Do You Think Your PC Will Be Stronger Then Revan

Why does Revan's legendary status have to mean he's the most powerful jedi as a fighter? Napoleon was a short squat little man. He's fairly legendary... Why can't Revan simply be an exceptional jedi and a legendary tactician, general, etc?

When you are playing there is no revan around to compare your powers with, so you won't know who's more powerful. Npc's still can say revan is more powerful, but in levels PC is.

Unless, in the time since KotOR, Revan has been quietly growing his skills and abilities as well. I doubt Revan would cease his progression from KotOR (barring his death), unless he decided on early retirement. Doesn't [Edit]sound[/edit] like him though, at least not like my Revan :ermm: .

In TSL, I'd be content with my character being in Revan's shadow (as long as Revan isn't dead; or fallen to the Dark Side, again! :alien: ). In fact, once I get the game, I'm gonna make it a priority to round up the old crew and track down Revan, and drag him back to the Galaxy at large. With him kicking and screaming if I have to :D . The Sith Lords can go suck eggs for all I care :devil: , I'll deal with them later. Those Sith Lords aren't even worth the time it would take for me to recall their names, so I'll probably not even bother learning them. Unless of course they're directly responsible for the loss of one or more of the KotOR crew, in which case all of them will have earned my undivided attention - much to their regret.

In TSL, I'd be content with my character being in Revan's shadow (as long as Revan isn't dead; or fallen to the Dark Side, again! :alien: ). In fact, once I get the game, I'm gonna make it a priority to round up the old crew and track down Revan, and drag him back to the Galaxy at large. With him kicking and screaming if I have to :D . The Sith Lords can go suck eggs for all I care :devil: , I'll deal with them later.  Those Sith Lords aren't even worth the time it would take for me to recall their names, so I'll probably not even bother learning them. Unless of course they're directly responsible for the loss of one or more of the KotOR crew, in which case all of them will have earned my undivided attention - much to their regret.

:ph34r:

...The Sith Lords can go suck eggs for all I care :alien: , I'll deal with them later.  Those Sith Lords aren't even worth the time it would take for me to recall their names, so I'll probably not even bother learning them. Unless of course they're directly responsible for the loss of one or more of the KotOR crew, in which case all of them will have earned my undivided attention - much to their regret.

:ph34r:

Hey, I'm only kidding :devil: .

I don't know if it's been said already, but Revan got a whopping 50 bonus force points just for being...Revan. Even though he had less powers than the other Jedi in KotOR, he pretty much always had more force points by end game. Since most of us probably only used a handful of powers over and over again, that's a huge boon. I doubt the protagonist in this one will have that extra nifty bonus. :alien:

--Gheralt

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would be a little disappointed if the new PC was dubbed as more powerful than Revan.

IMO, the new PC doesn't have to be more powerful in order for him/her to be the hero of TSL and confront the 3 Sith Lords. I just don't want every single new PC to become "more powerful" than the one before him/her.

I think since KOTOR went out of their way to portray Revan as a uber-powerful Jedi, then the series should continue with this fact in mind and adjust their characters accordingly.

I'd be more than content to have my Jedi be powerful enough to face the Sith Lords, but not so powerful that Revan's legacy is tarnished by it. Look at the movies. Yoda was pretty much considered the most powerful (in terms of command of the Force) Jedi Master, yet Luke was the one that took on the Empire, Vader and the Emperor. The movies didn't have to make Luke more powerful than Yoda in order for him to be the saviour of the galaxy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would be a little disappointed if the new PC was dubbed as more powerful than Revan.

IMO, the new PC doesn't have to be more powerful in order for him/her to be the hero of TSL and confront the 3 Sith Lords.  I just don't want every single new PC to become "more powerful" than the one before him/her.

I think since KOTOR went out of their way to portray Revan as a uber-powerful Jedi, then the series should continue with this fact in mind and adjust their characters accordingly. 

I'd be more than content to have my Jedi be powerful enough to face the Sith Lords, but not so powerful that Revan's legacy is tarnished by it.  Look at the movies.  Yoda was pretty much considered the most powerful (in terms of command of the Force) Jedi Master, yet Luke was the one that took on the Empire, Vader and the Emperor.  The movies didn't have to make Luke more powerful than Yoda in order for him to be the saviour of the galaxy.

The only reason Revan was established as "uber-powerful" as you say is because people want to play the most powerful jedi. I dont see how that will have changed in the meantime.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

The only reason Revan was established as "uber-powerful" as you say is because people want to play the most powerful jedi. I dont see how that will have changed in the meantime.

The new PC can be an "uber-powerful" Jedi as well, without having to be rammed down our throat that he's more powerful than Revan. That's all I'm saying.

Less powerful than Revan doesn't = weak Jedi

All it means is exactly that. He's just not AS powerful as Revan. It can be a Yoda/Mace Windu thing. Yoda's arguably more powerful, but that doesn't mean Mace Windu is a wimp.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes it does.

after all he's going to get his ass handed down on him in EpIII.  :p

:)

You don't know that for sure. George Lucas might change his mind and make Windu turn in to Darth Vader. Afterall, it's a black guy's voice that Vader has, right? :ermm:

Being more powerfull than Revan would allienate players and make them feel KOTOR 1 was pointless.

i wouldn't think so; just because someone is stronger than revan, doesn't make revan a wimp.

besides, maybe revan became even stronger during the five years between kotor 1 and kotor 2. so that even if the pc is stronger than the revan at the end of kotor 1, revan might be stronger still...

The boards feel so slow today. :wub:

"Knights of the old republic" doesn't refer to Revan. Heck. It doesn't even have to refer to Jedi. We have Sith Knights and Jedi Knights. And our companions? They're "knights" in a fantasy term - Upholders of justice and chivalry or the black knight who comes to kidnap Sir Gwaine. :wub:

I imagine that "Revan" will be put in proportion to the PC. Besides. Candy says at a time that Revan was a "brilliant tactician" and Malak says "strong in the force". Revan doesn't have to be a good fighter. She just has to be able to command armies, think on her feet, and realize what can work to her advantage. That's a strength in itself (though it wasn't shown well in K1).

Think in proportion, people. Level cap of 20. Supposed level cap of 30. Revan = Major badarse darklord or Awesomely powerful Jedi OR "Jedi" who follows the jedi code but actually feeds off of her anger and hatred :"> . New Protagonist = Character who grows to X level. Good or bad. Chooses what she's good in. Can go up to X levels.

To keep it in proportion, Revan would have to be brought up to X level. Considering that she's got mucho power by the end of K1.

Oh, yeah. Here's a little thing we gamers forget: You may be uber-jedi or uber-sith, but an ambush can still do you in. :lol: As can HORDES and HORDES or enemies. Just like in real life. :wub:

Edit: Geez, I need a smilie limit.

Fnord.

Isn't level 30 almost (or indeed) God-like?? I've read somewhere that Vader was "only" lvl 18 or something? and he seemed like a badass! :)

and in case lvl 20 is extremly high in the SW univers, how can you justify a former jedi that reconnects with the force, gets more powerfull than Vader, and almost anyone else ever heard, over a fortnight or a couple of months!?

So no .. I ceartinly don't hope that your character becomes the most powerful Jedi of his era! it seems a bit strange .. Even if you try to justify it with "its was the will of the force .. it was his destiny"

Fortune favors the bald.

Game mechanics don't always fit with in the story. The two are more often then not separate. A character's number level,used to help with in game battles to advance the story,don't always match with the characters level of power with in the story.

Ever play a game where your characters are at a very high level,you fight a boss,kill it in two hits,then the story script starts back up the characters are huffing and puffing like they've been through a war?

It doesn't always work to try and use one's game level to measure how strong they are or are not inside the realm of the story.

Maybe there was something in there and I just missed it. But was there ever something that said how strong Revan actually was? From a story line stand point? The character was a great a Jedi who was an even better leader and that's how he/she was able to lead the Republic to victory. When he/she fell to the Sith that same ability to lead and the same skill as a warrior as well as the Force,along with the SF was what allowed him/her to hit the Republic the way he/she did/. But outside beating Malak for the title of Sith Lord and the strike team that landed on his ship(which a fight never actually took place),do we ever see or hear about him/her fighting another Jedi/Sith and winning? And I'm talking before the game starts,battles once the game starts need to be won to advance the story and any PC would have to do so,no matter what their supposed power.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the character wasn't a force to be taken seriously but I think a lot of this "Revan was untouchable" line of thinking has come in from bias. Which is fine,not knocking anyone. But from a story line stand point,do we know that Revan was untouchable? That he/she could have beat any Jedi/Sith he/she went up against? Far as we know,he/she never actually had to fight a Jedi Master,or another Sith Lord. Yes he gave the Jedi and the Republic a run for their money but that's because they couldn't get close to him/her. If a Jedi Master came face to face with him/her,would Revan have won? Do we know one way or the other? Or is a lot of it assumptions based off the like of the character? Which again,there's nothing wrong with.

Was Revan powerful? Without a doubt,but the question is exactly how powerful was he/she? Yes he/she was in charge of the Sith but Revan beat Malak for the title,and most of the others were just Jedi that followed him. Did that ever challenge him/her? Malak wasn't exactly great at his job,so beating him doesn't make Revan the best ever.

Again,not knocking Revan,I liked the character. I'm just curious why he/she is always consider some super powerful,can't be beat,Jedi/Sith. Number levels and stats I know,but they don't always apply to the story. Working your way through the SF is something but that's just a way to advance the story,any PC they put in there would do the same so the story would continue on. I'm looking for something from with in the actual story that I may have missed that states where Revan showed he was the best,one on one,against any other Jedi or Sith. Or is this idea based more on how much people have grown to like the character?

Heh,*looks up*...Man I was bored. :p

Was Revan powerful? Without a doubt,but the question is exactly how powerful was he/she? Yes he/she was in charge of the Sith but Revan beat Malak for the title,and most of the others were just Jedi that followed him. Did that ever challenge him/her? Malak wasn't exactly great at his job,so beating him doesn't make Revan the best ever.

It is the way of the Sith that the strong must rule, and the weak must die. Revan ruled until Malak's betrayal, so it's safe to assume that Revan was the strongest of the bunch. That alone would make him/her more powerful than all of the Jedi that followed him/her. It is also an obvious fact that Malak was scared as hell of dealing with Revan face to face, before and after the memory loss.

Malak sucked as a strategist, from what you can gather through the game. That doesn't mean he's not an extremely powerful force user. Once I saw Malak's WotC PnP stats (on the Star Forge), and believe me, he's mean, even more so than Vader himself. And yet he was effortlessly owned in the end. By guess who... Revan. :p"

Again,not knocking Revan,I liked the character. I'm just curious why he/she is always consider some super powerful,can't be beat,Jedi/Sith. Number levels and stats I know,but they don't always apply to the story. Working your way through the SF is something but that's just a way to advance the story,any PC they put in there would do the same so the story would continue on. I'm looking for something from with in the actual story that I may have missed that states where Revan showed he was the best,one on one,against any other Jedi or Sith. Or is this idea based more on how much people have grown to like the character?

Revan was strong in the Force, you have admitted that yourself. Yoda says: "my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.", and we all know how much ass Yoda can kick if needed. Revan was able to cut down a lot of dark Jedi, Sith apprentices, and elite soldiers just to get to Malak. He smacked the sh*t out of Malak even despite Malak's exploiting of the Star Forge. I agree, any PC would have been able to do that to get the plot moving, but it's not any PC we are talking about, it's Revan. The PC is the center of an epic story, and that PC is none other than Revan. The characters epic stories develop around are called legends. That alone is what makes him/her so powerful.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

well revan did kill a hell of alot of sith on the star forge, plus many sith masters, and malak. he wasn't sith lord for nothing, and it seemed there was no jedi that was nearly as powerful. Though i guess his power is to an extent, assumed by the fans. i like to think of my revan as a super powerful guardian type that would chop windu's head off with ease.

but one thing i didn't mention in my last whining is that the main problem i think is that your character has been a jedi all his life, yet apparently exhibits no exceptional abilities, and he has even partly lost his connection to the force. why should he all of a sudden become the most powerful jedi in the galaxy? though i'm sure he must be strong for the sith to want to hunt him down so much