Do you find yourself aggressive online?

romeo_longsword

"There, there now....we can't all be gifted."

Yeah, but at least people like you and me don't have to fear being backstabbed by brilliant and rapier like wits when unleashing it upon a physically superior yet mentally more insecure specimen. Lucky us, eh?

When you put it like that....

:p

He used too many big words for you didn't he. :D

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I am as hostile on the internet as I am in real life. If I see something stupid or I see someone being stupid I call them on it. I don't really give a crap about being political correct. Its a waste of time. The problem here is that I see more stupidity here on the net than I do in real life. :p

I don't think anyone is bragging about being aggressive, at least not where I come from. I have a short temper in real life and when I get drunk I tend to get into situations where fists start flying. It's a very embarrassing "curse" of mine, especially since I can no longer blame it on youth. Also, no matter if you win or lose, you always get some embarrassing bruises or scars to show for it. A few weeks ago I had to walk around with a blue lower lip for a few days.. Not very nice when you have to go to a job interview the same week.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm a lot more agressive online, because online I have time to think out my arguments before saying them, while in real life I don't want to sound like a knob so I generally just keep quiet.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A few weeks ago I had to walk around with a blue lower lip for a few days.. Not very nice when you have to go to a job interview the same week.

That's exactly what I'm saying here, mkreku! No more black eyes for me if I can help it. lol

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I've wondered about this myself. Judging by the type of arrogant, jerkish behavior I've seen online from some folks... well, quite a few actually... I really do hope they are more aggressive in cyberspace than they are in real life.

I guess there's a kind of smug safety in being cruel to anonymous nicks on the internet when they cannot reach through the monitor to shove one's teeth down one's throat.

:D

People can be more agressive online because of the aninomo..because no-one knows who they are on the internet. I've met some people I know from the internet in real life, and I was surprised by they way the acted in real life compared to the way they acted on the internet.

I guess there's a kind of smug safety in being cruel to anonymous nicks on the internet when they cannot reach through the monitor to shove one's teeth down one's throat.

:D

Except for me as it drives me up the wall when I know im wrong but I just not cowardly enough to surrender :D , but hell if I know Im right you can beat the crap out of me in real life it wont matter because I still will consider myself the victor :devil: .

I tend to act the same where ever. Don't really see much point in acting different, and since there's no subconscious shift or anything...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I am quite angry when ever I started talking somthing on the thread, but than I realise that the title of the thread is totally mismatched in what I am trying to say!

I was talking about rubbish (in my view) roleplayers in NWN online communities, now having read some of these post (which are quite funny), they all talking about fists fight type of agression!

Just to add, I totally dislike nastionalistic people, who are rude to another person based on nationality, and talk about war history to judge, to talk down on others.

I agree to an extent that having no real threat to your person makes it easy to be a jerk... but I think there is a marked reason why people(including myself) end up more agressive online: trolls. and other various stupid people.

Where else than the 'net and particularly forums can you find a mass of heavily opinionated yet uninformed persons? Nowhere. Except maybe political rallies... and we all know how civil politics is.

Its the information overload of stupidity that brings out the worst in us.

GRRRRRRrrrrr!!!! :lol:

<looks at PM box>

<looks at Official Warning count>

I think I'm somewhat more aggressive online than I am in real life.....though lately there's a new kid in my P.E. class....total idiot.....I tend to treat him the same way I treat people online. I think it all comes down to what Pyronius said.....massive amounts of stupidity. Course I have no tolerance for stupidity to begin with; just rare I come across someone stupid enough in real life to piss me off as much as the overload of people online do.

I'm a rather small person though, and I really can't fight. However I've gotten quite good at running over the years...

**** all you n00bs. You go to hell and you die. Yes I'm hiding behind my anominittittyty. I am enlightened. Piss off. :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

You swine-hearted wretch! You wouldn't have the balls to speak that way if this were real life. Everyone knows the internet is fake!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You insult my honor, you hairy diseased rhinoserus turd! To battle!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What a bunch of sorry insult wannabe's :)

No flair, no natural flow, nothing truly aggravating. Go watch a Monthy Python movie.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time! :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein