Regarding KotOR3

I'd like to see KOTOR 3 deal in a time inwhich very lttle of the EU dictated what was going on. It suckes that alot of what the game background is has to be borrowed from these second rate writers. Place the game on planets mentioned, but not described in detail and allude to there crap as little as possible, because names like Freedon Nadd=suckage

The best time for what you're asking would be during the very first rift in the Jedi Order - when certain Jedi embraced the Dark Side whilst the rest found the new teachings abhorrent. There was some huge war, where the Dark Jedi eventually lost and were exiled; but never forgot the Jedi and vowed to seek vengeance.

The earliest EU period delves into the Great Hyperspace War in the Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire books of the Tales of the Jedi series (which in turn pre-dates the Sith War with Exar Kun by a thousand years).

The aforementioned first rift period however, pre-dates the Golden Age period by thousands of years, and so far has been untouched by EU authors.

:(

manthing2.jpg

Personally, I think it would have been better if it was like FF right from the beginning. At least the whole thing where  each game has nothing to do with the previous game. I'd like to see a bunch of different KotORs, just set in the time of the old republic. Maybe have some major NPCs make appearances. Like if you meet the head of  the jedi order in two different games, he should be the same guy. But just make several different RPGs, each having nothing to do with each other except the setting. And the storylines don't necessarily need to be all epic. You could make a game where you can't be a Jedi and you're just running from your past or something. You could even have one where the game only takes place on one or two planets.

I just think that way would be better because you could get a better variety of games, without haveing to make sure you pay attention to the story of the last game. Lucasarts could even make two or three of them at once if they're good enough for people to buy all of them.

The first thing is that really you couldn't do that with a starwars title since in starwars its all driven by the characters and the continuing of a characters story (i.e. Anakins story for the movies). The secodn thing is I don't think having a KOTOR series game that doesn't revole around the jedi wouldn't be such a good idea, I mean if your looking for a Starwars game that has little to nothing to do with the jedi then I would sugest Repubic comando or galaxies.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Galaxies was a terrible, terrible game Stargate.  How can you recommend that POS to anyone?  :(

because Jag, s/he asked for a games that didn't involve jedi not good games :-" :p

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Galaxies was a terrible, terrible game Stargate.  How can you recommend that POS to anyone?  :)

because Jag, s/he asked for a games that didn't involve jedi not good games :-" :p

ROFL, Stargate on the money there!

SWG tries to PUNISH you for becoming a jedi (thats the main reason I closed my 2 accounts there).

Hell, if you go look at their boards you will see the player base (the limited player base that actually posts, huge minority but the only ones vocal) want the Jedi to be even less apart of the game.

If your looking for a Star wars game that doesnt have jedi, SWG the way to go (even tho its now one of the worst SW games on the market). How bad SWG is does however hilite how IMPORTANT Jedi's are to a SW game. SWG has almost no Star Wars feel to it what so ever.

Rant on/

PS: For those speaking about engine and how a fan site COULD get and release the information before LA or Obsidian (assuming they make Knight 3 that is). THINK PEOPLE THINK!

Seriously, who is more likely to know and do a press release om the changing of the engine for a HUGE MONEY MAKER like KotOR series. Lucas Arts or Joes_im_a_star_wars_nerd.com.

Come on folks, think about it. ANY changes to any part of KotOR series will be huge news that could in fact impact the financial success of such a money making venture as KotOR series will be put out AND SPUN FAVORABLY by Lucas Arts. Simple as that. ANY news coming from "other sources" is made up BS to increase (or keep active at current level) hits to a privately owned website with NO real news to report. Simple as that. Hits = income, hense false news that promotes more hits is a good thing over short term. People beliving the fake news over the long term = even greater income!

The BEST a privately ran website can do is get on a bussiness related newsletter from these corperations and report news 12-24 hours AFTER the corps main site has reported it. I know this for fact, having attempted to run a fan site in the past. Rumors, assumptions, guess's are exactly that, they have no REAL factual basis regarding the topic. While they might make for interesting conversation they are FALSE until verified by the Corp (LA in this intance).

People who run fan sites making up news is nothing new for the internet. Point is, unless you read it on LucasArts.com or Obsidian.com its FALSE! Plain and simple. Anyone tells you otherwise is just lieing to you.

Also, if they REALLY was a leak that was leaking info, how long do you really think it would take LA to track it down. They have been burnt in the past from leaks, they take them very seriously.

Point is, go ahead and read fan sites for entertainment (some have really good content on them), but if you read something NOT supported by the main players FIRST, then there is a 99% its false and/or made up. The best place for KotOR3 news is (gasp) LA website followed by Obsidian website (again assuming Obsidian is doing part 3 as well). There is NO third, fourth, fifth, ect. places

Rant off/

Galaxies was a terrible, terrible game Stargate.  How can you recommend that POS to anyone?  :)

ROFL, Stargate on the money there!

SWG tries to PUNISH you for becoming a jedi (thats the main reason I closed my 2 accounts there).

Hell, if you go look at their boards you will see the player base (the limited player base that actually posts, huge minority but the only ones vocal) want the Jedi to be even less apart of the game.

If your looking for a Star wars game that doesnt have jedi, SWG the way to go (even tho its now one of the worst SW games on the market). How bad SWG is does however hilite how IMPORTANT Jedi's are to a SW game. SWG has almost no Star Wars feel to it what so ever.

Rant on/

PS: For those speaking about engine and how a fan site COULD get and release the information before LA or Obsidian (assuming they make Knight 3 that is). THINK PEOPLE THINK!

Seriously, who is more likely to know and do a press release om the changing of the engine for a HUGE MONEY MAKER like KotOR series. Lucas Arts or Joes_im_a_star_wars_nerd.com.

Come on folks, think about it. ANY changes to any part of KotOR series will be huge news that could in fact impact the financial success of such a money making venture as KotOR series will be put out AND SPUN FAVORABLY by Lucas Arts. Simple as that. ANY news coming from "other sources" is made up BS to increase (or keep active at current level) hits to a privately owned website with NO real news to report. Simple as that. Hits = income, hense false news that promotes more hits is a good thing over short term. People beliving the fake news over the long term = even greater income!

The BEST a privately ran website can do is get on a bussiness related newsletter from these corperations and report news 12-24 hours AFTER the corps main site has reported it. I know this for fact, having attempted to run a fan site in the past. Rumors, assumptions, guess's are exactly that, they have no REAL factual basis regarding the topic. While they might make for interesting conversation they are FALSE until verified by the Corp (LA in this intance).

People who run fan sites making up news is nothing new for the internet. Point is, unless you read it on LucasArts.com or Obsidian.com its FALSE! Plain and simple. Anyone tells you otherwise is just lieing to you.

Also, if they REALLY was a leak that was leaking info, how long do you really think it would take LA to track it down. They have been burnt in the past from leaks, they take them very seriously.

Point is, go ahead and read fan sites for entertainment (some have really good content on them), but if you read something NOT supported by the main players FIRST, then there is a 99% its false and/or made up. The best place for KotOR3 news is (gasp) LA website followed by Obsidian website (again assuming Obsidian is doing part 3 as well). There is NO third, fourth, fifth, ect. places

Rant off/

To be honest there are reasons why a company would put something like this out there without making it offical (though I doubt this is one of those situations). The one reason I can think off of the top of my head is to poll the general player/veiwer as to their reaction to the news, with the advent of the internet it has been easier to keep track of the veiws of your target market (via forums mainly or new groups) obviously when something is un-offical it tends to stir a type of response to either love or hate the idea (while yes a certain portion of the target market will discount the news as bunk mainly because it is "un-offical" it will still give a general feel for the publics veiw on a topic). Thus allowing the producers to farther refine the product to meet the wants of the target market and thus gain a higher profit at the end of it all. Also by doing things this way it allows for a product to basically get free publicity and also it tends to cost alot to gather the same information I discribed above via conventional means (i.e. study groups and marketing studies) which also helps in raising the porfit margine for the aformentioned product/company.

But anyway your a right the best place for offical info is the either the producers website or the developers website, since they are obviously going to be closer to the product than anyother site out there.

AscendedPaladin.png

Truth is K3's not official until it's on the store shelves.

what are you talking about? Games are announced months, even years before they are on the shelves. I mean, we all know kotor exsists and is 100% official - yet it's not out here until Feb 9th

Have you heard about game cancellation? :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

PS. Nice nick, swedish for "d1ckhead" :D

Yeah immature anger made me do that nice nick.

Buggy games i paid xxx amount of cash for make me feel that way.

it's a landmark when XBOX (read-console) games are buggy as well..maybe im inexperienced but thats a totally new lowmark for me...

One wonders why piracy is so common....

Maybe because 85% of the games released are:

a) rushed

b) totally worthless and not up to par with what they have announced

c) more OR less buggy..often more then less

d) cant stress this enough...rushed and buggy. This game (yes i play from the HD too...its my XBOX and its world wide known for this nice feature)

I bought my last game - the rest will be pirated stuff downloaded for T E S T I N G

before i spend a single dime on them.

PS. Nice nick, swedish for "d1ckhead" :D

Yeah immature anger made me do that nice nick.

Buggy games i paid xxx amount of cash for make me feel that way.

it's a landmark when XBOX (read-console) games are buggy as well..maybe im inexperienced but thats a totally new lowmark for me...

One wonders why piracy is so common....

Maybe because 85% of the games released are:

a) rushed

b) totally worthless and not up to par with what they have announced

c) more OR less buggy..often more then less

d) cant stress this enough...rushed and buggy. This game (yes i play from the HD too...its my XBOX and its world wide known for this nice feature)

I bought my last game - the rest will be pirated stuff downloaded for T E S T I N G

before i spend a single dime on them.

Try to play from the disc instead, Akari posted that KotOR II doesn't support playing it from the HD. Most bugs should be solved that way(skipping dialogue, missing in-game movies and so on....)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I must say I feel like a stupid fool posting that blastard link here. I am not going to trust another fan site agian, They fool the crap outta me :thumbsup:

and what right did www.starwarsknights.com give to post news of a coming KOTOR III,curse them! grrrr!

Sorry if I mis-lead anyone with this article,

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=28997

dam it!

It looks like that "news" report confused (whether purposefully or accidentally) the video game of Episode III with KOTOR3. The game based on Ep.III is well under way and nearing completion, while K3 is not in production at all.

newlogo.gif

Hmm.. Cheak this out  :thumbsup:

Interesting

Once again ladies and gentleman

as what Adan posted

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EEp...ZElRJBBMoPl.php

I still believe there is a KOTOR III,I dont know but I still believe a KOTOR III is in development....hhhhmmmmmm what do you guys think? now game banshee is posting the news that the link i posted to KOTOR III anouncment what the heck is going on??

I dont know,I am lost...confused...

I don't know any more!

i heard a rumor at www.kotorrulezdainterweb.com that not only is kotor3 in development, but theyre simultaneously developing kotor4 and kotor5 as well. apparently youll be able to play as any of the previous games npcs and that lightsaber hilts are not only customized, but even have the characters name engraved on it.

I still believe there is a KOTOR III,I dont know but I still believe a KOTOR III is in development

Hold on to your beliefs KotorianRuler - for belief alone can reshape the Planes and unmake the Multiverse. ^_^

?????? :thumbsup:

Your confusion is natural KotorianRuler. The first thing you must do is find Pharod and locate your missing journal.

Oh, and don't trust the skull. ^_^

manthing2.jpg

I still believe there is a KOTOR III,I dont know but I still believe a KOTOR III is in development

Hold on to your beliefs KotorianRuler - for belief alone can reshape the Planes and unmake the Multiverse. ^_^

Your confusion is natural KotorianRuler. The first thing you must do is find Pharod and locate your missing journal.

lol :lol: even more confused then before now

??? :blink:

I dont know what to do any more...

I feel like Obi-wan Kenobi :-"

lol :lol: even more confused then before now

??? :blink:

I dont know what to do any more...

I feel like Obi-wan Kenobi :-"

:-

Don't worry about it KotorianRuler. The references are just from a game that I love almost as much as you love KotOR. :cool:

manthing2.jpg