KOTOR2 At Christmas??

u know this how? i think everyone that says this are just evil little pecimists that want to dampen everyones spirits. besides go to lucasarts.com it says winter 04 fo release date

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

We'll see when we see. It may depend how quickly Lucas handles their end.

true knowin the flannal man he might delay it just to disappoint us like he disappointed us with his precious prequels. :D B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

did u ever notice that geaorgy pordgey named luke the main character of the OT after himself?

I'm not betting on it. But if it does, this one of the few times I know when a game actually gets released earlier than usual, without actual immense from the publisher to do so. I'm pretty sure both Obsidian Entertainment and LucasArts are more than willing to release this game, but I bet they are much more willing to hold back if they feel that they can't make it. Either way, I think it's still officiall February 2005, but it's up in the air.

In the weekend programer topic Akari said the date Obsidian has to have there part of the game done don't change. He also said that at one of the recent events someone from lucas arts said December for the release date and akari said that is a safe bet. I think a December release date is sounding better. :(

In the weekend programer topic Akari said the date Obsidian has to have there part of the game done don't change.

Which means, I think, that if anything will have to get rushed, it'll be minor sales concerns; like maybe preparing final fancy-looking advertisement teasers, etc. I imagine that LA is working on the voice acting, pre-rendered footage, etc. concurrently with Obsidian since I believe the animations and the dialogue sounding behind them have to be done together (?) In short, it seems it's entirely up to what sales-decision LA will make, that will determine the Dec. or Feb. release.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I think KOTOR II will be here by Christmas (Dec. 25). I don't think the Lucas Arts site would change it form "Feb. 2005" to "Winter" if they didn't plan on pushing it up to Christmas.

Lucas and his company are building up to the release of Ep. III next year. It kicks off with Battlefront and the OT on DVD this Sept. They then have to more cards to play - KOTOR II and Republic Commando. They want at least one in the Christmas rush. Commando has more to do with Ep. III, so I think it will be the one released next year. They need KOTOR II in Dec. to keep interest. Besides, I think KOTOR II would get more sales that Commando in a Christmas full of many high profile games.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Well in order for TSL to be an effective seller in the holiday season, it would have to come out within the first week of december to give shoppers plenty of time to purchase and retailers plenty of time to restock after the game sells out. And to me two months is a huge jump on the release date.

I think KOTOR II will be here by Christmas (Dec. 25). I don't think the Lucas Arts site would change it form "Feb. 2005" to "Winter" if they didn't plan on pushing it up to Christmas.

Lucas and his company are building up to the release of Ep. III next year. It kicks off with Battlefront and the OT on DVD this Sept. They then have to more cards to play - KOTOR II and Republic Commando. They want at least one in the Christmas rush. Commando has more to do with Ep. III, so I think it will be the one released next year. They need KOTOR II in Dec. to keep interest. Besides, I think KOTOR II would get more sales that Commando in a Christmas full of many high profile games.

They didn't change the date. They simply made it more ambigous. Instead of saying definitely "Feb 2005", they said "Winter 2004". "Winter 2004" can include up to "Feb 2005."

They didn't change the date. They simply made it more ambigous. Instead of saying definitely "Feb 2005", they said "Winter 2004". "Winter 2004" can include up to "Feb 2005."

no it cant its 04. i know its the same winter but 04 means this year :angry:

no it cant its 04. i know its the same winter but 04 means this year :angry:

Oh, yes, they can. I've seen many publishers do this.

BTW I got this from game spot

When the latest trailer for the role-playing game hit the Web on Wednesday, it riled up the already easily excitable fans of the first KOTOR. Besides revealing that members of your party will follow you as you turn to the dark or light side of the Force, the trailer also promised that the game will arrive in "winter 2004"--two months earlier than its previously announced ship date. However, a phone call to LucasArts revealed that the publisher may be using some variant of the Orthodox Christian Calendar, which celebrates Christmas on January 19. "Winter 2004 extends to February 2005," said a rep, meaning that there's still a chance Obsidian Entertainment's first game won't make its debut until next year.

When the latest trailer for the role-playing game hit the Web on Wednesday, it riled up the already easily excitable fans of the first KOTOR. Besides revealing that members of your party will follow you as you turn to the dark or light side of the Force, the trailer also promised that the game will arrive in "winter 2004"--two months earlier than its previously announced ship date. However, a phone call to LucasArts revealed that the publisher may be using some variant of the Orthodox Christian Calendar, which celebrates Christmas on January 19. "Winter 2004 extends to February 2005," said a rep, meaning that there's still a chance Obsidian Entertainment's first game won't make its debut until next year.

No offense to LucasArts, but that has to be one of THE stupidest excuses so far. I'm sure there are dozens of other variants of "yearly calendars", but typically, the one that most people follow is the whole "January 2004 to December 2004 is all in the year 2004. any month after December 2004 is no longer 2004".

Seriously, if the release date is going to be Feb 2005, don't use this "christian orthadox" crap and just come out and say it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No offense to LucasArts, but that has to be one of THE stupidest excuses so far. I'm sure there are dozens of other variants of "yearly calendars", but typically, the one that most people follow is the whole "January 2004 to December 2004 is all in the year 2004. any month after December 2004 is no longer 2004".

Seriously, if the release date is going to be Feb 2005, don't use this "christian orthadox" crap and just come out and say it.

exactly, i have never heard of another calender being used but since im not a man of the world i dont know for sure, but :D ill have to tell my mam about that calender, then she can tell everyone she was born in 1974 :D :p

Orthodox calendar? - This was a rhetoric joke of a Lucasarts spokesman. They took 'winter' avoiding to get concrete...

Astronomically winter spans from mid-december till mid-march (for the northern hemisphere)

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

In the weekend programer topic Akari said the date Obsidian has to have there part of the game done don't change. He also said that at one of the recent events someone from lucas arts said December for the release date and akari said that is a safe bet. I think a December release date is sounding better. :p

Eventhough Akari is positive about it, remember that KotOR II is still in alpha-stage. There's still a possibility that the game contains some bugs that yet have been discovered, which could lead to a delay.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Orthodox calendar? - This was a rhetoric joke of a Lucasarts spokesman. They took 'winter' avoiding to get concrete...

Astronomically winter spans from mid-december till mid-march (for the northern hemisphere)

but it also says winte 04 which means winter during this year

orthodox bastards.

i dont trust a religion that can turn you into a "vampire".

the should follow a star wars calendar. like the holidays of mandalore.

or something

P.S. wanna know more about the vampire thing. study and read up on Vlad the Empaler. the guy who drinks the blood of his fallen enemies. from i think their skulls

orthodox bastards.

i dont trust a religion that can turn you into a "vampire".

the should follow a star wars calendar. like the holidays of mandalore.

or something

P.S. wanna know more about the vampire thing. study and read up on Vlad the Empaler.  the guy who drinks the blood of his fallen enemies. from i think their skulls

this statement disqualifies you :p

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he