A Rakata as one of your party members.

Bah, BioWare just used the ancient race that predated the Republic and created the hyperdrives before they all died from a rebellion or something.

They are not "cool", they have a backstory because its the only race they give some back story ... they could not mess around with established races since LA is not WotC.

I take any of the other less anoying to my eyes races that this one, I am NOT joking about looking at then for extended time given me a headache ... the less I seen of then the better.

Well there you have it! That what makes the Rakata so cool, they go back before the republic and is really smart! :)

You make it seem like it isn't nothing as it was just something that Bioware came up with to just come up with. Well if that is the story then I guess you can say the same about everything else KOTOR, Bioware just came up with the Star Maps/Star Forge to just have something to create a story around. Bioware just came up with Revan/Malak to just have villians to be in a story (And yet people label these two as some of the top Sith of all time), Bioware just came up with with the Ebon Hawk just to have a means of transportation, Bioware just came up with having the Republic vs the Sith to just have an protagonist vs antagonist storyline, Bioware just came up with your party members....so that you'll have some party members. I can go on and on and on and on forever man! :)

Yes Bioware just came up out of the blue about the Rakata and making them have all these ablities but they also came up with other aspects of the story. Its called story development things to enhance/progress the story and make it deeper and give you a better insight on the SW Universe as a whole.

The Rakata is a unique race, simple as that. :)

Oh and No! The Rakata isn't the only race that Bioware gave a backstory to. Juhani's race the Cathar had a backstory as she explained it.

And even if the Rakata WAS the only race in KOTOR to have a backstory, that doesn't take away from their uniqueness. They are still cool and unique cause they story dates back to when time was created.

GAH! Bad Gr4mm4r attack. "is really smart"?!! How did you get a job writing reviews for "the biggest SW fan site on the web". :huh:

GAH! Bad Gr4mm4r attack. "is really smart"?!! How did you get a job writing reviews for "the biggest SW fan site on the web". :huh:

Obviously because of his people skills :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe as a cameo or something, but nothing more.

If there was one in the game it had better not talk to my PC in that annoying computer generated voice that they used in KotOR.

Personally I would like to see a Rynn or a Chiss or some other canon but litte seen species.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I have to say that I don't want to see a Rakata in KOTOR 2 either. Their voices were especially annoying, and their language consisted of like 5 words. However, I do agree that the new NPCs should be more origional then the ones in the first KOTOR. Not that the origional NPCs weren't interesting, but most of them had been done...you had your chewie look alike...your Obi-Wan (Joe lee), R2, C3PO that wasn't gay, Solo (Mission)......the only real origional characters were Bastilla, and Juhani

"However, I do agree that the new NPCs should be more origional then the ones in the first KOTOR. Not that the origional NPCs weren't interesting, but most of them had been done...you had your chewie look alike...your Obi-Wan (Joe lee), R2, C3PO that wasn't gay, Solo (Mission)......the only real origional characters were Bastilla, and Juhani"

Well...maybe it was too obvious for your own good....but the whole idea of KoTOR was to redo the Original Star Wars Trilogy. The game wasn't meant or designed to be original at all. How people can connect the dots but not see the picture they drew, i don't understand at all....

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I really liked the Rakatan in KotOR, and don't worry, I understand the analogy :) They had much more depth than the usual run-of-the-mill Rodians, etc. In fact, this was the same for the Tusken Raiders sidequest folk lore type thing. I found that interesting (if you were willing to give up a dragon pearl - but you could always save beforehand). I definately would like to see more of this in KotOR2. As for the party member, it would be an interesting addition. I agree there are many possibilities but the voice would be slightly annoying :( An Iridorian, on the other hand... would just be *so* cool (bloodthirsty DS character).

Final note: Drakron, I'm bewildered by your Star Wars and EU knowledge, and you are blacklisted never to be argued against ;)

"However, I do agree that the new NPCs should be more origional then the ones in the first KOTOR. Not that the origional NPCs weren't interesting, but most of them had been done...you had your chewie look alike...your Obi-Wan (Joe lee), R2, C3PO that wasn't gay, Solo (Mission)......the only real origional characters were Bastilla, and Juhani"

Well...maybe it was too obvious for your own good....but the whole idea of KoTOR was to redo the Original Star Wars Trilogy. The game wasn't meant or designed to be original at all. How people can connect the dots but not see the picture they drew, i don't understand at all....

I'm not so sure that they were trying to draw a parallel to the original trilogy. If they were, IMO, it just came of as being unimaginative and recycled. Truly orginal characters are what everyone wants. At the same time, wookies and R2 units have become a staple of Star Wars, in video games or otherwise. These type of characters give people that sense of familiarity. So what's needed is to strike a balance between bringing back different versions of familiar characters and coming up with totally new ones. Its important to keep moving forward with new types of character to keep the SW universe fresh. Otherwise our great great grandchildren will be stuck playing as re-imaginings of Chewie and Artoo.

In VR!

I think it is well-endorsed and hoped around these parts that the NPCs in KotoR2 are less generic stereotype and more "whoa baby ho dat!" A rakata would be a great basis for an interesting NPC, although I don't know enough about the SW setting to judge this on anything but their nifty voice and ancient beliefs highlighted in KotoR.

KOTOR wasn't intended to be a copy of the origional trilogy. The devs simply drew on characters they knew wouldn't fail, instead of taking a chance on too many new characters. What is this crap you say about the game was not meant to be origional? The devs made it 4000 years before the movies to try and tell a new story and be ORIGIONAL. It's ok...better luck with your next post newbie.

KOTOR wasn't intended to be a copy of the origional trilogy. The devs simply drew on characters they knew wouldn't fail, instead of taking a chance on too many new characters. What is this crap you say about the game was not meant to be origional? The devs made it 4000 years before the movies to try and tell a new story and be ORIGIONAL. It's ok...better luck with your next post newbie.

OWNAGE!!!

I think I'd like a Rakata in my group. And my DS Jedi would like a member of the species of that one mercenary you meet on Manaan. You know? Mister "Happiness is bathing in the blood of your enemies."

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I think I'd like a Rakata in my group. And my DS Jedi would like a member of the species of that one mercenary you meet on Manaan. You know? Mister "Happiness is bathing in the blood of your enemies."

I think that guy was an Iridorian (or something close to that). He was pretty intense... A must have for any Darksider!!!

Quiq: Are ya drunk? KOTOR was very much a homage to the original SW. It was its very goal from the characetrs to the story to everything that occured. Geez.. You think you know this stuff; but you don't. In fact, the devs who made KOTOR have said that was their goal.

Silly newbies calling people who disagree with them newbies. :)

Gunslinger: Hope you like those pom poms! :p

As for the Rakata, I like them. theyw ere mostde finitely one of the more inetretsing races in KOTOR. Bring 'em on. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

To say that KOTOR is an homage is a cop out for lacking any real imagination. Fact is, it happened because they lacked any real vison in designing the characters. The game was great, but much of it, we've seen before. How many times can we see Tatooine before we realize that it's just a sandpit and there's nothing of interest to see or do there? Don't try to make excuses.

I think that guy was an Iridorian (or something close to that). He was pretty intense... A must have for any Darksider!!!

Thanks for agreeing with me :p

^^

I wouldn't mind a Selkath (there are no Selkath planned for K2, however), but there will be no Rakata in K2.

I thought the Selkath were pretty cool - that creepy voice made them perfect.

Looks like I'm not the only one who agrees with you.