For those of you who have read the new UK OXM..

Apparently , they have been slaughtered. Some may simply b presumed dead. I doubt any r dead.

The media will say anything for a good story. I highly doubt what that magazine says...

I have to agree with this. Do they even say where they got this info from? If they don't just a made up story.

To be honest one of the main reasons I want to get KOTOR II is to see how things turned out for the old crew, not just through conversations with others but to be able to talk to some of the characters first hand...and if that definitely isn't going to be included in the sequel then in my eyes it's gonna be a poorer game. I'm rather attached to my old Ebon Hawk buddies you see :mellow:

The feature does have an interview with Mike Gallo so it is straight from the horse's mouth as it were...there is a line towards the end that I've just noticed actually that says the game will feature "cameos from beyond the grave" but won't elaborate further than that...intriguing stuff indeed. :mellow:

I had a dream, and kotor2 was horrible, i woke up i released that the characters in my dream wern't from kotor2 and so i went back sleep and started dreaming about Pamela Anderson.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I still doubt what that magazine says. Until someone working on this game comes out and tells us themselves I think most of your party will be alive depending on how you answer the questions at the begining...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You'd never know that the entire cast of KOTOR had been slaughtered save for a single malfunctioning droid.

Huh. Wouldn't that imply Revan was slaughtered as well? :ph34r:

I can't think of anything worse to the plot than having all the cast from KotOR killed for TSL (well... except for memory loss maybe :mellow: ). These characters are an appeal to the game, hence they sell games. The devs know that. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I don't think it's true, it's from OXM anyways and that magizine is crap, the demo disks are the only good thing about it.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Personally that would be a little hard to take.

I can understand if you chose D/S in KotOR then Reven+Bastila+Star Forge is a bit too potent a combo to write around. If alive and "intact" they would still represent the major darkside mojo and make the new group of baddies seem like bit players. In addition going D/S kinda "thins" the cast anyway. That being said though, simply offing them seems like poor plotting to me. Maybe a necessary evil however for the new story but I think I could do better.

However playing Reven as L/S gives the writers of KotOR II a number of other options that don't require invalidating or at least neutering the first game. The galaxy is a big place and you can hide them pretty much anywhere if it's too complex to find them an innocuous place in the new story.

Hell, a simple, "Reven and Bastila/Carth, weary from the battle against the dark side, retired to (insert out of way planet here) to shack up and raise babies" would probably satisfy most people. It would jar somewhat but would be a lot better then finding out they got snuffed before they had any time to enjoy the fruits of their labours. Heck with a bit of time I could prolly find a much smoother transition then that.

Damn, KotOR II may be a great game and although I'm sure I will love it, I just hope it doesn't destroy my mental/memory pleasure in KotOR I in the process.

Gotag

If you've read the KOTOR II feature in the latest issue of Official XBox Magazine were you as surprised (as I was) to hear that your entire squad from the first game has (apparently) been slaughtered in the sequel?? I thought it was a certainty that characters from the first game would appear to a lesser extent in Sith Lords...or are OXM talking out of their behinds?? I do hope so... :(

I haven't seen this article, although I do find myself wondering ...

i think this mag must of been full of bull****, in fact i bet my left testicle it is

so there

Ooooo... :-" :-" :-" What if they're right... Dam... hate to loose my left testicle....

hmm point, but hey huse gunna want it?!?! oh nd bsides im NOT gunna be wrong so theres not an issue neway, i was showin my confidence

Still.....

Wouldn't you fell less o a man with only one testicle... :D

Umm, holding all bets aside for now :ermm: I have the feeling that the article may be true in part. What was what it that Obi-Wan told Luke in Return of the Jedi?

• [Obi-Wan]... you'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend on our point of view ...

... Or something to that effect. It could be that the game's story is set in such away that the choices of KotOR have a significant impact on how KotOR2 proceeds. We already know that a DarkSide ending in KotOR would lead into the majority of the cast eliminated even before KotOR2 begins. These individuals that are dead, may have had great influence on the course of events had they been alive.

In short, the description in the magazine may be the "Official" variant of how the story proceeds for those who haven't played KotOR, and could care less about meeting the original cast. It would satisfy those who want the TSL story to be their own (as much as possible at any rate). However, this magazine may have only seen one side of the story.

I'm hoping the Lighter ending is incorporated to a strong degree as well, which would mean that the Galaxy at large has a slightly (though still significant for those of us who finished KotOR as "goodguys") different political composition if we indicate the LightSide ending from KotOR. For one thing, the original cast could be alive and kicking (although in a clandestine manner). And another, there may be one or two less Sith Lords to deal with.

All I know for sure is, if the original cast is gone, then those Sith Lords in TSL better start praying to whatever powers they believe in (most likely the Force, but that won't help them, since I'll be drawing on it too, and far more capably I might add :devil: ). Cause once I receive confirmation in game that there's no one left from KotOR, I'm gonna hunt down every last Sith Lord (and their pathetic servants) and make them PAY! :angry: Starting with that walking zombie, Sion (he only thinks he's in pain now, he won't believe his misfortune once he crosses blades with me :alien: ).

The feature does have an interview with Mike Gallo so it is straight from the horse's mouth as it were...there is a line towards the end that I've just noticed actually that says the game will feature "cameos from beyond the grave" but won't elaborate further than that...intriguing stuff indeed.  :alien:

More like lame stuff indeed, if its true. If they are going to have cameos have them, but I'd rather they didnt put them in at all if all we're getting is stupid force ghosts. And come to think of it half the crew weren't even force sensitive. <_<

All I know for sure is, if the original cast is gone, then those Sith Lords in TSL better start praying to whatever powers they believe in (most likely the Force, but that won't help them, since I'll be drawing on it too, and far more capably I might add :devil: ). Cause once I receive confirmation in game that there's no one left from KotOR, I'm gonna hunt down every last Sith Lord (and their pathetic servants) and make them PAY! :angry: Starting with that walking zombie, Sion (he only thinks he's in pain now, he won't believe his misfortune once he crosses blades with me :alien: ).

:ph34r:

... Cause once I receive confirmation in game that there's no one left from KotOR, I'm gonna hunt down every last Sith Lord (and their pathetic servants) and make them PAY! :angry: Starting with that walking zombie, Sion (he only thinks he's in pain now, he won't believe his misfortune once he crosses blades with me :alien: ).

:ph34r:

:devil: No need to take my ranting seriously. :ermm:

In one of the weekend programmer threads I asked Akari what PNPC would most likely NOT return in any form. He specifically meantioned that he thought (he wasn't 100% sure) that Juhani wasn't returning.

To me, that doesn't sound like he was thinking no one was going to return. Tho it doesn't rule it out.