ANOUNCEMENT!! KOTOR III Is On The Way!!!!!

why blinker yourself with a set of parameters. its a new game, just accept that your uber strong character is now weak for the purpose of the new game, it shouldnt need some sort of reason.

Yes, it does. If the game is to have ansy sort of credibility to its story, yes it does. Plain and simple.

they could easaily do KOTOR 3 with a new cast, a new main character and a new ship. The main thread of the the kotor series so far is of the republic, it's times of turmoil during the Jedi civil war and it's struggle for survival in the aftermath.

The characters of the games are just narratives for that story thread. KOTOR 3 can easily carry on that thread with a new character, say a padawan, and use that character to deliver the narrative of how the republic is rebuilding itself or how it's faring against the threat of the true sith.

While I am overjoyed to hear this news I would like to see more then rumours. The sites that have this information (excpet Gamespy) are kinda flukey at best. Guess we'll have to wait until E3 to see if they show us anything eh?

On official Sith business.

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.

Mao Tse-Tung

You know, I've read over those articles linked in the initial post, and I honestly don't see anywhere in those articles that say a KOTOR 3 is in the works. If anything, I read that KOTOR 3 has been stalled indefinitely due to layoffs at LA.

That one website that said that there would be some sort of a video playing at this year's E3 just sounded utterly uninformed to me. No different than all those underground movie websites that report things like, "TOM CRUISE TO PLAY SUPERMAN IN BATMAN/SUPERMAN TEAM-UP!!!!", when not a single person on the planet, including Tom Cruise himself, has ever heard such a thing.

I say, strictly from a business standpoint, there is definitely going to be a KOTOR 3. It's too lucrative of a title not use it as long as it sells so well.

But as to when and from whom is anyone's guess.

they could easaily do KOTOR 3 with a new cast, a new main character and a new ship. The main thread of the the kotor series so far is of the republic, it's times of turmoil during the Jedi civil war and it's struggle for survival in the aftermath. 

The characters of the games are just narratives for that story thread. KOTOR 3 can easily carry on that thread with a new character, say a padawan, and use that character to deliver the narrative of how the republic is rebuilding itself or how it's faring against the threat of the true sith.

They already did that with the second game. Not a new ship mind you but for the most part a new crew and new character. If they are going to do that route, again, it would be lame. Just because it works the first time doesn't mean they should use the same tactic. Using the same story hook over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again is stupid.

They already did that with the second game. Not a new ship mind you but for the most part a new crew and new character. If they are going to do that route, again, it would be lame. Just because it works the first time doesn't mean they should use the same tactic. Using the same story hook over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again is stupid.

wow...that was witty visc. It would be stupid if the story was character based. guess what, it's not. The narrative is character driven, but the main story revolves around the fate of the republic and the jedi's place in it.

Just because it fails to fall within your remarkably narrow idea of how it must be just illustrates your inability to see past your own personal biases. If anything, using the same characters to drive a new narrative would be the stupid move, both storywise as well as balance wise.

don't mind me though, i've learned long ago that you're going to bulldoggedly hold to your ideas regardless of any arguement brought before you. Carry on with your typical doom n' gloom naysaying.

wow...that was witty visc. It would be stupid if the story was character based. guess what, it's not.  The narrative is character driven, but the main story revolves around the fate of the republic and the jedi's place in it. 

That is pretty much the dumbest statement I ever seen over the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic line.

I know some might think this is some kind of personal attack but truth is I am striken with such a ignorant comment, this person just fails to realize the theme of the game and confuses plot background filler with actual plot.

Do me a favor, go watch Ep I, II, IV,V and VI right now and then go watch Ep. III in a few months because I am getting feed up of the non Star Wars KotOR players basic ignorance.

drakron.png

wow...that was witty visc. It would be stupid if the story was character based. guess what, it's not.  The narrative is character driven, but the main story revolves around the fate of the republic and the jedi's place in it. 

That is pretty much the dumbest statement I ever seen over the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic line.

I know some might think this is some kind of personal attack but truth is I am striken with such a ignorant comment, this person just fails to realize the theme of the game and confuses plot background filler with actual plot.

Do me a favor, go watch Ep I, II, IV,V and VI right now and then go watch Ep. III in a few months because I am getting feed up of the non Star Wars KotOR players basic ignorance.

okey sparky, how about you point out my ignorance. citing the movies means nothing. The movies are character driven story's, specifically the story of Anakin skywalker/darth vader arching over the whole series and the old trilogy following luke and crew.

The GAMES are about the events happening in the republic. KOTOR 1 revolves around the events at the end of the jedi civil war. KOTOR 2 sheds more light on the events of the jedi civil war, the mandalorian war that sparked the jedi civil war, and lays the foundation for an upcoming battle. Since the main characters of the first game only carry over in brief cameos, you can't begin to argue that the story still revolves around them.

now, how about some examples instead of just shooting your mouth off.

You know TD, I am not going to argue over this any more.  It is a wasteof time and energy.  KotOR 3 will be the same crap over and over again, so be it.  I wash my hands of it.

no you dont. youll complain about it, but end up buying and playing it anyways. just like k1 and just like youll do when k2 pc version is released. :p

You know TD, I am not going to argue over this any more.  It is a wasteof time and energy.  KotOR 3 will be the same crap over and over again, so be it.  I wash my hands of it.

post-1139-1106772946.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Wrong.

KotOR is about redemption ... Revan have the choice of redemption and the only question is if he takes it or not, in fact the DS aspect ends up not fitting so well because its outside the game theme.

I dont know what TSL theme is but from what I gather is also dealing with a personal aspect of main character.

Both games appear to be character centered games, its THEIR story, THEIR choice and THEIR future.

As for my "go watch the movies" comments ...

How stupid can you be if you belive either the Republic or the Jedi Order will EVER be destroyed before the movies take place?

Nobody is going to belive the game if they do it, its a damn clear way to show the game have NO connection to the Universe since it going to contradict the future events we all know that is going to happen, if the game tries to do that ... well either the writter is a idiot or thinks the players are idiots (and he would be right in that case for a hell lot of people) since nobody will take that storyline serious.

drakron.png

Wrong.

KotOR is about redemption ... Revan have the choice of redemption and the only question is if he takes it or not, in fact the DS aspect ends up not fitting so well because its outside the game theme.

so you're arguing that redemption is the games theme, then admit that the actual gameplay doesn't fit this. So either the game is wrong or you are.

I dont know what TSL theme is but from what I gather is also dealing with a personal aspect of main character.

so now you're postulating on a game you haven't played. that's awesome.

Both games appear to be character centered games,  its THEIR story, THEIR choice and THEIR future.

see above

How stupid can you be if you belive either the Republic or the Jedi Order will EVER be destroyed before the movies take place?

Nobody is going to belive the game if they do it, its a damn clear way to show the game have NO connection to the Universe since it going to contradict the future events we all know that is going to happen, if the game tries to do that ... well either the writter is a idiot or thinks the players are idiots (and he would be right in that case for a hell lot of people) since nobody will take that storyline serious.

wow...just...wow. where did i saw anything about the republic or the jedi order being destoryed forever more?? Besides putting words in my mouth you're also talking pure non-sense.

The storyline is about the tribulations of the republic and the jedi order. From the Mandalorian Wars to the Jedi civil war, from the near extinction of the Jedi following the war and the precariously unstable position finds intself in after the wars. KOTOR 3 will very likely be about the republic and the jedi rebuilding and strengthening themselves.

I just can't wait to see wait goofiness you make up next.

Wrong.

so you're arguing that redemption is the games theme, then admit that the actual gameplay doesn't fit this. So either the game is wrong or you are.

so now you're postulating on a game you haven't played. that's awesome.

Both games appear to be character centered games,  its THEIR story, THEIR choice and THEIR future.

see above

wow...just...wow. where did i saw anything about the republic or the jedi order being destoryed forever more?? Besides putting words in my mouth you're also talking pure non-sense.

The storyline is about the tribulations of the republic and the jedi order. From the Mandalorian Wars to the Jedi civil war, from the near extinction of the Jedi following the war and the precariously unstable position finds intself in after the wars. KOTOR 3 will very likely be about the republic and the jedi rebuilding and strengthening themselves.

I just can't wait to see wait goofiness you make up next.

post-1139-1106774001.gif

post-1139-1106774109.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Much as Id like to beleive it, I wont until its announced by Obsidian OR Lucas Arts.

Fan sites are exactly that, fan sites. They are not real news sites.

Im as much a fan of KotOR series as anyone but people, calm down and wait for a responce or announcement from a legit site that can give official word. Otherwise your going to be chasing false hopes and made up dreams.

If KotOR's main theme was redemption, then I'd have to say TSL's main theme is the master-apprentice relationship.

Some would argue that TSL's 'theme' is life and the nature of the Force, but this really depends if you're outlook is an inter or intra-character one.

manthing2.jpg