Comment on Release Dates...

the rest of the game playing world gets jack and the feeling like we have been treated like dirt yet again.

See, just the fact you feel that way shows you're taking a video game too seriously. The point of a game is to play it, not be a centerpiece for little outbursts on feelings of neglect.

You feel like you're treated like "dirt" simply because you have to wait two additional months for a video game? :)

Either you're mentally disturbed or need to grow up......

the rest of the game playing world gets jack and the feeling like we have been treated like dirt yet again.

See, just the fact you feel that way shows you're taking a video game too seriously. The point of a game is to play it, not be a centerpiece for little outbursts on feelings of neglect.

You feel like you're treated like "dirt" simply because you have to wait two additional months for a video game? :)

Either you're mentally disturbed or need to grow up......

Well Im sorry if I dont like being lied too, which by any streatch is what LA and unfortunatly by extension Obsidian has done. That is what bothers me.

Are you purposfully trying to be insulting?

Play nice, or no more thread.

If you don't agree with the fact that people are upset about how LucasArts has handled things, there is no need for insults or personal attacks.

If you don't agree with the fact that people are not upset about how LucasArts has handled things, there is no need for insults or personal attacks.

Fair 'nuff? Thought so.

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

My comment on the Release Date.....Not sure whether it was smart on announcing it so early in September...Maybe late October or early November would have been better......Seeing how its September...and quite a few have to wait until Feb...it does seem quite a long time...I get my version in December...And when they announced it so soon in Sept i was like man thats still a long way...but oh well what can you do

I am as upset as any other PC gamer who will have to wait the additional 2 months or more and run the risk of spoilers. However, there is nothing we can do about it and having a go at each other is not going to get us anywhere, apart from banned from the boards.

It would indeed be appreciated if the PC game came with the additional content already on it, while X-Box gamers have to download it, like the first game.

*Pitches up a tent next to DarthRevan987's*

*Spreads word about a street rave outside the store to occupy my time....*

its only late september and the fact is the pc release date is still not as offical it still can be changed since thats alot of things can happen in a given month. feb 2005 was the orginal date that they were hoping in the press release. Since currently they aren't sure if the pc version will be done earily for a dec/jan release date .

debugging gets done in october sent to LA in middle of october to earily nov game goes gold either nov or earily december game gets ship in middle to late december.

normally it shouldn't take long after the debugging stage

but this is just my 2 cents

edited

also that its too soon to tell if its gonna be releaed in feb or sooner

i dont mind waiting for february 2k5 since the pc game will probably have a few addons the xbox version wont have e.g. in kotor, the mantle of the force and heart of the guardian were not present for xbox...

but the were there for DLC

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

It would be rather ironic if the PC version has extra content and then the US XBox users complained about it being "unfair" after giving us a hard time about "whining" about an early release.

Personally, I hope it happens.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It would be rather ironic if the PC version has extra content and then the US XBox users complained about it being "unfair" after giving us a hard time about "whining" about an early release.

Personally, I hope it happens.

Ahhh, so is this really a way just to get back at Xbox owners?, because I personally think that you don't deserve extra content for getting the game on schedule, no matter what Lucasarts said.

Ahhh, so is this really a way just to get back at Xbox owners?, because I personally think that you don't deserve extra content for getting the game on schedule, no matter what Lucasarts said.

nope. this is to see how many xbox gamers are hypocrites if they, themselves "whine" about getting the shaft if, in fact, the PC version gets additional content.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Judging by this ongoing discussion, I can determine three things:

1. Some PC gamers need to get a life.

2. "Simultaneous Release" was nothing but a crutch to please kids who feel the need to have idiotic feuds with console gamers. (and I am both a console & PC gamer)

3. The PC version won't be any less in quality by being released 2 months later. If your enjoyment is marred because X-Box gamers got to play the game slightly earlier, you need to grow up.