Neverwinter Nights 2 Forums

The Guildmaster

We'd like to announce the grand opening of the Official Neverwinter Nights 2 Forums! Join us for a new interview with Ferret Baudoin, lead designer, as well as many of our developers answering your questions about the game!

We're closing down our local NWN2 forums here at Obsidian, but for now they will be up with links to the new location.

Please join us at:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com

Thanks!

The Guildmaster

"All those posts are gone."

Yeah, that's the only part that sucks. Not to mention, these baords are bare now with only the GD and KOTOR2 (kinda) forums worthwhile...

Sarge, don't whine because they banned your trolling butts. At leats Hades admits he deserved to be banned (9 out of 10 times!).

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This really sucks .... I don't post here ofter, but I enjoy the site the way it is.

really, can't obsidian afford the bandwidth for nwn2 anymore.

this move does not sit well. i guess it will be a long time before i post again about nwn2. although i am a member over there, i don't like their boards.

they're confusing and ugly .

oh well, business is business, i'll look in once in awhile i guess, but a little less happily :)

So what?

I followed the link expecting to see a new forum and instead I was redurected into BioWare forums and make 2 posts.

Go look at my posts there to realize they are several months old (about the time I got a Xbox and looked into Jade Empire, lost intrest real fast when seeing their "way of idiocy" aligment system) so I am not a active user, it likely going to be years before you see another post from me there.

drakron.png

Why are the forums at Bioware now?  It was my understanding that NWN2 was being developed by Obsidian.  Is Bioware doing this because they want their name associated with NWN2?

Minstrel

It was a marketing decision by Atari. They felt it would be prudent for the NWN "community" to be located in one place, rather than spread over two seperate sites.

It has nothing to do with Bioware taking over or Obisidian not being able to afford the bandwidth or anything like that.

newlogo.gif

There are several reasons why this is a bad decision.

First off the Bioware forums are ancient in their coding. It takes, even on DSL, almost a minute to fully load. I hate to see how long it would take on dial up. Next those forums don't have the options that these forums have. No custom avatars, no poll systems, and no attachments. Also they have it in that aweful color scheme of theirs.

These are all good reasons not to go to the Bioware Boards. Add to the fact the the mods and the developers there are a bunch of anal retentives that can stand any opinion that isn't from a gushing fanbois praising their games it is just a bad place to be.

This is a repost (slightly changed). But this seems to be a more logical place to state my complaint.

Someone let Obsidian or Bio know that Bio has too strong of a security system (or incompetent coding). From work I have never been able to post of Bio

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson