Darth Revan vs Darth Vader

Who would win? Revan or Vader  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Revan or Vader

• Darth Revan
    • Darth Vader
    • It would be a draw
    • Not a buggering clue...

We've only stated our personal feelings don't get mad please...

Star Wars comics are great man. Better than books. I advise you to start with TPB they are easier to obtain and have a class. I buy individual issues only when there's no TPB planned.

Since this is KOTOR forum I suggest you begin with Tales of the Jedi series that is available on Amazon and B&N - I've posted TOTJ list so many times that I'm not going to repeat this.

Aside of this really great stuff is:

Crimson Empire

Crimson Empire II

Twilight

Darkness

Rite of Passage

Star Wars Tales 1

Defense of Kamino

Victories and Sacrifices

Last Stand on Jaabim

Light and Dark

Devaronian Version

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Darth Maul

Outlander

Jango Fett

Mandatory Retirement

I mean this is stuff that will not disappoint you, so you should begin with this

finally, someone on this board with some sense :p, i also will recommend the jedi series (count dooku, mace windu, they just released yoda) and the entire republic series, quinlan vos is the ultimate, until we see ep 3 though, we will not know for sure if vader is the greatest that every thinks he is...

Yeah you can get both of those in Clone Wars Volumes 3 and 4 I believe, along with stuff about quinlan vos (and Aayla Secura who as anyone can tell by my avatar is my favorite)

Anyway, a book I really liked was Darth Maul: Shadow hunter. Long live the dark side!

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

i like the one from dark horse myself, where he took out the entire galaxy-spanning crime sydnicate, the black sun if i recall correctly...man i wish they wouldn't have killed him off...

i like the one from dark horse myself, where he took out the entire galaxy-spanning crime sydnicate, the black sun if i recall correctly...man i wish they wouldn't have killed him off...

Actually I was refering to the novel that takes place just after that one, but that was cool too. (My novel even has a short story that is a prequal to the Black Sun incident)

Who said they killed him off?

About a month ago there was a new comic series issued and the picture they show to premote it is none other than Darth Maul with a mechanical lower half.

I sure as hell hope that isn't just a marketing gimic, Maul was the baddest ass of any star wars villian ever. Even if he was placed in the wost movie of the bunch, he's what makes it worth watching over and over again!

I'll see if i can find that for you.

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Actually I was refering to the novel that takes place just after that one, but that was cool too. (My novel even has a short story that is a prequal to the Black Sun incident)

About a month ago there was a new comic series issued and the picture they show to premote it is none other than Darth Maul with a mechanical lower half.

I sure as hell hope that isn't just a marketing gimic, Maul was the baddest ass of any star wars villian ever. Even if he was placed in the wost movie of the bunch, he's what makes it worth watching over and over again!

okay here it is

post-1880-1096951459_thumb.jpg

Looks like he needs to trim his horns a bit.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw this the first time lol.

Nur Ab Sal

Nice collections of comics you've written down there, but don't forget the lovely compilations of "The Clone Wars Volumes 1-4"

Thanks.

But I didn't forget, I've posted them already but without CW sign:

Defense of Kamino, Victories and Sacrifices, Last Stand on Jaabim, Light and Dark

I think that it'll be infinities-class story. It would be crappy to resurrect Maul. At least he died as a warrior. And now you want him return? So Obi-Wan could kill him again?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

GL did kill him off, he aint comin up in the movies no more, thats for sure, dammit i was looking for that picture of him but couldn't find it, lol, i remember seeing it on tfn, thanks

i wonder how they're gonna use him in the comics, my guess is he's gonna be lookin for obi...DAMMIT!!!! why in the hell can't GL come up with a decent plot\story\characterization for the damn movies then we get all this spectacular crap in the EU\video games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *vents steam* sorry for the little rant there, got caught up in the moment...

p.s. is it me or does his tech replacements look kinda like vader's...? just a thought...

Great pic, but why is he a robot  B)  I thought he had legs! He looks like a futuristic goat... or the DEVIL lol..... just habing fun now  :blink:

He's not a robot, the lower half of his body was... how should i say it... part of a permanent outplacement.

Nur Ab Sal

Nice collections of comics you've written down there, but don't forget the lovely compilations of "The Clone Wars Volumes 1-4"

Thanks.

But I didn't forget, I've posted them already but without CW sign:

Defense of Kamino, Victories and Sacrifices, Last Stand on Jaabim, Light and Dark

I think that it'll be infinities-class story. It would be crappy to resurrect Maul. At least he died as a warrior. And now you want him return? So Obi-Wan could kill him again?

Oops didn't see those on this list, my bad.

I don't want Obi-wan to kill him again, maybe someone else could, Obi will get his, and as i just bought the DVD's I can watch him get it over and over and over! Muhahahahahaha!

GL did kill him off, he aint comin up in the movies no more, thats for sure, dammit i was looking for that picture of him but couldn't find it, lol, i remember seeing it on tfn, thanks

i wonder how they're gonna use him in the comics, my guess is he's gonna be lookin for obi...DAMMIT!!!! why in the hell can't GL come up with a decent plot\story\characterization for the damn movies then we get all this spectacular crap in the EU\video games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *vents steam* sorry for the little rant there, got caught up in the moment...

p.s. is it me or does his tech replacements look kinda like vader's...? just a thought...

Yeah GL did kill him off... but that wont stop EU from bringing him back!

come on now, we all love that spectacular crap video games and comics... and books for me... damn I'm a nerd!

QUOTE(TheHutt @ Oct 5 2004, 03:43 AM)

Great pic, but why is he a robot    I thought he had legs! He looks like a futuristic goat... or the DEVIL lol..... just habing fun now 

Or a chicken! :blink:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

i say that nether would win...it would be the dude about a mile away with a mini nuke launcher...lets see the force protect you from that...

eee

Force push the nuke back to the sender!! ;)

then I would like to see how he will cover :lol:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

plus everybody knows dudes never win

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Just for teh record, if anyoen said bastilia woudl beat anakin and now says that Vader woudl be Revan is a flip-floppin SOB IMO :lol:

Vader in the Original Trilogy is old and weak compared to his former self. He was beat by his son the PADAWAN who had almost no training relative to most Jedi. Now, Vader as he would be Just after or towards the end of EPisode three would have a chance to beat revan, But other than that, no. Dooku Vs Revan now theres a match, yoda vs Revan is another good one. But Old Vader who lost touch with the force im between ep 3 and 4? No, I dont think so.

Vader would win no doubt

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

He's right, Vader is to slow, and don't give me the special effects defence (I'm perfectly aware of the limitations of 1960's effect power, but that doesn't change the characters any less). I've seen vader before, he would have been killed by Darth Maul, or Count Duku, or Yoda, or young Obi-wan, or even old Qui-gon. Sure Vader can choke people pretty good, but that doesn't work very well on another force user worth half his stuff. Sure Vader can absorb blaster bolts into his hands, but no jedi worth half thier stuff is going to be carting a blaster either. Somewhere between the Clone Wars and Luke's teen years, everyone forgot how to dance with thier lightsabers. Any one of those people I mentioned erlier could have countered and slashed Vader in half in one moves notice. As Reven fights at Prequal speeds, He wins in the saber department, as far as force power, perhaps he's slightly weaker, but as we know, even if one is slightly weaker than the other...

"This contest cannot be determind by our mastery of the force, but by our skillz with a lightsaber."

Chaos Rulz :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

age shudnt come into it!, look at yoda he kicked ass at the ripe old age of 700 nd sumthin, fine hes a little green alien, but then what about dooku? he must of been as old as vader is and he was still nifty with a saber, i can guarantee if lucas remade an original vader v luke duel it would be just as fast as the sequels. now that we have established vader is just as good with a saber as any jedi was (lets not forget his duelling skills are v hyped up in the sequels) all that ever held him back was 60s limitations, we can safely say he had way more raw force power than revan to, so the outcome is obvious. vader=with head revan=-head