Level Cap

I have heard that the level cap had been romoved but what i'm not sure about is if it has been romoved completely or has it just been made higher because what i previously thought was that the cap was set at level 30. So what is the score???

Also what are your views on the level cap?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I don't think they've confirmed one way or another what the cap is or if it's been eliminated entirely.

Personally, I'd rather they kept the level cap from KOTOR1, especially considering the game is going to be about the same length. That means that we'll be getting experience points for pretty much everything we do in order to go higher than level 20.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can see your point but most people were able to get to level 20 by the time they reach the unknown planet and after that you still kept getting experiances points. So i think it would have been possible to reach atleast level 22 or even higher. So i welcome a higher level cap.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I like the idea of the level cap being around level 30 or so, cause it gives the player a chance to get more use out of the prestige class, since I am doubting that we will be able to obtain a prestige class at level 8 like KOTOR (saying you used every level up through taris). Also have we been given any idea as to long the game is exactly since they finished up? The last time we were told roughly how long it was, was back in august and akari said that was just a guess at the time.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I would love if the level cap of 20 returned. But that is not so :devil:

So I would like maybe a level cap of 20 on the hard difficulty setting. That would be cool. If not that then no more than 30 levels please.

If it is removed entirely it could be o.k. just as long as they don't beef up the exp. points for everything. If you got the same amount of exp. points as you did in KOTOR then it would be harder to level up. So I would welcome the no cap if they did it this way.

I just want the game to be hard.

I like the idea of the level cap being around level 30 or so, cause it gives the player a chance to get more use out of the prestige class, since I am doubting that we will be able to obtain a prestige class at level 8 like KOTOR (saying you used every level up through taris). Also have we been given any idea as to long the game is exactly since they finished up? The last time we were told roughly how long it was, was back in august and akari said that was just a guess at the time.

Err... how is a level 30 cap going to help you get more out of prestige classes? You know, most prestige classes have just between 5 and 10 levels. And by level 10 of a standard class you are already able to add levels from most prestige classes your class allows.

I for one would like it better if instead of rising the level cap, they had added multiclassing as an option. Now that would add to replayability.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Err... how is a level 30 cap going to help you get more out of prestige classes? You know, most prestige classes have just between 5 and 10 levels. And by level 10 of a standard class you are already able to add levels from most prestige classes your class allows.

I for one would like it better if instead of rising the level cap, they had added multiclassing as an option. Now that would add to replayability.

Surprised they dident make prestige in a exspansion rather than impliment this soon anyways i am sure it gonna be fun trying them.

Can you actually multi-calss in SW d20? Because that would be cool to try out.

I don't care one way or another about the level cap. What would be cool if you could do like in BG and change difficulty settings, but this time really make it hard when it says hard. BG was easy one way ore the other <_<

How many classes do you want? Can't you guys make up your minds???

Maybe they have changed the amount of xp you receive by killing enemies or solving quests.

And I do have the impression that there will be more sidequests this time around, thus more potential for xp points.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

this is a question for people who know alot about .. or have suffice knowledge of the d20 system ..

Was i considered a high level? let us assume that we take a normal jedi what would he be? lvl 10-15 or something like that? because in my mind lvl 30 sounds a little high (I only know the Ad&d rules) even a little epic ..

Fortune favors the bald.

this is a question for people who know alot about .. or have suffice knowledge of the d20 system ..

Was i considered a high level? let us assume that we take a normal jedi what would he be? lvl 10-15 or something like that? because in my mind lvl 30 sounds a little high (I only know the Ad&d rules) even a little epic ..

15 is high level, lv 10 under the d20 system is considered powerful and most jedi would be around lv3-lv8

In Star Wars there is little to do after lv15 since only a few creatures are above such level and in skill checks alone a lv15 could build a starship out of junk.

Epic levels were designed for D&D because AD&D had 30 levels and there was a lot of stuff that converted from AD&D to D&D would pass the lv20 barrier, also D&D is full of muchkins that like that kind of crap.

drakron.png

Hell, Emporer Palpaltine was only 19th level if I remember right and Darth Vader was at most 17th level.

Where could i read about SW d20 rules and stuff? and find out stuff like who has what level? I've tried some sites in sweden but they suck!