Kotor VS TSL

After playing both, which is ur fav?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. After playing both, which is ur fav?

• Knights Of The Old Republic
    • Knights Of The Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
    • I can't decide ........ yet
    • I like them the same

The fact that TSL is managing to stay in pace with KotOR1 is impressive!

KotOR1 was a return to the fundamentals of RPGs (Long since forgotten over the last ten years). It was a excellent game with only a few negative issues.

Obsidian should be proud that they have managed to keep that level of excellence with a sequel. Many sequels are let downs no matter what industry they are in (Video games, Movies, novels, ect).

I personally love both games, each has their strengths and weaknesses but both are top notch products. Cant wait for KotOR3 now :)

Both have their strengths, some shared weaknesses.....but overall, I love the part influence plays now, and how it will affect subsequent replays!

I'm on my second playthrough now, as a female darksider, Revan as a male lightsider (all things opposite from my previous game), and I'm just as sucked into it. I'm skipping some of them sidequests this time around, in favor of furthering the story and trying to make as many fall with me as possible -- GREAT game. Can't wait for a 3rd game!

Okay so if you make a Thread called GTA: VC VS GTA: SA, I don't believe Vice City would have even half of the votes of San Andreas. Why? Cause SA is truely a better game. Halo won't have half (Or any) votes compared to Halo 2 which is a way better game and a great true sequel.

My point is, it is a let down for Obsidian to see that almost half of the votes is saying they enjoyed KOTOR better. That is like saying many people enjoyed Halo better then Halo 2, that would be a dissapointment to Bungie cause that meaned that they failed to make a game better then Halo. Same for VC vs SA, it would be a let down for Rockstar North if half of the people said that they liked VC more then SA.

You guys makes it out as if it is an okay thing for KOTOR to have the same (Or even more) votes then TSL. Infact it ISNT. It just goes to show how TSL wasn't that great of a sequel like what Halo 2 was to Halo, San Andreas was to Vice City, MP Echoes was to MP, NFSU2 was to NFSU get my point?

You do a poll for those games and people would say the sequel was WAY better then the first. And thats how it should be.

The last time I checked, people is supposed to like the sequel to a game more then the orignal cause normally the sequel is better in many means. Not saying the orignial sucks but the sequel is by rule supposed to be the better of the 2. Too bad for Obsidian, that rule doesn't come into effect. HALF of the votes is saying that the first was a better game.

It just shows that we didn't get a truely great sequel like the other games, instead we just got a sub-par title that is highly equel (if not worst) then the original with only a few new things here and there but overall being the two games are about equel.

Halo won't have half (Or any) votes compared to Halo 2 which is a way better game and a great true sequel.

Huh?

Most people I've heard are saying what a disappointment Halo 2 is. Probably not a very good example.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Halo won't have half (Or any) votes compared to Halo 2 which is a way better game and a great true sequel.

Huh?

Most people I've heard are saying what a disappointment Halo 2 is. Probably not a very good example.

exactly. how about a poll of fallout 1 and fallout 2? I bet you the votes would be very similar to this one, where fallout 1 would have equal, or more votes, but that doesnt mean fo2 was a bad sequel.

same with the baldurs gate series. im sure the voting would be close between the two. same with the iwd series.

i think youre comparing apples and oranges. it seems rpgs tend to be "similar" to their predecessor and it becomes a matter of opinion based on the minor changes to story or whatever. whereas fps and clickfest games tend to have to out do their predecessor to be successful.

still a silly example if you ask me, since all it proves is that, judging from the poll, tsl is just as good as kotor.

Huh?

Most people you heard? I doubt you know everyone who bought Halo 2, so it's still a valid example.

Let me see....

Uh, no.  <_<

the story isnt as bad as you make it out to be. dont confuse technical issues and broken quests with a "bad story". im sure they hurt the story a bit, but that doesnt in itself make it a bad story.

I admit the story was ambitious, but the amateurish skills of the writer left us with an incoherent mess. Kind of like one of those last minute papers you need to hand in right before the end of term, where everything works out in your head, but doesn't make it all there on paper. :">

manthing2.jpg

ive seen much worse stories that are "hailed by fans" as masterpieces. i think the major difference is the fact people are jaded by the amount of bugs and broken quests/dialogue so they find every fault with the story, even some that arent there. ive been guilty of doing this on occassion when the bugs and slowdowns ruin my gaming experience. but overall, if you eliminate the technical issues and the removed or broken quests, i dont think the story would get as much critisism as it is getting now. guilt by association, so to speak.

ive seen much worse stories that are "hailed by fans" as masterpieces.  i think the major difference is the fact people are jaded by the amount of bugs and broken quests/dialogue so they find every fault with the story, even some that arent there.  ive been guilty of doing this on occassion when the bugs and slowdowns ruin my gaming experience.  but overall, if you eliminate the technical issues and the removed or broken quests, i dont think the story would get as much critisism as it is getting now.  guilt by association, so to speak.

I agree that the bugs just make the game crappier, although this doesn't affect the crappiness of the story. The story is kinda crap all by it self.

So whatever floats your boat (story or technical issues), there's plently of crap for everyone. :">

manthing2.jpg

Most people you heard? I doubt you know everyone who bought Halo 2, so it's still a valid example.

And neither I nor Tyrell know everyone who has bought KOTOR II, so if that's your objection, his whole point is rendered meaningless.

And neither I nor Tyrell know everyone who has bought KOTOR II, so if that's your objection, his whole point is rendered meaningless.

Yet, the numbers displayed by bungie on how many people are playing this game online prove something.

Yet, the numbers displayed by bungie on how many people are playing this game online prove something.

Actually, they prove absolutely nothing, at least in regards to whether those people liked Halo (which has been out for some time) better than the sequel (which is a new release.)

Just because more people are playing, say, Half-Life II than Half-Life right doesn't mean the sequel would win in a vote as to which is the superior game. Nor does the higher gross of The Phantom Menace mean more Star Wars fans prefer it over the original movie.

Actually, they prove absolutely nothing, at least in regards to whether those people liked Halo (which has been out for some time) better than the sequel (which is a new release.)

Just because more people are playing, say, Half-Life II than Half-Life right doesn't mean the sequel would win in a vote as to which is the superior game. Nor does the higher gross of The Phantom Menace mean more Star Wars fans prefer it over the original movie.

Ivan is correct here!

I have been playing SWG for the last year HOPING SOE would finally fix core design faults. So basically just been going through the motions. Doesnt make it a good game tho.

The last time I heard the Halo fanbase is buzzing crazy over Halo 2. The ONLY downside they say there is to Halo 2 is the ending, it leaves you in a cliff hanger. Other then that graphics, sound, gameplay, options, soundtrack, online etc....are ALL better in Halo 2.

Just admit it, TSL wasn't the sequel to KOTOR that everyone expected. I mean you can't sit there and say after you finished KOTOR for the first time and was thinking about KOTOR 2, you CANNOT say that TSL was what you had in mind.

The last time I heard the Halo fanbase is buzzing crazy over Halo 2. The ONLY downside they say there is to Halo 2 is the ending, it leaves you in a cliff hanger. Other then that graphics, sound, gameplay, options, soundtrack, online etc....are ALL better in Halo 2.

Just admit it, TSL wasn't the sequel to KOTOR that everyone expected. I mean you can't sit there and say after you finished KOTOR for the first time and was thinking about KOTOR 2, you CANNOT say that TSL was what you had in mind.

Just because it isnt better than kotor doesnt automatically mean it sucked, which is what your post implied (otherwise, why should obsidian be embarrassed). even if kotor is better, that still doesnt imply tsl sucked. there is such a thing as being a good game without actually surpassing the previous installment. its not quite as cut and dried as you make it out to be, where either it surpasses the first game or it was a complete bust.

I'm with Tyrell one this one. Despite TSL being a fairly decent game (bugs aside), as a sequel to a game which won 126 Game of the Year awards, it was still a major letdown. :)

manthing2.jpg

I'm with Tyrell one this one. Despite TSL being a fairly decent game (bugs aside), as a sequel to a game which won 126 Game of the Year awards, it was a major letdown. :)

but thats not what he says. he says obsidian should be embarrassed. that would imply that the game was a complete flop and thats just not a valid comment. as i said, not surpassing a predecessor doesnt automatically mean that, in of itself, it was a bad game. just look at the fallout and baldurs gate series that i mentioned, and which tyrell ignored.

but thats not what he says.  he says obsidian should be embarrassed.  that would imply that the game was a complete flop and thats just not a valid comment.  as i said, not surpassing a predecessor doesnt automatically mean that, in of itself, it was a bad game.  just look at the fallout and baldurs gate series that i mentioned, and which tyrell ignored.

NWN is right. Go look at the FO threads in the Gaming and RPG discussion forum. You'll see that roughly the same amount of people that thinks that FO is better than FO 2 say that FO 2 is better, yet everyone agrees FO 2 is a brilliant sequel.

Edit: :) Just re-read that, hope it makes sense

Just because it isnt better than kotor doesnt automatically mean it sucked, which is what your post implied (otherwise, why should obsidian be embarrassed).  even if kotor is better, that still doesnt imply tsl sucked.  there is such a thing as being a good game without actually surpassing the previous installment.  its not quite as cut and dried as you make it out to be, where either it surpasses the first game or it was a complete bust.

The bugs and glitches alone make it suck. You can't ignore them.

Just because it isnt better than kotor doesnt automatically mean it sucked, which is what your post implied (otherwise, why should obsidian be embarrassed).  even if kotor is better, that still doesnt imply tsl sucked.  there is such a thing as being a good game without actually surpassing the previous installment.  its not quite as cut and dried as you make it out to be, where either it surpasses the first game or it was a complete bust.

The bugs and glitches alone make it suck. You can't ignore them.

It sticks out like a zit on an otherwise beautiful face. :)

manthing2.jpg