KOTOR II: Lightsabers at IGN

neato  :thumbsup:  but uhhh..... does that mean we can learn up to six forms at a time on one jedi? or does that meant there are only 6 and we chose one.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it means that if we were to evenly distribute our form selections across the board, we would have a maximum of 6 forms, albeit at low levels. Presumably, we could specialize or focus on certain forms more than others, resulting in mastery of those particular forms, but fewer forms overall. :cool:

Think of it like Critical Strike, Power Attack and Flurry. You could get all 3 in KotOR at first level....but if you wanted to master a feat completely you could probably only do 1. :lol:

manthing2.jpg

ahhhhh i see. that is very logical, I'll probably only ever try to max 1-2 forms per char in TSL... I think on my first try..... I am going to go DS/Marauder.

That way.... I can master form IV and form VII to create a strongsided unpredictable form of acrobatic dOOm... combine that with marauder's Force Fury and the crystal that bonds to you and gains of your will (LS)/ hate (DS)... It would create an unbeatable Deth MashenE!!!! Now all I have to do is figure out the char. stats so i can properly plan it further. o:)

uhrmmm 4 isn't universal lol... that's yodas acrobatic form.. to me that'd be more consular because it even says he uses the force to spin and jump eratically. I would say the same about form 7 maybe or sentinel because it is more frantic open style... I'd figure guardian style to be basic combat like the form that is a moderation of the other ones, also the defensive one.

uhrmmm 4 isn't universal lol... that's yodas acrobatic form.. to me that'd be more consular because it even says he uses the force to spin and jump eratically. I would say the same about form 7 maybe or sentinel because it is more frantic open style... I'd figure guardian style to be basic combat like the form that is a moderation of the other ones, also the defensive one.

see I would put it this way

Gaurdian: Forms I, II, V, VII

Sentinal: Forms I, III, IV, VI

Counsular: Forms I, IV,VI, VII

Gaurdian: all the forms I listed are heavily combat oriented.

Sentinal: all the forms are balanced (neither heavy combat nor defense).

Consular: all forms are either force heavy or require a high level of discipline to control.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

It makes me think that the better forms should only be mastered by sith lords or jedi masters.. since they have good combat and an extremely high influence in force.

Since the prestige classes are merely exstentions of the base classes I would think that what one could get the other should be able to master. Maybe by cross classing it will open the PC upto a wide array of forms to choose from, while sticking to one set class type will allow you to focus on one or two and be able to master them. This is all working on the belief that the forms are restricted to set classes and are not open to every class.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I think its gonna be form II for me. :thumbsup:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

myself I think its going to be a toss up between forms IV, V, and VII.

AscendedPaladin.png

Learning the characteristics of the Lightsaber Forms, and switching between them as the combat situation changes, can allow a Jedi to prevail in what would otherwise be a fatal encounter.

It sounds to me like part of the strategy of fighting in TSL will be using the different forms. I would even say pretty confidently that that particular sentence is pretty direct in stating that you'll have to use the forms strategically, meaning you won't just go around with one form all the time like they did in the movies.

I'll do form III mostly, if it's a choice. It's very authentically Jedi, I think, in the way I would play one. Maybe form VII or II.

That is intentionally vague, because not everyone will acquire their lightsaber at the same time.

am i the only one here who finds this interestin'?

and id choose form II and III,i think.

also,thanks to funcroc for postin' the link. :D

see I would put it this way

Gaurdian: Forms I, II, V, VII

Sentinal: Forms I, III, IV, VI

Counsular: Forms I, IV,VI, VII

Sentinal: all the forms are balanced (neither heavy combat nor defense).

form three is VERY defensive. it even said obi-wan chose it because gui-gon didnt have a good enough defense

i choose form 3 becuse i like obi-wans style

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together