Which is the best Star Wars time period?

Which is the best Star Wars time period?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Star Wars time period?

• Sith Empire period (think from a comic series)
    • Tales of the Jedi period (from comics 40 years before KOTOR)
    • KOTOR period (both games)
    • Rise of the Empire period (prequels)
    • Galactic Civil War period (original trilogy)
    • New Republic period (covered mostly by novels)
    • Yuuzhan Vong period (covered by Salvatore novels)

My vote is for the prequel trilogy despite the poor effort by GL, i really enjoyed the duels between the jedi and sith. I have not really read any of the comics so i can't comment but i have read some of the novel set after the OT which i have enjoyed a lot.

But Ivan you missed one period out.....

The special edition Old Trilogy on dvd. :devil:"

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

My personal opinions:

The Golden Age of the Sith period : 7/10

The Great Hyperspace War period : 8/10

The Freedon Nadd Uprising period : 8/10

The Sith War period : 10/10

The Mandalorian Wars period : 8/10

The Jedi Civil War period : 9/10

The Clone Wars period : 6/10

The Galactic Civil War period : 9/10

manthing2.jpg

Basically its because there is still adventure available! The GCW just always seemed to stringent for my likeing. It was to cut and dry, good vrs evil!

:thumbsup:

And you prefer the KOTOR period because of that? A period where the Dark Lord of the Sith randomly burns planets to ashes for virtually no reason whatsoever, and every soldier and sailor in the Sith armada is a jerk for no other reason than because he's on the 'bad side'?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

New Jedi Order is the best timeline. the fact that so many important people die and the feeling that no one is safe was just what the expanded universe needed. so many good characters in the series too, like Nom Anor.. probably best star wars villian hands down

I agree. Nothing has posed such a threat to the jedi and republic like the Vong did. Vergere makes a training session with Kreia look like a walk in the park. I mean come on, what other jedi master taught "there is no dark side"? Also, they kill off a very memorable character in the first book.

Accidentally voted for Yuuzhan Vong....thought this was a "worst time period of Star Wars" poll. Darnit! @$$ $*@!%#$ @#@$@ #$@$ #@$@ !#@!#! $@!#$... Pardon me french but I hate Yuuzhan Vong period.....totally destroid Star Wars....I can never read any books after that series now. I always said, "Give a fantasy writer the ability to toy with a sci-fi series and then get ready to see a mob breaking down your door!"

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

The era after the ROTJ and the rise of Luke Skywalker.

Very true, but not the whole "Jedi Academy" thing by K.J. Anderson. Those books where soo not Star Wars...

Just ignore the books you don't like and eveyrone is happy :D :D

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Very true, but not the whole "Jedi Academy" thing by K.J. Anderson. Those books where soo not Star Wars...

kevin j. anderson has a tendency to make all his stuff over-the-top. it seems hes got to compensate for mediocre stories by introducing characters or vehicles of unbelievable power. otherwise people would just forget his very unforgettable stories.

Dont diss Kevin J Anderson, his books are awesome! He just tried to follow the old Death Star routine from the original trilogy, and it didn't turn out half bad as a matter of fact his books are probably the best SW books I ever read apart from Timothy Zane who is also a great author. At least Kevin didn't introduce an overly powerful species that can destroy everything on a whim and easily fight about as good as a jedi, if anything the Yuuzhan Vong where increadibly over the top and pretty much destroyed all Star Wars books that could be written after that saga.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Dont diss Kevin J Anderson, his books are awesome!  He just tried to follow the old Death Star routine from the original trilogy, and it didn't turn out half bad as a matter of fact his books are probably the best SW books I ever read apart from Timothy Zane who is also a great author.  At least Kevin didn't introduce an overly powerful species that can destroy everything on a whim and easily fight about as good as a jedi, if anything the Yuuzhan Vong where increadibly over the top and pretty much destroyed all Star Wars books that could be written after that saga.

no "author" came up with the yuuzhan vong. whoever is in charge with publishing from lucasbooks did. but anderson is the one that came up with the ridiculous power that exar kun had (yeah, lets make him 100 times as powerful as Vader and the Emperor) and the sun crusher (again, lets make a vehicle that is the size of a a-wing but more powerful than anything ever created).

i agree on the two previous posts on the vong stuff, but my contritbution is how fresh that series is, with the new technology n stuff, much needed change i think. it gave the license a whole new lease of life

No it completely opened up Star Wars to be turned into some half arsed power ranger wizard fantasy that reflects nothing of the original trilogy

Why did lucas have to allow a fantasy writer to toy with his wonderful creation....why why why??!!

The New jedi Order is what you get when you completely shatter the boundaries of a sci-fi universe, Jedi and the force are one thing but unstoppable lizard people with a green thumb are quite something else, especially considering that the universe wasn't made with them in mind (unlike the jedi) which makes it an even greater sin.

Edited for content

no "author" came up with the yuuzhan vong.  whoever is in charge with publishing from lucasbooks did.  but anderson is the one that came up with the ridiculous power that exar kun had (yeah, lets make him 100 times as powerful as Vader and the Emperor) and the sun crusher (again, lets make a vehicle that is the size of a a-wing but more powerful than anything ever created).

R.A. salvatore came up with the Vong, some idiot publisher passed it. Lucas pretty much just let a renoun fantasy author destroy everything he created and made Star Wars into an episode of the Twilite Zone.

As far as Exar Kuns power....I always thought that the Tales of the Jedi Comic came up with his rediculas power(or some other preceding literature)...and although I will agree that the Sun Crusher was way too overpowered, at least it was one of the Emperors creations and at least it was a mechanical device....just barely within the threshhold of the SW universe, most importantly about the Sun Crucher, however, is that they practically destroyed it forever.

However, now that I think about it the worst thing about the crusher was the rediculas armor it had that couldn't be penetrated no matter what....that fact did breach the threshhold a bit.

Edited for content

R.A. salvatore came up with the Vong, some idiot publisher passed it.  Lucas pretty much just let a renoun fantasy author destroy everything he created and made Star Wars into an episode of the Twilite Zone.

he had specific guidelines about what he could write about. have you read the little interviews and round sessions between the authors in the njo series and lucasbooks publishing? they told the authors what to write about and gave them instructions what not to use.

As far as Exar Kuns power....I always thought that the Tales of the Jedi Comic came up with his rediculas power(or some other preceding literature)...and although I will agree that the Sun Crusher was way too overpowered, at least it was one of the Emperors creations and at least it was a mechanical device....just barely within the threshhold of the SW universe, most importantly about the Sun Crucher, however, is that they practically destroyed it forever.

However, now that I think about it the worst thing about the crusher was the rediculas armor it had that couldn't be penetrated no matter what....that fact did breach the threshhold a bit.

like i said, anderson needs over-the-top powers or abilities in order to mask the fact that his actual story telling is mediocre at best.

The NJO series is awesome. I love how the jedi are in constant danger and can't use the force on the vong. I like the fact that jedi are getting slaughtered by something out there that poses a major threat. I find the vong to be very interesting and horrifying at the same time. They mutilate themselves for pleasure, creeepy.

All you kids are exagerating with this "njo ruined star wars! dumb fantasy writerS!" Please. Lucas has turned into star wars' worst enemy. I'm glad people have stepped up and have taken star wars into a fresh direction.

None of the above.

Wow, you're unpredictable as always..

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy