Sith Lords: tenth most wanted

Why Fable is so popular?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

How exactly do they measure GPM? How rabid the fanbase is?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Bleh. GTA series = Most overrated games ever. :huh:

No

The GTA games provide infinite hours of fun when you're with a bunch of friends and have some good weed. B) I still play Vice City on my PS2. As a matter of fact, we're playing it right now. :p There's just so many things to do in the game (I myself am obsessed by doing stunts with the CPJ), and I still have the feeling there's more stuff to discover.

Yay for San Andreas. It is my most wanted game as well.

1. GTA in my book is fun. There are a lot of things to do. I have GTA3 for PC and every now and again I load it up and go on a rampage, making little challenges for myself like seeing how long I can escape arrest(or death) from the cops in one of those clunky vans....all the while killing innocent passerbys. Not as fun as KotOR!

2. Fable I've been wanting to play ever since I heard of it. Growing up and becoming a hero with tales of your exploits spreading throughout the lands! Cool.

The final product based on just reviews from numerous sites doesn't seem to live up to the hype, but I might pick it up one of these days. I'll have to buy me an Xbox or more likely an XBox2 though...not really on my high priority list.

3. Ahh..the Legend of Zelda. I used to love those japanese style RPGs. Games like Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past still give me warm feelings. I think Baldur's Gate and Torment and Fallout kinda spoiled me though. The overall atmosphere and storyline of those games just blew me away. I've tried to the recent FF games but I dunno, something about them just doesn't do it for me anymore....sigh. Someone recommend something good!

4 and 5. Halo....There was a time when I used to chuckle gleefully as I blew up enemies into little chunks of meat. I still enjoy the odd FPS now and again. I like RPGs better now though. Halo for PC was a cool game, though I don't know why people are so hyper about it.

6. Metroid!!! I didn't understand this game at first. The first Metroid I mean. I was used to jumping from platform to platform whilst snacking on mushrooms. Obviously my intellect at the time couldn't comprehend shooting open doors, finding new pathways and exploring, something I quickly remedied and have enjoyed ever since! I love the Metroid series(Mostly because Samus is hot..even in the suit). I'm thinking of picking up a GCN when I move to the States this Oct. Prices are down right?

7. I didn't really understand Metal Gear 1 the first time I played to as well. I wanted to kill the enemies not avoid them! Needless to say I gave up on Metal Gear until I picked up Metal Gear Solid in College. I blew away the semester playing that game and trying to pass all the VR missions. Actually I corrupted all my close friends too. First it was Starcraft in B-net then it was seeing who could get the best times on the VR missions. Haven't played MGS2 but I'm looking forward too...even though the story is supposedly really weird and you don't play as Snake. GRRR... MGS 3 looks cool though.

8. Resident Evil..bleh, I never really liked it. I rented RE:2 from a friend once because the cutscenes looked crazy ass scary. The game was boring for me though. Some people like it though.....I can't believe this is before KotOR.

9. I loved Half Life! Looking forward to HL2.....but not as much as KotOR

10. Ahh...in my opinion one of the finest games ever. This should be at number one!

On MGS2: yes, the story is weird and the character you play is a completely and utterly annoying whiny, effeminate prettyboy you want to punch in the face.

How weird can it be? Well...

What about a time traveling demonic crate...sent to take over the world..using big breasted drow chicks...and then you find out YOU' RE the crate?

I've played this game. What was it...

Oh, right. Metal Gear Solid 2.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

3. Ahh..the Legend of Zelda. I used to love those japanese style RPGs. Games like Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past still give me warm feelings. I think Baldur's Gate and Torment and Fallout kinda spoiled me though. The overall atmosphere and storyline of those games just blew me away. I've tried to the recent FF games but I dunno, something about them just doesn't do it for me anymore....sigh. Someone recommend something good!

Zelda really isn't an RPG or trying to be one anymore than Metroid or Metal Gear.

Zelda really isn't an RPG or trying to be one anymore than Metroid or Metal Gear.

hm, yeah now that I think about it. It isn't. There really is no leveling up or increasing your stats.

On MGS2: yes, the story is weird and the character you play is a completely and utterly annoying whiny, effeminate prettyboy you want to punch in the face.

How weird can it be? Well...

What about a time traveling demonic crate...sent to take over the world..using big breasted drow chicks...and then you find out YOU' RE the crate?

I've played this game. What was it...

Oh, right. Metal Gear Solid 2.

What? All I heard was big breasted drow chicks. :lol:

"hm, yeah now that I think about it. It isn't. There really is no leveling up or increasing your stats."

Funny.

Leveling up & increasing stats = RPG.

Ha, ha, ha.

Well, isn't it a staple of the RPG genre?

Taking your character through a story while progressively making him more powerful. Using your new skills to overcome new obstacles and uncovering more of the game.

Hmm now that I think again, Legend of Zelda does have these aspects to the game.

I've always wanted to try table top RPGs, but that kinda thing isn't popular in Korea.