Darth Sidious and Palpatine

Yes, obviously, because they're the same person! But some people still think Palpatine is Sidious' clone. I'm saying that would ruin the drama. For the story to work it has to be Palpatine pulling the strings. He's the only one who benefits.

They have the same actor (Ian McDarmin), and they call the sith lord Emperor Palpatine in Episode VI...

Ive never seen or heaard them mention his name in the originals. What scene was his full name said?

Mon Mothma: "Emperor Palpatine has made a critical error."

...or something to that extent

They have the same actor (Ian McDarmin), and they call the sith lord Emperor Palpatine in Episode VI...

Ive never seen or heaard them mention his name in the originals. What scene was his full name said?

Mon Mothma: "Emperor Palpatine has made a critical error."

...or something to that extent

I know that scene. She says.

"The emperor has made a critical error"

Le donne sono da venus, la scopata sa dove sono gli uomini da.

For a different kind of Kotor chat

Sig.jpg

Yes, they are the same person, until lil Georgie decides to change it.... ;)

Which he could well do with all the other changes goin on.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

To hide to the public that he is a force-user since he made the galaxy hate jedi and if they knew he used the force they would hate him too and the rebellion would gain more members?

Well what about Darth Vader then

I think he is accepted by the public at large because he killed the Jedi, which will probably end up looking like the source of all the Republic's problems in Episode III. Just a guess, though.

Emperor used Vader to scare his enemies, that was why he was so well known. Also Vader was not your traditional Sith Apprentice. A typical Sith Apprentice is more of a second in command while Vader had very little decision-making power and was more like a thug who made sure the Emperor commands were fulfilled and that enemies were eliminated.

Now that Lucas has set this "Palpatine is Sidious" scenario up, he better not ruin it by making Palpatine a clone. That would be so lame. I wouldn't put it past George though, just to piss people off.

Betrayal - from those you trust - is classic drama.. No way would the mild-mannered senator from Naboo be a Sith Lord plotting a galactic empire! That's a revelation for the characters (not the audience) since we already know this. It's their reaction that creates drama. Palpatine has to be Sidious or that dramatic potential is lost.

The Emperor's body (from the time of the original movies) was probably a clone (I think I heard an estimite that he was the seventh clone in the RoJ) because of the rapid aging the dark side was inflicting upon him. I wonder where the Emperor got his cloning idea from? Has anyone heard of any other Dark Jedi that transferred his Force Spirit to a clone when he died (sounds painful)?

Has anyone heard of any other Dark Jedi that transferred his Force Spirit to a clone when he died (sounds painful)?

I don't think so; Palpatine was probably the first, but we all knows that Sith can survive for quite some time as spirits after their death. But the closest to Palpatine's example I know of would be the ghost/spirit of Marka Ragnos, who possesess Tavion near the end of Jedi Academy (LS scenario)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Vader had serious power. He had decision making powers and everything. And people do know vader uses the force. propeganda paints him as a tragic martyr for the cause of the empire (saw the jedi council was flawed; they couldn't accept it and tried to kill him; he survived but was trapped into a life maintaining suit).

Also, the Sideous=Palpatine was supposed to be a twist, but it was blatantly revealed in EP 1 (that was a huge mistake). If the coweled Sideous wasn't in that scene, it would have worked for a much better plot and a great twist.

Vader had serious power. He had decision making powers and everything. And people do know vader uses the force. propeganda paints him as a tragic martyr for the cause of the empire (saw the jedi council was flawed; they couldn't accept it and tried to kill him; he survived but was trapped into a life maintaining suit).

Also, the Sideous=Palpatine was supposed to be a twist, but it was blatantly revealed in EP 1 (that was a huge mistake). If the coweled Sideous wasn't in that scene, it would have worked for a much better plot and a great twist.

Yes but being a prequel (sp?) it would be hard for it to be a twist!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Not really. Just don't reveal sideous is palpatine until later and make it a twist.

Yes but who is gonna be suprised by it?

I think most people have already guessed!

Did you read any of my posts? I said that they gave it away in Ep 1 and that was a mistake. I'm saying that if they had a couple really subtle clues instead of blatently telling us it would have been much better.

Did you read any of my posts? I said that they gave it away in Ep 1 and that was a mistake. I'm saying that if they had a couple really subtle clues instead of blatently telling us it would have been much better.

Information revealed in Episodes 4 and 5:

1. At the behest of his Emperor Darth Vader murdered the Jedi.

Information revealed in ROTJ:

1. Emperor is a master in the use of the darkside of the force.

2. Emperor is named Palpatine

Unavoidable information revealed in TPM:

1. Senator from Naboo named Palpatine.

2. An unknown master in the use of the darkside of the force named Darth Sidious is plotting to destroy the Jedi and takeover the galaxy.

3. Sidious's plan is directly responsible for Palpatine's ascension to Supreme Chancellor.

In order for someone to be surprised by a "twist" revealing Palpatine as Sidious they would have to be at least 25% retarded on their father's side. :p

In order for someone to be surprised by a "twist" revealing Palpatine as Sidious they would have to be at least 25% retarded on their father's side.

My wife took a few friends to see TPM who had never seen the OT. So they could simply not know anything about the SW story.

In order for someone to be surprised by a "twist" revealing Palpatine as Sidious they would have to be at least 25% retarded on their father's side.

My wife took a few friends to see TPM who had never seen the OT. So they could simply not know anything about the SW story.

True enough, but ShinIchiro wasn't referring to people who missed the OT.

Given that the overwhelming majority of people who watched TPM saw the OT, I stand by my assessment.

To be supprised both ur parent would have to be 100% retarded making u 200% retarded.