Darth Revan vs Darth Vader

Who would win? Revan or Vader  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Revan or Vader

• Darth Revan
    • Darth Vader
    • It would be a draw
    • Not a buggering clue...

Besides midichlorians alone do not determine how powerful you will be.

True, very true. It also requires sheer talent and skill. Another area i beleive Revan and Vader are practically equal. i mean, in the short time both were darklords, they each subjugated the galaxy (well almost for Revan, because of Bastila and her Battle Meditation and Malak), and wiped out more than there fair share of jedi.

That has to count for something. Even against ol Exar Kun.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

I dont know much bout Exar Kun but 20,000 jedi all at once. That is way over the top. While i hav never read EU, i am sure it is a great series, but 20,000 jedi at once, it makes me wonder why some take it serioulsly (no offence).

Actually, I think it had to do with Kun drawing on the power of the Massassi temples to amplify his own Force abilities. He didn't defeat them on his own.

In a crude sense, it'd be similar to the Emperor drawing on the power of the Death Star and using its laser to blow up a planet using his own "ability".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

In a crude sense, it'd be similar to the Emperor drawing on the power of the Death Star and using its laser to blow up a planet using his own "ability".

I suppose it would, though a better example might be the planet Byss, which is covered in darkside energy (for what reason i do not know).

Actually, I think it had to do with Kun drawing on the power of the Massassi temples to amplify his own Force abilities. He didn't defeat them on his own.

Makes sense, but i still find it a little over the top

Temples multiplied power of Exar. that's why he was able to survive the jedi assault on Yavin (as a spirit though)

I see that most of you don't get what nature had the standoff between Exar and Jedi Order. Exar didn't fight in a lightsaber combat. It was his raw power of the force against joined power of all the jedi. I don't see anything impossible in this.

Hard to imagine and spectacular but not impossible.

Besides there is Naga Sadow who was as powerful as Exar Kun and blew up

Denarii Nova system with his magic.

Vader is a modern type of Sith.

Exar and Naga are ancient sith and ancient sith is more a magician than a warrior.

Revan was good strategist but it is the power of the force that counts among force users. Revan wasn't strong if he let himself be almost killed by one shot and later brainwashed.

If he would be so strong he could use sith magic that only the strongest sith can use...

Vader would be a great magician but in his times sith magic was all but forgotten.

So he remained a super warrior

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Lets not forget u r comparing long (and i mean long) dead sith lords, who had knowledge of ancient magics. Neither Revan or Vader will hav had their knowledge.

I know Revan is ancient compared to Vader, but compared to Exar and Naga, Revan, and he would be considered quite young.

Also, lets not forget that when Revan was brainwashed, his mind was aready practically dead apart from one spark of life (man i am starting to sound like Bastila, i really am a fanatic). He was injured by a blast from a hit on his bridge. He did not expect the attack, he should hav, but he didnt.

Revan and Vader will hav had a lot of knowledge in the force, they simply didnt use it very often, relying more on skills with a lightsaber, and cunning strategies.

That is what made them both so powerful and feared. not overuse of the force, or twisted sith magics, but skills with a lightsaber and cunning strategies.

In modern times (compared to Exar and Naga) the force is used less, because it became less important witrh the invention of the lightsaber by the sullustans. (who originally designed it to be used as a mining tool)

and 20,000 dont you think thats a little obsurd? thats CRAZY on man even vader could not fight 20,000 jedi at one time.

Jedi vs Exar standoff had a nature of psionic assault. Exar tried to wipe them out with powerful energies created by his sith magic and jedi united by Nomi Sunrider's battle meditation repelled this attack and turn it back on Exar...

His abilities or his physical look?

Kun was more of a "wizzard", in that most of his strength was his use of the Force. Maul seemed more like a "warrior", who was awesome at swordfighting and combat.

Agreed.

This week I've read the whole "Tales of the Jedi" comics, because they've been discussed so much on this forum.

I must say, I can't remember a scene where Exar attacked more than one or two Jedi at once. Though beeing equipped with powerful Sith toys (amulets etc.) he couldn't beat Master Ood on Ossus (for example).

And at the final battle on Yavin 4 he even didn't make an attempt to attack the Jedi. His only worry was to save his spirit with some kind of Sith magic.

During Exar's ritual the Jedi (still in orbit on their ships) created a massive "wall of light", "a flood that sweeps down to extinguish the corrupted power of the Sith and to stop Exar Kun".

I don't want to compare that with Vaders "career", but I think Exar Kun is highly overestimated by some.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

in what tales of the jedi series did exar beat 20, 000 jedi? the only spectacular feat i can remember off the top of my head is when he blew up an adjacent star or something to that nature when trying to evade some jedi pursuing him...even then he had the combined power of a sith amulet; honestly i think Kun will wipe the floor with both Revan and Vader, the same goes for Ulic Qel-Droma who was also an ultimate badass, but back to the topic at hand i'll go for Vader even though im a big Revan fan...

If your looking for a vader badass warrior type jedi in EP3 then you will be disappointed <_<

All im gonna say is in a fight between anakin and obi-wan in Ep3 obi-wan kinda almost kills anakin :o

Emporer palpatine will get in some quality saber action though...that guy has alot of pep for a 70 year old :ph34r:

And Vader would defeat Revan in a 1 on 1 situation purely because he had such an awesome command of the force

in what tales of the jedi series did exar beat 20, 000 jedi? the only spectacular feat i can remember off the top of my head is when he blew up an adjacent star or something to that nature when trying to evade some jedi pursuing him...even then he had the combined power of a sith amulet; honestly i think Kun will wipe the floor with both Revan and Vader, the same goes for Ulic Qel-Droma who was also an ultimate badass, but back to the topic at hand i'll go for Vader even though im a big Revan fan...

I think that was Naga Sadow who blew up a star.

Exar Kun didn't use only his power to defeat the Jedi Army. He, through the power of the Sith Temples, drew all the life energies from the entire Massassi race on the planet, united those energies with his own and then amplified them through the temples at the Jedi.

So it took the death of an entire race of Massassi and the amplifying powers of the temple to face the Jedi army.

An impressive feat by itself no doubt.

From what I remember from the comics, Exar really didn't impress me much.

He spent the first parts moaning to the ghost of Naga Sadow and then he cries to his old master, suddenly inherits the secrets of the Sith and thinks he's the MAN then at the end cries out scared to Ulic when he traps himself in the dark.

Then thousands of years later, he's smacked down by Luke's apprentices when touch some lightsabers to his shadowy self.

Sure he was powerful but also deluded by his own power....which ultimately makes him not so powerful.

I just finished watching Empire Strikes back and Vader didn't look too hot with the saber. He did use some force jump and pull on the surrounding area though. He also had the difficulty of fighting a battle where he didn't want to kill his enemy. So that was difficult. But if Vader struggled so much with a person who only had a couple days of real force training... I don't know. Plus Vader never was the sith lord, Revan was. I don't think Vader knew force lightning, my Revan did. Vader was once a whiny baby of a teenager, my Revan wasn't. Except Vader was smooth with the older ladies... I choose Revan for the final reason that Vader didn't seem to creative in his attacks. Why not just use grip on Luke during their first battle. I don't think Luke would have learned how to stop that.

Luke was no ordinary Jedi though he's one of the most powerful Jedi if not the most powerful ever that's why even though he only had a couple days training he was still able to hang with Vader. Also the reason Vader doesn't look as fast is because of the limitations of the old days so they couldn't be doing all those flips and movin superfast. If they remade the scenes I'm sure we would see Vader being even more badass. Also you talk about how Revan wasn't a whiny teen how do we really know this? We never see Revan in his teens. I'm guessing that Revan vs Vader would be a great duel but ultimately Vader would win as he simply has more raw power.

Lets not forget Vader held back in Ep5, because he didnt want to kill Luke. If Vader went all out in Ep5, there would be no Luke Skywaker for Ep6.

Revan was darklord of the sith, Vader wasnt, but hell, they each wiped out dozens of jedi themselves, so that makes up for Vader being only apprentice to Palpatine.

As i hav said before, we rarely see Vader use any force power during a duel (that was only seen in Ep5). In the end, in a duel between Revan and Vader, it looks like it will come down to skills with a saber.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

What are you talking about? Vader WAS a Dark Lord (even more legal that youngster DJ Revan who wasn't any heir to sith tradions, just simple darksider with dreams who said that he is dark lord)

Besides DJ Revan didn't kill many jedis. In fact he couldn't handle Bastila strike team and watched how she was slaining his guards...

O man just becouse some devs invented third quality character for some game

and presented him as a superman and genius it doesn't mean that it's true. They did it to tickle your ego and millions of other gamers. Simple manipulation. DJ Revan is dull and bad composed character and really compare him to Vader, central character of Star Wars...

I was hoping to play ordinary jedi of the ancient times whom I'll be able to develop into an experienced warrior. And devs kicked me with that incredibly stupid/idiotic story of a brainwashed dark lord that becomes a hero in a quest

copied from neverwinter nights. PATHETIC

I think that in case of dark side ending, Bastila would remove DJ Revan in a few years. DJ Revan held his superiority over her only becouse he was older and more experienced (just like Dooku and Anakin - excellent comparison hehe) and she was just a snotty teenager.

Besides to me comparing DJ Revan to Vader is as stupid as comparing Kyle Katarn to Luke Skywalker

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Yoda in his prime would own them all. :(

Hyhy possible scenario.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

This is silly comparison Revan Lives in a universe where every lowlevel force adept can cast force lightning,where a diamond can improve the chance to hit with a lightsabe with +3,where the force regenerates itself like a anime kind of uber power etc etc etc..

Agreed. KOTOR is a slightly different universe and has little common with reality of the ancient times... it's just a game and thus cannot be treated the same as content of books, comics, movies etc.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

In such giant project as KOTOR there must be mistakes.

That's why they should one year later release official expansion that would fix all

bugs and flaws and add 2-3 more planets.

KOTOR 2 should be released in 2007-2008

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

KOTOR 2 should be released in 2007-2008

First off U MADMAN. Both PC and international Xboxers must wait 2 extra months, which u were happy about, now u want it delayed until 2007 at the earliest. Can u ever be pleased, sheesh.

O man just becouse some devs invented third quality character for some game and presented him as a superman and genius it doesn't mean that it's true. They did it to tickle your ego and millions of other gamers. Simple manipulation. DJ Revan is dull and bad composed character and really compare him to Vader, central character of Star Wars...

If that is manipulation, then i like manipulation.

Vader was darklord true, but he was also apprentice to Palpatine. Revan was the master over an apprentice.

I was hoping to play ordinary jedi of the ancient times whom I'll be able to develop into an experienced warrior. And devs kicked me with that incredibly stupid/idiotic story of a brainwashed dark lord that becomes a hero in a quest

copied from neverwinter nights. PATHETIC

To be blunt, if u do not like KOTOR, why complain to us bout it.

In case u aint noticed, most of us here love KOTOR, and see Revan as a legend in himself.

True the story is very similar to NWN, but that doesnt matter, it is still a great story.

Besides to me comparing DJ Revan to Vader is as stupid as comparing Kyle Katarn to Luke Skywalker

To you maybe, but to many others, it is a worthy comparison.

Yes many hav said Vader would win, less hav said Revan, but they hav given credit to Revan with his skills in force and saber etc.

If you do not like KOTOR, dont complain to us, complain to the devs, as we normal ppl can do nothing bout it, and for that matter, most of us do not want to change anyting bout KOTOR.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Calm yourself I like KOTOR I'm just not blind to its flaws and want KOTOR to be even better.

Besides I believe that TSL will beat KOTOR in every cathegory becouse at last

real guys are in charge. And at last our hero will be ordinary jedi (Gallo wanted to continue DJ Revan's crappy story, but fortunately Lucasfilm forbidden that - these guys know what stinks)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: