Questions to Dev's, Take 4

Question for the Devs. Is there some great reason why Mandalore is hanging out with Republic scum, and not building his armies?

Oh, and the Mandalore Mask is Red, not Silver. In any account this is cool, because I will get to play as Mandalore and see him make an Appearance as the leader of the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars as well(hopefully).

Yet this does worry me to an exstent. Mandalore is a very special character to portray. A character like Canderous, is just another Mandalore warrior, who has the ability to change because he isn't the most special of the Mandalorians. Mandalore isn't someone who changes. He loves a few things, and that's his people,honor, and glory. This guy rules and entire sector of Mandalorians, a sector whom which he now has to rebuild. I just don't see the reason why the Lord of the Mandalorians is traveling with the crew of the Ebon Hawk, and not saving his people. Not to mention he's the best of the Mandalorians. I just want him portrayed well, and not just as some regular Mandalore Warrior.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Hey Akari, you know any (none spoiler) voice actors that are in K2?

Hm... Well, if you go to the official Lucas Arts website, the woman in red with the veil over her eyes is voiced by Kelly Hu.

I don't know any other names off hand. :devil:

-Akari

Is Jennifer Hale making a return, perhaps in a cameo role? :devil:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hm... Well, if you go to the official Lucas Arts website, the woman in red with the veil over her eyes is voiced by Kelly Hu.

I don't know any other names off hand. :devil:

-Akari

Is Jennifer Hale making a return, perhaps in a cameo role? :p

Yep. Thats how they decided to work brothels back into the game <_<

I don't know any other names off hand. :(

-Akari

Is Jennifer Hale making a return, perhaps in a cameo role? :thumbsup:

I notice a lot of the Star Wars games tend to use the same voice actors.

Y'll have said that there are 12 charachters, and you can have ten at all time.

If you have ten and you find anther one that you want you will be able to loose one for them.

But will you be able to go back and get them if they are needed later?

Y'll have said that there are 12 charachters, and you can have ten at all time.

If you have ten and you find anther one that you want you will be able to loose one for them.

But will you be able to go back and get them if they are needed later?

I think what they mean is that there will be more than 10 in the game, but some of them won't be available to you depending on your LS/DS alignment. For instance, if you're playing as a LS character, you'll never have certain NPCs available to join your party because they are strictly DS. And vice versa for DS play throughs.

In other words, big time replayability.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

really, I took it as there are 12 TOTAL npcs in the game and depending on how you play only 10 are available.

wouldn't it be 9 because the tenth be the PC? just kinda currious because I see everyone refering to there being 10 available to you at any point in the game and I was just kinda wondering.

Edit: while pointless now since it has been quoted multiple times; but is there going to be an extra space in the NPC screen or are we still limited to nine NPCs.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

really, I took it as there are 12 TOTAL npcs in the game and depending on how you play only 10 are available.

wouldn't it be 9 because the tenth be the PC? just kinda currious because I see everyone refering to there being 10 available to you at any point in the game and I was just kinda wondering.

I dont believe the PC counts towards the total of twelve, but I may be wrong. There is supposed to be one more slot (10) for NPCs than in KOTOR and Revan never counted towards that number in the first game.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

The short answer is: No, the PC is not one of the NPCs

Long answer: NPCs stands for Non-Playable Characters. That wouldn't include the PC, as you are playing as the PC (playable character). You didn't roleplay as Bastila in K1, but she was a character in the game, so she was a NPC (even tho you could physically have her lead the party and control her stats like the PC, you couldn't have her interact with anyone, it was always revan talking. You also got to pick Revans starting stats. You never were confused who was the main character in the game. Thats YOUR character). Generally tho, the main guy is the PC and everyone else is NPCs. I say generally because a NPC could kinda become the PC. In Japanese RPGs, were you don't get to pick your beginning stats and the "roleplaying" is limited in some regards, you can effectively swap the "PC" out for a new PC (which may be a current NPC). Like in Chrono Trigger when Chrono dies and you have someone else lead your party. The lines are blured in that case because there isn't much showing who the PC is besides for who you are currently controling and who the story focuses on.

For most decent PCRPG purposes tho, PC = the guy you create. NPCs = characters that you have limited control over.

Actually, NPCs doesn't actaully mean members of your party either. It could be people just wandering around the level and such. You would really have to say PNPCs (as in Party NPCs) to show you meant joinable NPCs, but whatever gets the point across.

The short answer is: No, the PC is not one of the NPCs

Long answer: NPCs stands for Non-Playable Characters. That wouldn't include the PC, as you are playing as the PC (playable character). You didn't roleplay as Bastila in K1, but she was a character in the game, so she was a NPC (even tho you could physically have her lead the party and control her stats like the PC, you couldn't have her interact with anyone, it was always revan talking. You also got to pick Revans starting stats. You never were confused who was the main character in the game. Thats YOUR character). Generally tho, the main guy is the PC and everyone else is NPCs. I say generally because a NPC could kinda become the PC. In Japanese RPGs, were you don't get to pick your beginning stats and the "roleplaying" is limited in some regards, you can effectively swap the "PC" out for a new PC (which may be a current NPC). Like in Chrono Trigger when Chrono dies and you have someone else lead your party. The lines are blured in that case because there isn't much showing who the PC is besides for who you are currently controling and who the story focuses on.

For most decent PCRPG purposes tho, PC = the guy you create. NPCs = characters that you have limited control over.

Actually, NPCs doesn't actaully mean members of your party either. It could be people just wandering around the level and such. You would really have to say PNPCs (as in Party NPCs) to show you meant joinable NPCs, but whatever gets the point across.

I realize that, what I was meaning though is there going to be a space for more than nine NPCs or is the group going to be limited to the original nine spaces that were featured in KOTOR? Also thanks for the info while not all that useful to me at this moment in time I am sure that some of the n00bs might find it enlightning as to what we all are talking about from time to time.

I must remember to be a little bit more clear in my post since some missunderstood what I was meaning :D

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

This is a pretty random question but...

What's the font used in the Knights of the Old Republic logo?

I've spent a good deal of time hunting myfont.com and identifont.com and a bunch of other websites to try to ID it... but no luck. Is it a commercial font? Free-ware? Or something made exclusively for the game series?

Anyone recognize the font (or any developers who know)? I'm referring to the part that actually says "knights of the old republic." It's pretty distinctive and has an irregular, almost sliced look. The "O" and "C" feature spikes in the inside of the curve.

You can see the detail better in one of the larger wallpapers.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

I realize that

:lol:

:'(

sorry 'bout that! :"> poor wording on my part. Not meaning to be an arse about it.

AscendedPaladin.png