My theory on the Masked Sith's identity

I've been thinking about the Masked Sith, and I'm starting to think what if it's Bastilla? Here's my thoughts.

If you ended the first game DS, it would be an easy way for the Devs to write Revan out of the story. Bastilla killed him & assumed the title of Lord of the Sith, and takes on the currently assumed Darth Ni name.

If you ended as a light sider, Bastilla already showed that she's been tempted by the Dark Side, who's to say she didn't give in the the Dark side during the five years between 1 & 2. With no clear dark lord at the end of 1, it wouldn't be a stretch to assign the role to here. Again, she could have killed Revan, likely in a showdown with him that could be portrayed in a cutscene.

Alright, there's my theory. Do you think it's plausible, or is there something in the storyline I'm missing that nixes my thoughts?

Lucasarts said 'no mega plot-twists this time', so I doubt this.

Plus, it would piss me off royally if I went to all that work redeeming her only to have the developers yank the victory out from under me because they wanted a nifty plot device.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I've been thinking about the Masked Sith, and I'm starting to think what if it's Bastilla?  Here's my thoughts.

If you ended the first game DS, it would be an easy way for the Devs to write Revan out of the story.  Bastilla killed him & assumed the title of Lord of the Sith, and takes on the currently assumed Darth Ni name.

If you ended as a light sider, Bastilla already showed that she's been tempted by the Dark Side, who's to say she didn't give in the the Dark side during the five years between 1 & 2.  With no clear dark lord at the end of 1, it wouldn't be a stretch to assign the role to here.  Again, she could have killed Revan, likely in a showdown with him that could be portrayed in a cutscene.

Alright, there's my theory.  Do you think it's plausible, or is there something in the storyline I'm missing that nixes my thoughts?

Hmm, I missed that. Maybe Bastilla did a little side work on a certain episode of Seinfeld??? :)

I still think it would be a reasonable way to go with her character, though. Guess we'll have to wait & see.

EDIT: Hit the wrong quote button, I meant to quote you, Ivan. Sorry for the newb mistake.

here is a thought maybe its carth... maybe dustil tought him how to use the force and then carth and dustil became darth lord and apprentice? or hey maybe the masked guy is dustil... maybe some lucky SOB got to finally kill carth and so dustil being distrought over his newly found fathers death took up the art of the dark lords and became one in order to cope with his father death and kill the person who killed carth... hey its an idea maybe not a good one but still an idea :rolleyes:

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

What about the fact that Bastilla doesn't have to survive the first game? I'm not sure what choices we can make at the beggining of KotOR:II, but I do know that a dev said that some of those choices would decide whether certain characters would return. So it seems decently likely that we will be able to choose whether or not Bastilla lived through the first game, and if so, it would be hard to use Bastilla as one of the main Sith Lords. A minor character, maybe even a possible party member, but nothing essential to the story.

Of coarse, Obsidian has yet to give any specifics about what we can determine at the start of KotOR:II, so it's possible they may decide to assume Bastilla survived the first game.

Lucasarts said 'no mega plot-twists this time', so I doubt this.

Plus, it would piss me off royally if I went to all that work redeeming her only to have the developers yank the victory out from under me because they wanted a nifty plot device.

Maybe they said no plot twists so that everybody would be supprised when the twist occurs! Now wouldn't that make sense since they had a really big twist in the first game! :(

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yeah, so far, the masked guy being bandon seems alot more reasonable then some of current theories. At least that isn't that big of a jump then say Bastila becoming Sith again. I personally hope this guy is one of a dozen elite sith guard or something like that and u get to kill him! That or the masked person is actually Atris (look at the lucas arts website.....sure does hint to that).

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I've been thinking about the Masked Sith, and I'm starting to think what if it's Bastilla? Here's my thoughts.

If you ended the first game DS, it would be an easy way for the Devs to write Revan out of the story. Bastilla killed him & assumed the title of Lord of the Sith, and takes on the currently assumed Darth Ni name.

If you ended as a light sider, Bastilla already showed that she's been tempted by the Dark Side, who's to say she didn't give in the the Dark side during the five years between 1 & 2. With no clear dark lord at the end of 1, it wouldn't be a stretch to assign the role to here. Again, she could have killed Revan, likely in a showdown with him that could be portrayed in a cutscene.

Alright, there's my theory. Do you think it's plausible, or is there something in the storyline I'm missing that nixes my thoughts?

I don't know why, but every time I see that masked figure, I always think of Revan.

On a side note, nice name.

Is it not just the two extremes of atrius' character? one totally light and the other what she can become, i mean it has already been said that you will be able to influence others to the ds, but then again if the mysterious masked one has mans hands (i aint seen the pic yet) who knows

Yeah, so far, the masked guy being bandon seems alot more reasonable then some of current theories. At least that isn't that big of a jump then say Bastila becoming Sith again. I personally hope this guy is one of a dozen elite sith guard or something like that and u get to kill him! That or the masked person is actually Atris (look at the lucas arts website.....sure does hint to that).

It's hardly possible, becouse there is a wallpaper (concept art) where this Nihilus dude and Atris are fighting. They can't be on the same scene on the same time if they are the same person.

But what if the identity of the masked guy is depending on what choises did you make on the begining of the game:-) He could be Bastila, but he could also be Revan:-)

Yeah, so far, the masked guy being bandon seems alot more reasonable then some of current theories.  At least that isn't that big of a jump then say Bastila becoming Sith again.  I personally hope this guy is one of a dozen elite sith guard or something like that and u get to kill him!  That or the masked person is actually Atris (look at the lucas arts website.....sure does hint to that).

It's hardly possible, becouse there is a wallpaper (concept art) where this Nihilus dude and Atris are fighting. They can't be on the same scene on the same time if they are the same person.

But what if the identity of the masked guy is depending on what choises did you make on the begining of the game:-) He could be Bastila, but he could also be Revan:-)

Well. As concept art, it could represent an internal struggle or perhaps just represent a light versus dark side confrontation. I wouldn't read concept art as representative of what will really happen.

Revan will play a large role in KOTOR 2

Where do you get that?

And also it can't be Uther since you could have killed him.

Im positive i saw that somewhere, about revan playing a part in k2, dont mark my words though, and its a little dissappointing if he/she isnt mentioned or at least written out in a believeable manner