Mandalore is definately Canderous!

IT would be a cool concept if the Mandalorians really did have the ability of long life, like living to be 200 or something.

Who cares, madalorians are cowards, if their enemies are stronger they fight cheap.

I honestly cant say it thrills me that much, he may be okay i dont know for sure just surprised that they dident make other race npc or other character, than those that were in previous with but few changes.

Would have been alot cooler if a boba bountyhunter was in group instead, but i guess they wanted to have mira take that role.

hmmmm I'm not to sure about this...Canderous being The Mandalore?....no bickering just peice :p ...maybe it is Canderous but I wouldn't want all you guys and gals out there to give all your hopes up high in case its not Canderous....I'm just been weary in case its not.

Peace ;)

From the Casting Doc we sent to LucasArts...

Mandalore is 63 in Mandalorian years.

From K1, Canderous spoke of :

• (paraphrased) : "For 40 of your years, I've fought...."

• His first initiation battle as a "young mandalore plunged into the thickest fighting" above some world in his bassilisk war droid.
    i.e. Coming of adulthood @ 18 years

BUT, 5 years have elapsed since K1....

Therefore : 18 + 40 + 5 = 63

:ph34r:

Well, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the Mandalorian "coming of age" is 18 as it is in the US. They're a warrior culture. I would assume that they start initiating their warriors at a far younger age. 16 at the very latest, although I'd guess somewhere around 13.

From the Casting Doc we sent to LucasArts...

Mandalore is 63 in Mandalorian years.

From K1, Canderous spoke of :

• (paraphrased) : "For 40 of your years, I've fought...."

• His first initiation battle as a "young mandalore plunged into the thickest fighting" above some world in his bassilisk war droid.
    i.e. Coming of adulthood @ 18 years

BUT, 5 years have elapsed since K1....

Therefore : 18 + 40 + 5 = 63

:ph34r:

Well, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that the Mandalorian "coming of age" is 18 as it is in the US. They're a warrior culture. I would assume that they start initiating their warriors at a far younger age. 16 at the very latest, although I'd guess somewhere around 13.

According to one source it's 13

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Oh let me guess. A 13 year old boy carring a heavy reapeating blaster which is double in size and weight than him against a battle weary trained Jedi(Cand was about 13 at the Hyperspace war), a wild cathar, or next to a dreaded Sith alchemist, that would be interesting to be confirmed

There is hope beyond hope

Oh let me guess. A 13 year old boy carring a heavy reapeating blaster which is double in size and weight than him against a battle weary trained Jedi(Cand was about 13 at the Hyperspace war), a wild cathar, or next to a dreaded Sith alchemist, that would be interesting to be confirmed

The problem is we don't know how fast they grow, I mean they could be 13 but be adult size. So to just use how human children develope as a standard wouldn't fit (since this is a fantasy species in a fantasy univerese after all).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

People are different,maybe some people do hate him.

Where I wouldn't say I hated Can,I'll Take Carth or Zal over him in a fight.

Personality wise,Can was a thug with a big gun through most of the game until the Unknown world,if you played out his story. So if it is Can,a lot will depend on how they play him out. If the change it,some people who didn't like him in Knights might now. Most of the people who liked him in Knights pry won't be happy. So more then likely his personallity won't be all that different if he's in.

If it's not,you've got the leader of the Mandalorians,who's personality will pry be even more "Thug with a Gun" then Can's was. Other wise he wouldn't be their leader.

Just for the record, I loved Candy - He rocked. However hiding him as the Mandalore is a terribly lame piece of plot work. And go along with what Nuke said, Candy had began to change by the end of the game - the glories of war was growing weary upon him. Not the kind of Mandalore that I would expect.

For that I am afraid he is demoted to janitor. Still love the guy and if he was just "Canderous" I would be happy to have him back. I don't want him back as the Mandalore though - it's pathetic.

Just for the record, I loved Candy - He rocked. However hiding him as the Mandalore is a terribly lame piece of plot work. And go along with what Nuke said, Candy had began to change by the end of the game - the glories of war was growing weary upon him. Not the kind of Mandalore that I would  expect.

For that I am afraid he is demoted to janitor. Still love the guy and if he was just "Canderous" I would be happy to have him back. I don't want him back as the Mandalore though - it's pathetic.

Guys its been 5 years, if Mandalore is Canderous he will have a long story to tell.....makes for some great dialogue. Plus why wouldnt you want to use him? He's probably really powerful and it looks as if he can melee now cause he has a sword alot and he's probably alot better than this Atton Rand guy...

Hasn't it been obvious Canderous is returning

since day 1? :blink:

He's the only character (besides the driods) who can't be

killed, maimed, or otherwise disposed of in KOTOR, and

therefore, the first choice for a cameo appearance/returning

party member. ;)

Personally, I put this topic to rest a long time ago. But then again,

I'm the Master of All, maybe I'm blessed with a little more foresight

than the average person. :thumbsup:

>Yeah, that's probably it. :cool:

Hmmm...good thinking. It might be true!

But, what about the thing OXM mag said. All the ppl from KOTOR 1 are dead.

There is some debate as to what that statement meant. What was said is that "the crew is all dead." Some people think that the crew being referred to is the second crew that was on the ebon hawk with your new character in K2, and not the original crew from the K1 game.

Also, one thing that could explain how canderous became Mandalore: We know that some characters can only joing your party based upon your alignment correct? Well suppose if you say that Revan went LS, Candy did "retire" like he talked to you about doing. If you say that Revan went DS, however, things change. Remember, Candy swore to follow Revan anywhere.

What if when Revan fell again, she/he (who technically was Mandalore. I think the rule is if you kill the current one, you gain the title) gave the title to Candy, effectively "crowning " him as the new leader. He then swears the loyalty of the Mandalorian Remanant to Revan (who wouldn't want them on their side? Even diminished as they are, in the hands of such a brilliant military leader as Revan, they'd be a formidible force) for the upcoming war using the lure of the glory of battle, regaining their former strength, and claiming revenge on the Republic to spur them on.

This could explain how Candy becomes Manadalore, even though he talked about getting tired of fighting. He did it because Revan asked him to. Then when Revan went poof or whatever he just kept the title, feeling an obligation to his people. What do ya'll think?

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Hmmm...good thinking. It might be true!

But, what about the thing OXM mag said. All the ppl from KOTOR 1 are dead.

There is some debate as to what that statement meant. What was said is that "the crew is all dead." Some people think that the crew being referred to is the second crew that was on the ebon hawk with your new character in K2, and not the original crew from the K1 game.

Also, one thing that could explain how canderous became Mandalore: We know that some characters can only joing your party based upon your alignment correct? Well suppose if you say that Revan went LS, Candy did "retire" like he talked to you about doing. If you say that Revan went DS, however, things change. Remember, Candy swore to follow Revan anywhere.

What if when Revan fell again, she/he (who technically was Mandalore. I think the rule is if you kill the current one, you gain the title) gave the title to Candy, effectively "crowning " him as the new leader. He then swears the loyalty of the Mandalorian Remanant to Revan (who wouldn't want them on their side? Even diminished as they are, in the hands of such a brilliant military leader as Revan, they'd be a formidible force) for the upcoming war using the lure of the glory of battle, regaining their former strength, and claiming revenge on the Republic to spur them on.

This could explain how Candy becomes Manadalore, even though he talked about getting tired of fighting. He did it because Revan asked him to. Then when Revan went poof or whatever he just kept the title, feeling an obligation to his people. What do ya'll think?

there is no rule that says when if you kill a Mandalore, you become a Mandalore. Your theory is mute anyhow, because there was already a Mandalore KOTOR.

KOTOR 2 must be completed