Levelling, loot and ninjas.

I like leveling. I like phat lewt. I don't care much about ninjas.

Thank you.

I believe you've made a typo miss Di. Allow me to correct it for you.

"I don't care much about ninjas."

Undoubtedly should've read:

"Ninjas are totally sweet, and if they are not included in Project X, I'll like totally flip out, and kill like 85 people."

Have a nice day, and you're welcome.

I like leveling.  I like phat lewt.  I don't care much about ninjas.

Thank you.

I believe you've made a typo miss Di. Allow me to correct it for you.

"I don't care much about ninjas."

Undoubtedly should've read:

"Ninjas are totally sweet, and if they are not included in Project X, I'll like totally flip out, and kill like 85 people."

Have a nice day, and you're welcome.

Thats one hell of a typo :blink:

I'm sure Di also meant to add

There should be an ancient katana discovered by someone that gives the person that wields it super mad ninja skills, but the person notices that (s)he loses control a bit more each time and (s)he develops a taste for sushi.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

~Di,

Ya, I played MW. Powergamed the hell out of it and enjoyed it a lot. There was a modder back in the day named Lady Di, I believe.

I just retired from a Time (the end game up to a week ago) guild in EQ, and I can't help but think of games in those terms. While playing Gothic1/2, I would run around leveling much in the way we would PL characters in Everquest.

And to derail this thread - was anyone else disapointed that loot didn't seem as "special" in ToEE as it did in BG 1 and 2?

loot didnt seem special in iwd2 either. most of the stuff was generic and boring. you never found anything that was powerful, everything was just average at the time that you found it. due to the lack of rewards and loot, combat in iwd2 became tedious, unfun, unrewarding and compeltely boring and pointless.

o.k firstly seppaku is not done by samurais or ninjas as it is chinese you are thinking of hare kari (slightly differant)

IMHO a game should be either european or asian not both as it's unbelievable and stuff. It'd be cool barehanded fighters from japan-karate and judo, from korea twae kwon doe (against mounted opponents), from china kung fu (also includes weapons and has like 12 differant sub classes). With weapons you have samurais and ninjas who also use martail arts. Theres Mongols by the way the mongols did take big cities, they sorta took constantinople (the biggest city of the time and is now instanbul). There also could be the ancestors of the cossacks if you want to stretch it for even more horsemen. There are many othes to boot.

Magic could be brought in with differant forms; ninjitsu, chi (mainly defense magic) horse magic, meditational magic etc etc.

o.k firstly seppaku is not done by samurais or ninjas as it is chinese you are thinking of hare kari (slightly differant)

Seppuku is Japanese. It's the formal term for hara-kiri.

Seppuku, (Sape-puu-kuu) the Japanese formal language term for ritual suicide (Hara-kiri (Har-rah-kee-ree) is the common language term.), was an intregal aspect of feudal Japan (1192-1868). It developed as an integral part of the code of bushido and the discipline of the samurai warrior class.

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/duchamp/410/seppuku.html

Also, many of us got our knowledge of what it was from the movie Ronin (which is a Japanese word) with Robert De Niro where one of the characters on the movie gave an example of how the masterless Samurai committed Seppuku because of dishonor.

@agris: Ah, I too enjoyed Morrowind... for the first 100 hours or so. :D Eventually I got bored wandering the beautiful world I had saved with my by-then-uber Tree Elf. I realized that the thrill of merely questing for questing's sake, exploring for exploring's sake, didn't last forever. I got so very tired of traveling, traveling, traveling. Take Strider to seaport, take seaport to city with mage teleport, take teleport to city closer to Strider that goes to city you need to visit to talk to someone who will no doubt send you halfway around the continent once more to pick a mushroom...

But it was indeed a world of my own. I don't regret a minute I spent in it!

Also, many of us got our knowledge of what it was from the movie Ronin (which is a Japanese word) with Robert De Niro where one of the characters on the movie gave an example of how the masterless Samurai committed Seppuku because of dishonor.

The story about the 47 ronin is for romantics. Go see Seppuku instead.