Can KOTOR2 beat Halo2 in sales?

Actually it is about creating the character the best design or the best role play potential, depending on your goals. In a FPS, you just shoot. Also in many CRPGs there are puzzles and riddles that you have to think your way past. In a FPS, you just shoot. Another thing in CRPGs you can interact with the world in a more immersive way through not only interacting with others but also withthe environment. In a FPS, you just shoot.

Actually it is about creating the character the best design or the best role play potential, depending on your goals.  In a FPS, you just shoot.  Also in many CRPGs there are puzzles and riddles that you have to think your way past.  In a FPS, you just shoot.  Another thing in CRPGs you can interact with the world in a more immersive way through not only interacting with others but also withthe environment. In a FPS, you just shoot.

We kindof sortof agree totally, I'm feeling light headed...... :wacko:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

FPS you run to not get hit and you have to aim but you really just shoot what you see, it's not like the enemy is moving a 100 mph and if they are moving fast a machine gun will take them out easily.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

FPS you run to not get hit and you have to aim but you really just shoot what you see, it's not like the enemy is moving a 100 mph and if they are moving fast a machine gun will take them out easily.

If that's what you consider intelligent thought, then by all means play Halo. I for one play FPS's when I want to just log on and shoot some people, for games that I have to think about I turn to RPGs. Besides Halo is pretty mediocre as far as the PC FPS market goes, the only reason it's popular is that it dominates the console FPS market which is actually on a whole has been pretty crappy. If halo had been a PC only release it wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful since it doesn't really compare to the PC FPS's.

I played Halo for PC and found nothing amazing about it. Guess that's cause i'm use to PC FPS's. I can see, however, why someone who's only played the console FPS games would find it amazing compared to what they're used to.

I'll only play FPS on pc, its just so lame aiming with that control stick

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I do not believe KOTOR2 will beat Halo2 in sales. For one; it does not appeal to as many people, and secondly: Halo2 had a global release(which was honoured) and that helped tremendously.

Even here: In tiny Denmark, people were queing for the midnight purchases at EBGames, and that has *never* happened before. MS even had the MasterChief himself pop in for a visit, heh.

If KOTOR2 was to have had a chance at topping, or even reaching the sales of Halo2, then LA/Obsidian should have kept their word on the simultanious release. But since they haven't they'll lose money; and I'm fine with that.

The more I read these thread the more I see mindless and idiotic posts piling up. RPGs are probaly the least intelligence required games, no need for decent aim, no need to know how to use ur weapon just let the comp do all that for you, whoever has the best weapons and stats wins. Don't bash the FPS genre just because ur no good at FPS games. It's rediculous to think that just because u don't like how something is played to say that it's a sucky overhyped game. It wasn't fun, in your opinion, in my opinion RPGs are only good for storylines, the rest is normal-crappy.

No offense is intended, I just don't like mindless FPS genre bashings

yeah that must of been my problem, i couldnt figure out how to aim, i guess im just not smart enough

<_<

like i said, the multiplayer is fun for a while, and i was good at the game, i played my friends in multiplayer, friends who had been playing that game for a long time, and i could hang right in there with them, a 12 year old could pick that game up

and yea, halo was way overrated because it was on consoles, its a good FPS for a console, but its just an average one for PC

every fps is the same as every other fps token multiplayer, token levels of difficulty, token 2d bad guys, token 2d everyone as far as character goes, token great graphics for its time.

all in all FPS games are just eye candy movies, the game with the biggest eye candy wins, the majority of gamers dont care bout a deep game, they just like pretty graphics and a game that they can try and own their buddies on

The more I read these thread the more I see mindless and idiotic posts piling up. RPGs are probaly the least intelligence required games, no need for decent aim, no need to know how to use ur weapon just let the comp do all that for you, whoever has the best weapons and stats wins. Don't bash the FPS genre just because ur no good at FPS games. It's rediculous to think that just because u don't like how something is played to say that it's a sucky overhyped game. It wasn't fun, in your opinion, in my opinion RPGs are only good for storylines, the rest is normal-crappy.

No offense is intended, I just don't like mindless FPS genre bashings

yeah that must of been my problem, i couldnt figure out how to aim, i guess im just not smart enough

<_<

like i said, the multiplayer is fun for a while, and i was good at the game, i played my friends in multiplayer, friends who had been playing that game for a long time, and i could hang right in there with them, a 12 year old could pick that game up

and yea, halo was way overrated because it was on consoles, its a good FPS for a console, but its just an average one for PC

I disagree with the overrated part, I loved the first game not just on consoles but on PC, and currently love the second one on consoles just as much, and it really doesn't change that much from PC to consoles IMO! :D

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

It doesn't really matter if it out sells it, I'm sure that its just going to be a **** load better, and if less people know about it so be it

KOTOR 2 doesn't have a moped's chance on I-5

against Halo 2. The Halo series by itself accounts for a

sizeable chunk of X-box sales over the last few years.

That can't really be said about KOTOR. :thumbsup:

What you should be asking is whether sales of KOTOR 2

will top the original, and I'd have to say yes, and probably

by more than the width of a lightsaber. :cool:

A couple of weeks back, I read in a newspaper (TheSun) that Halo2 has beaten any movie in it's opening weekend sales. My question is, can KOTOR2 do that, and whats more, can it beat the sales of Halo2?

Very doubtful. Halo2 has gotten much, much, MUCH more exposure.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

KOTOR 2 doesn't have a moped's chance on I-5

against Halo 2. The Halo series by itself accounts for a

sizeable chunk of X-box sales over the last few years.

That can't really be said about KOTOR.  :)

What you should be asking is whether sales of KOTOR 2

will top the original, and I'd have to say yes, and probably

by more than the width of a lightsaber.  :cool:

I dunno...I suppose that depends on how you take in the various factors. I know alot of people who've made it a point *not* to buy this game.(reasons stated) And I myself am still so-so.

I think that the marketing of this product alone will lead to a decrease in sales as most of the people I've talked to are using..."alternate methods" of playing Kotor2.

Can't say I blame them, I reeally can't. My own view is that this game might be good, but alot of people aren't gonna give Obsidian the benefit of the doubt after what happened, which will lead to decreased sales.

So nah. It won't top Halo2, it might reach the sales of the first game, but I wouldn't bet on that, either.

Anyone who pirates this game is a moron. People really need to get over the release date debacle, the complaining has gotten really old.

Easy for you to say: You aren't the one who put all your faith in this company and this product just to be slapped across the face with it, and played the fool for believing in Obsidian/LA.

And there's the simple fact that alot of people just aren't going to wait until February if they have a modded Xbox. I mean; why should they? They can get the game in December.

Easy for you to say: You aren't the one who put all your faith in this company and this product just to be slapped across the face with it, and played the fool for believing in Obsidian/LA.

I don't put my faith in anything but God.

And there's the simple fact that alot of people just aren't going to wait until February if they have a modded Xbox. I mean; why should they? They can get the game in December.

I have no problem with people buying the game to play on a modded Xbox because that is not pirating.

I'm buying the game in December for use on my modded xbox. I see nothing wrong with that. That

I absolutely hate piracy. Pirating a game, just for revenge (about release dates) is immachure and stupid.

I have no idea about modded XBoxs, but I have nothing wrong with people playing KOTOR2 on 1. Dont see how that is piracy.

Get over the release date changes, that was months ago.

Back on topic:

From the looks of things, it wont top Halo2 sales, but it should top original sales. Simply because you have the fans of the original (and if this forum is anything to go by, thats alot) and those who just want the game for kicks, or it looks good on the shelves etc.

I have no problem with people buying the game to play on a modded Xbox because that is not pirating.

I know it's not quite the same thing, but I find this statement a bit ironic and a lot hypocritical.

By definition, a modded XBox (or PS2) is stealing, since the reason for modding such a system is usually to be able to play games you wouldn't be able to without dishing out extra money to do so. For instance, most people have modded PS2 systems so they can play "burned" games. What are burned games? That's right, games that are borrowed or rented and then copied for FREE. Now unless the reason for "modding" a XBox differs greatly from PS2, then it's basically the same thing.

Btw, I'm not condemning anyone with a modded console system. But I just found it an ironic choice of words that I quoted considering that if it were up to the game companies, NEITHER pirating nor modding of systems would be permitted.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)