The It Sucks Thread

Thanks Akari for your post, it's really nice to see devs such as yourself that is concerned with player's feelings.

Like it has been stated by several others I too am not bothered much by the fact that the PC version is coming out 2 months after the X-Box. It's annoying sure, but hardly catastrophic as I've had experience like this with plenty of games before.

What truly disappointed me is the fact that from day one of announcing the game, every interview, magazine article and answer delivered said yes, both will be out together. Not that they were trying to get them out together but a definitive both will be out together. I even recall one person even said, it will not be like the first game where PC gamers had to wait, this time both gamers will have the ability to enjoy the game at the same time.

Then to further add to insult, I found out by looking at the news in Gamespot. The announcement simply said the dates with such excitement and indifference to what had always been repeated time after time, that it was disheartening. Further there wasn't even a small mention that the plans had changed because the XBox version was ahead nor any kind of apology or explanation for the previous remarks throughout the game's development for a simultaneous release.

I felt like my trust had been taken advantage of and that's why I am upset with the news. The waiting is merely an annoyance but not much more than that. It's a shame that this happened and it was handled this way.

Well said indeed, Muad'Dib. I think that covers what alot of us feel about this.

Well said indeed. None can put it better.

Yes, well said. I'd like to clarify that my previous post was in response to the people have the more extreme reactions to this news. The disappointedness I understand.

I also understand. (i know i had extreme veiws at first, but then i calmed down) Calm down, and then realise, that at least we do not hav to wait until after feb 2005.

I do feel bad for you guys but you could just get an XboX. I mean if you have a computer and the first game odds are you can afford to save $50 a month till December to get an XboX. Or better yet get one for christmas. Now I know all of you are saying Im not going to buy a XboX just for this game but that is your decision and you have the right to make it, but don't cry about not having the game till Feb. or whenever if you don't want to get a Xbox. Just like it was LA's decision to release the XboX version before the PC one and that can't be changed. As for the guys out of the U.S. I'm just sorry.

P.S. I am aware I will be hated for this post but it is just my opinion so please don't be to harsh. :(

I do feel bad for you guys but you could just get an XboX. I mean if you have a computer and the first game odds are you can afford to save $50 a month till December to get an XboX. Or better yet get one for christmas. Now I know all of you are saying Im not going to buy a XboX just for this game but that is your decision and you have the right to make it, but don't cry about not having the game till Feb. or whenever if you don't want to get a Xbox. Just like it was LA's decision to release the XboX version before the PC one and that can't be changed. As for the guys out of the U.S. I'm just sorry.

P.S. I am aware I will be hated for this post but it is just my opinion so please don't be to harsh.

Well if others hate u, i wont.

I did cry about it at first (as did nearly evry1 else) but now i accept it, since it is on schedule, and hasnt been pushed back into march and beyond, so for that i am happy.

Guest ChaosStorm
I do feel bad for you guys but you could just get an XboX. I mean if you have a computer and the first game odds are you can afford to save $50 a month till December to get an XboX. Or better yet get one for christmas. Now I know all of you are saying Im not going to buy a XboX just for this game but that is your decision and you have the right to make it, but don't cry about not having the game till Feb. or whenever if you don't want to get a Xbox. Just like it was LA's decision to release the XboX version before the PC one and that can't be changed.

P.S. I am aware I will be hated for this post but it is just my opinion so please don't be to harsh. :(

The only reason I am not going to be harsh with you right now is that I don't want the topic shut down for flaming.

Buying an Xbox for only one game however is quite a harsh descision should people make it. Besides KotOR the Xbox doesn't have that many great games. That is about the largest flaw in console gaming - and the reason I don't buy a console. The good games are usually unique to one specific console. KotOR to XBox, Zelda to GameCube.

I didn't buy a GameCube to play Zelda and I wasn't upset that I couldn't play Zelda. However - there is one major difference a lot of X-boxers simply don't (want to) see.

When nintendo announced Zelda for the GameCube they didn't say "we shall release it for the PC too on the same day!" no, they said (as everyone expected) "Sorry guys, GameCube only"

LucasArts however made a promisse and broke it. That is the whole issue. It isn't about the two months. Its about giving us hope on Thursday and kicking us with our faces in the mud on Friday. BLEH!

I guess my problem with the whole thing is I really don't want the story to be ruined by the game coming out at 2 seperate times. I know I didn't get KOTOR I until this past March. I know that it's much later than most people here, but that was only because I didn't have an X-Box and it wasn't till then that I had a computer fast enough to handle the game. But I decided to check out a fan site before buying the game and right on the front page of the site was a huge spoiler for the ending of the game. I'm afraid I'm going to stumble upon something like this again while waiting for KOTOR II to come out.

Another thing that is unique to my situation is that I'm actually appearing in KOTOR II. I won a sweepstakes and LucasArts flew me out to their studios to take my picture to be included as a character in the game (my avatar is my head). They haven't told me my "role" yet, but just thinking that all those X-Boxers out there will be able to observe my character 2 months before I even see it feels weird. Oh well. Such is life...

JediDan i agree with you 100%....People doesnt seem to realize that these people are working hard on this game.....Like Akari said on another thread earlier....The same amount of people were working on both the PC and Xbox version.....So there is no kind of favoritism of anykind....From what I understand they were already working on the xbox version before the pc version(dont quote me on that im only 90% sure).....So which version do you think would be released first????? Starting petition threads and stuff wont help...the Devs cant do much...Except locking these pointless threads that you people create....Your not making things easier for them

LucasArts however made a promisse and broke it.  That is the whole issue. It isn't about the two months. Its about giving us hope on Thursday and kicking us with our faces in the mud on Friday. BLEH!

Hope of what? Having the game on PC at Christmas? Sorry, doesn't look like it'll work out that way.

They never exactly promised either version would be out in December you know. February WAS the original date. The X-Box version simply will be finished sooner.

Oh and most importantly: It's just a game!

JediDan i agree with you 100%....People doesnt seem to realize that these people are working hard on this game.....Like Akari said on another thread earlier....The same amount of people were working on both the PC and Xbox version.....So there is no kind of favoritism of anykind....From what I understand they were already working on the xbox version before the pc version(dont quote me on that im only 90% sure).....So which version do you think would be released first????? Starting petition threads and stuff wont help...the Devs cant do much...Except locking these pointless threads that you people create....Your not making things easier for them

Many of us are critiscising LA, not the devs (because they do a great thing). Ok, if it was so obvious that the Xbox version was coming out first, why keep on saying that they're pushing for a worldwide simultanious release, when they knew that that wasn't going to happen? Why sell the game on that premise? The whole point is not the wait, it is the fact that several billion people have been lied to, and deserve at least an apology, if not a delayed release in the US for the xbox- LIKE THEY PROMISED

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.

"and I will do my darnedest in order to see that the PC and international gamers will NOT have that ruined for them here at Obsidian."

much props to you! I think there should be an Xbox exclusive section so people dont go there if they r waiting for PC. And a ban on any type of spoiler in the titles of threads(or maybe even a block on the thread names from the front page of the forums).

I know I would VERY much dislike it if Xbox version came out later then PC, and someone screwed the whole story for me :(

Ambrosia3.gif

Many of us are critiscising LA, not the devs (because they do a great thing).  Ok, if it was so obvious that the Xbox version was coming out first, why keep on saying that they're pushing for a worldwide simultanious release, when they knew that that wasn't going to happen?  Why sell the game on that premise? The whole point is not the wait, it is the fact that several billion people have been lied to, and deserve at least an apology, if not a delayed release in the US for the xbox- LIKE THEY PROMISED

Hmmm...and where exactly is this binding contract that Lucasarts signed in blood that 100% "promises" simultaneous release dates? And what makes you so sure they always "knew" it wasn't going to be happen? Did it ever occur to you that *gasp* they recently determined the X-Box was ahead of schedule and simply pushed it forward?

I do feel bad for you guys but you could just get an XboX...

It was very foolish to post that.

I am really not affected by this, I own a PC that can handle SW:KotOR relative well and a Xbox.

But I live in europe.

I expect Activision to handle this game with means everyone will finish it 10 times before its put in my country stores ... such is life.

However you must realize you are saying to people to cave in to a despitable tactic that is buying a 150 euros piece of hardware to play a 50+ euros game that I doubt that more that 50 hour gameplay, I personaly advice people to buy a PS2 over a Xbox since I own both if they want to buy a console.

The point is LucasArts decided to piss PC players with a rather idiotic decision after their PR was to assure PC players would not be screwed over as they were in SW:KotOR, they fully deserve all the hate they get.

I am very inclined to give this game a miss, I already did not had much hope for this game and this LucasArts PR fiasco is not really help then to sell their game to me.

drakron.png

Many of us are critiscising LA, not the devs (because they do a great thing).  Ok, if it was so obvious that the Xbox version was coming out first, why keep on saying that they're pushing for a worldwide simultanious release, when they knew that that wasn't going to happen?  Why sell the game on that premise? The whole point is not the wait, it is the fact that several billion people have been lied to, and deserve at least an apology, if not a delayed release in the US for the xbox- LIKE THEY PROMISED

Hmmm...and where exactly is this binding contract that Lucasarts signed in blood that 100% "promises" simultaneous release dates? And what makes you so sure they always "knew" it wasn't going to be happen? Did it ever occur to you that *gasp* they recently determined the X-Box was ahead of schedule and simply pushed it forward?

Someone has seen the light.........It is obvious thats what happen....Xbox was ahead of schedule and gave it the December release.....PC version isnt quite ready yet so kept it at the Feb 05 date....good lord like wild barbarians..lol...sorry for that comment...But think for a moment....

I was lied too as well.....But it didnt really effect me because im an xbox user....But I do understand where you PC gamers are saying.....But whats the point in makin a big deal about something that you know wont change?

But what if we could get the US xbox date pushed back? That would be a great thing- a victory of Cosumer rights of the money-making whims of some CEO who's probably never so much as looked at a game in his life. I appreciate that the publishers need to make money, but realistically, they would get the same number of buyers whenever they release the game, so why not just wait till Feb? What I'm saying is that if a publisher makes a promise like a simultaneous release date, then they should stick to it, or say, "look, we're sorry, we were over optimistic about that, whoops, our bad, tell u what we'll knock 10% off the price pre-paid by international xbox and PC customers". My problem is the cack-handed way this was delt with, like we've been cast aside for high Xmas sale figures in the US. In many people's eyes, their word means jack-**** and i'll stop ranting there, coz I've said this all before. :(

Why should being lied to be such a shock? I don't know about all of you but i've been lied to my entire life. by my family, my friends, my teachers, my government, and by corporations. This isn't a new concept. The situation sux but what can you do about? PC Gamers do have my sympathies as to plot spoilers being out in the open before they can even buy the game. If you don't like it Go buy a xbox. I bought my xbox for kotor and halo and so far I'm not dissapointed with my decision. Anyway who likes playing video games in front of a little computer screen? I play my videogames in front of a HD big screen with surround sound and would not do it any other way.

But why hold back on KOTOR2 xbox version seeing how its ahead of schedule and ready to ship soon just so that it can meet the same date as the PC version?They would miss out on the Christmas sales and some folks like to hit the stores for new years sales and stuff....We're talking about millions of dollars here....What do you think?.....These people dont make games just for the fun of it....They are looking to make a profit as well....After all these people do have families to feed....

But what if we could get the US xbox date pushed back?  That would be a great thing- a victory of Cosumer rights of the money-making whims of some CEO who's probably never so much as looked at a game in his life

ROFLMAO :)

Victory of consumer rights? More like victory of spoiled PC gamers. :(

So you want the X-Box version to sit in a warehouse for 2 months until the PC version is finished, eh? Yeah, it's crystal clear what's really going on here...... :)

So why not just keep thier word? No, it wasn't signed in blood, ur right. It wouldn't have hurt them to release everything at the same time like they said they would, in every magazine/internet article. They wouldn't lose out. But the way they've handled this- no apology or anything- has hurt them in terms of customer relations. Do you know of this phenomena? Bad customer care can often affect sales.

But what if we could get the US xbox date pushed back?  That would be a great thing- a victory of Cosumer rights of the money-making whims of some CEO who's probably never so much as looked at a game in his life

ROFLMAO :)

Victory of consumer rights? More like victory of spoiled PC gamers. :(

So you want the X-Box version to sit in a warehouse for 2 months until the PC version is finished, eh? Yeah, it's crystal clear what's really going on here...... :)

Topaz, why do you keep responding?

You've made your feelings known, but this is a thread for people to vent their frustrations. You're not helping matters by posting the same "its just a game" rheteric over and over to every post.

Read the topic title, realize it's a "venting" thread, and stay clear. All your posts are doing is enflaming posters to arguments.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

....After all these people do have families to feed....

Heh....these families must be huge by now, the money thats been made from the SW franchise :( the thing is we all have families to feed but we were still gonna shell out the money for this game, so I think we deserve some sort of recognition, however small <_<

So why not just keep thier word? No, it wasn't signed in blood, ur right.  It wouldn't have hurt them to release everything at the same time like they said they would, in every magazine/internet article.  They wouldn't lose out.  But the way they've handled this- no apology or anything- has hurt them in terms of customer relations.  Do you know of this phenomena?  Bad customer care can often affect sales.

They should apologize for choosing to release the X-Box version when it's ready and not wait until the PC version is ready? Don't you think that would be unfair to X-Box consumers? :(