Jedi Or Sith

Why someone would want to play a KOTOR game as a non-jedi is beyond me.  Also.  you don't have to use your force powers or lightsaber.  There are plenty of other weapons you can use. 

These militant rpg extremists amuse me.

In order to use the force you dont need to be a jedi, Obi even pointed to Han his luck was nothing more that the force.

You can play a force sensative character, Kyle Katarn destroyed the Arc Hammer and the Dark Trooper project single handed and what was Vader comment ...

"The Force is strong with this one".

Also to manifest force powers its not required formal traning, we have the Force Adept class in the Star Wars d20 system for players that do not wish to be part of the Jedi Order.

Advantages to the formal training (Sith or Jedi) are many but there are clear roleplaying disavantages to belong to either organization, they have rules and expect people that join then to follow then.

There could have been a 3rd choice to Revan in the Temple Summit were s/he stated out he would follow neither, a extra lines of dialogue could have been put in and we had a slight diferent ending were Revan is simply abandons the Jedi Order (with good reason) and goes his own path.

There are a lot of things that can be done, one is pulling a "Tidus" ... you dont play the "Jedi Knight" but someone that act in the same way Tidus did with Yuna and have a ending the way RPG sould do, Party vs End Boss.

In case anyone is wondering, Tidus was one of Yuna Guardians as Yuna was a Summoner, Summoners role were to gather the Final Aeon and banish Sin for a time so Tidus was not the "hero" in the sense he is the one that could save the world, Yuna on the other hand was.

Of course doing the clich

drakron.png

Maybe you forgot this, but Han wasn't a force user, or even force-sensitive.

And?

The Force is within everything, Han "luck" was the force helping him.

The newest batch of Star Wars "fans" have the strange notion that only force sensative have a relation with the force and that is far from the truth, the Force is everywere and many people are influenced by the force, being then aware of it or not.

drakron.png

In Bioware games (i dont know for Obsidian) you can never feel truly evil.

Black Isle, at least, was very different in that regard.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I might play the game through once as evil but only if its a smart kind of evil and not the "Give me all your money" of KoTOR.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I almost always play a good guy. But that's because being a bad guy in games always seems to entail stealing candy from babies or randomly killing people in the middle of the street for no reason. The former is petty, and the latter is STUPID. People complain about KOTOR being like that, but in fairness almost every computer game is like that. It is only more obviously annoying in KOTOR because the developers advertised it as having a really "seductive" dark-side path, which would only be the case if you are the kind of person who wants to relive their days bullying lunch money from the fat kids in junior high.

Evil isn't just killing somebody who annoys you. Evil is pretending they didn't upset you, so you can plan how to kill their family and get away with it, or frame them for murder, or kill them and dump their body at a whorehouse.

You are all getting way to upsessed (I think that how ya spell it), the first game was good. Yes it left some things to be asked fer but it was still an all round good game. The second on isn't out yet there is little to nothing known about the game AND... Game sequals unlike movie sequals tend to be better then thr first i.e. Jedi Knight was topped by Outcast, and outcast was topped by Academy and if my sources are correct the fourth Jedi Knight game The masters will be even better. I've only heard a few rumours flying around bout the Masters but I think it may be true.

PEACE

You are all getting way to upsessed (I think that how ya spell it), the first game was good. Yes it left some things to be asked fer but it was still an all round good game. The second on isn't out yet there is little to nothing known about the game AND... Game sequals unlike movie sequals tend to be better then thr first i.e. Jedi Knight was topped by Outcast, and outcast was topped by Academy and if my sources are correct the fourth Jedi Knight game The masters will be even better. I've only heard a few rumours flying around bout the Masters but I think it may be true.

PEACE

Yes but I really loved KotOR, so back off!! :p:p

p.s. And I think you meant obsessed :p

Since Official Site will later acknowledge LS ending as the only truth, there's no big sense playing some Sith loosers that always get their asses kicked

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

• 1 month later...

<_< Hmm it's true that LS is canon but still it's alot more fun to just take out some pent up anger on some poor smuck in the game with force crush or something I never really did play the DS option very well too thuggish for me but the guy in the tattonie dersert got killed each time I played :-" it's more fun just to have the option than anything else :rolleyes: :ph34r:

First of all i agree that sequels tend to be better. But:

Jedi Knight was topped by Outcast, and outcast was topped by Academy

Did you even play Academy!!!??? OMG it was the worts game ever!!! Man was it baaad!!!

How can you say that Academy was better than Outcast?? :rolleyes:

Did you even play Academy!!!??? OMG it was the worts game ever!!! Man was it baaad!!!

How can you say that Academy was better than Outcast?? :(

yeah it was the other way around! the first game was really great .. but Outcast didn't really offer anything of substance in my opinion! and the only thing that was good about Academy was the fact that you could use single, dual or doublebladed lightsabers! and the fact that enemies would fly away like pebbles when you used Force Lightning on them! he he he

anyway as so many others have said already I want a more seductive evil option.. no one wants to be a Malak-kind-of-Sith all grunt and no brain .. at least I don't! But I will probably be LS although I would cherish the option to just disregard both camps and go my own way! sometimes SW is a little too black/white!

Fortune favors the bald.

I will definitly start out first time and play a LS Jedi (and become a Jedi master). Next time around I will play a DS Jedi (and become a Sith). Then I will just alternate LS and DS to try out things in the game untill someone drags me away from my PC. (w00t)

How can you say that Academy was better than Outcast?? :p

yeah it was the other way around! the first game was really great .. but Outcast didn't really offer anything of substance in my opinion! and the only thing that was good about Academy was the fact that you could use single, dual or doublebladed lightsabers! and the fact that enemies would fly away like pebbles when you used Force Lightning on them! he he he

omg ur kidding right? the fact that you could have double bladed or dual sabers in academy was one of the worst things about it!!! plus the fact that EVERY other dark jedi had them

the dual sabers just look stupid and clumsy..and the staff saber is waaay too overused....i mean you would see them everywhere used by everyone when they are supposed to be a unique saber....

btw to get bak on topic i will just do whatever i want in the first playthrough and see how things turn out....