetly. Maybe now they aren't in a financially "sound" position but heh... who knows?

PS : YAY 600 posts!

Oh and please Obsidian, if you make a Kotor 3 - can you make it actually work before you release it?

Love,

Kukskalle

That's all depending on Lucasarts, they're responsible for the bugstesting.

PS. Nice nick, swedish for "d1ckhead" :D

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well obviously if KotOR 2 is a success, I don't see a reason why they wouldn't develop a KotOR 3 or a 4, 5, 6... It could even be like the FF Series. If LucasArts sees it as a profitable venture, they're not going to put it on hold indefinetly. Maybe now they aren't in a financially "sound" position but heh... who knows?

PS : YAY 600 posts!

Personally, I think it would have been better if it was like FF right from the beginning. At least the whole thing where each game has nothing to do with the previous game. I'd like to see a bunch of different KotORs, just set in the time of the old republic. Maybe have some major NPCs make appearances. Like if you meet the head of the jedi order in two different games, he should be the same guy. But just make several different RPGs, each having nothing to do with each other except the setting. And the storylines don't necessarily need to be all epic. You could make a game where you can't be a Jedi and you're just running from your past or something. You could even have one where the game only takes place on one or two planets.

I just think that way would be better because you could get a better variety of games, without haveing to make sure you pay attention to the story of the last game. Lucasarts could even make two or three of them at once if they're good enough for people to buy all of them.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'd like to see KOTOR 3 deal in a time inwhich very lttle of the EU dictated what was going on. It suckes that alot of what the game background is has to be borrowed from these second rate writers. Place the game on planets mentioned, but not described in detail and allude to there crap as little as possible, because names like Freedon Nadd=suckage

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.