Random video game news... Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!

Sigh. I doubt my PC will carry No Man's Sky on pretty settings anymore. ;( Plus Avowed some time in future, BG3 got the last patch so Goatee edition soonish...oh well. One more tooth implant and I can start thinking about a new rig. :yes:

• Like 1

BG3 back in the Steam top 3 top sellers. KCD II being close to the top ten also, despite being half a year away still. If a properly scaled and smoothly produced Bloodlines 2 were around, it could have completed a trilogy of possible big budget RPG incline. But you know... 🫣Meanwhile, Veilguard is somewhere sandwiched in between Roboquest and Tavern Manager Simulator. And Avowed, well... that doesn't have the brand recognition, being based in that universe of that pirate CRPG noboy's played but me. That's but Steam but hear me out.

I wonder if analysts are gonna realize that these action-adventure-RPG type of power fantasies may all compete for roughly the same audience. After all, every other action/adventure type of game has been incorporating RPG elements since forever. Upgrading, looting and leveling has proven to be quite addictive, after all. And even Brian Bloody Fargo has been on record of saying that Red Dead Redemption 2 had been his favourite RPG of the past a thousand years or so. And Veilguard doesn't even seem to sport much in terms of dialogue options and expression (certainly not in what was shown). Unlike Avowed, it's a Dragon Age game though, so that's something. Else, if it wouldn't be, I'd take the guess this would turn limited heads. Both Avowed and Veilguard draw finite buzz outside of their respective fanbases as is.

Due to the lack of major marketing effort else, a German podcast run by a former Gamestar editor even speculated that EA may have internally downgraded Veilguard. In the sense of: "Better not blow any more major money on this, or else we may never recoup / make a good chunk of profit." The game wasn't even present at Gamescom, after all. I'm sure it'll do reasonably. Avowed I'm not so sure yet. Both look pretty "mid" to me so far (really liked Pentiment, but obviously completely different type of project). Still, KCD II. 🥳

On 8/30/2024 at 2:05 AM, Wormerine said:

Something to wash off the bitter taste of Mimimi’s shut down. 

Already released to positive reviews (so heavily inspired by MImimi, they promoted it themselves on their social media). 😄

Edited by Sven_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sven_ said:

Already released to positive reviews (so heavily inspired by MImimi, they promoted it themselves on their social media). 😄

Yup, seen it. Tried the demo. It seems rather safe, but very competent. It's on my wishlist, as right now the que is wayy too long. Mimimi also sent a newsletter promoting the SS and hinted something Aiko's Choice related. I don't think it ever got a console port, so I assume that would be it.

I started playing Shadow of Erdtree. ehhhh, not feeling it so far. Maybe I am just not in the mood for ER, but at the same time before I jumped in into DLC I played a good couple hours of base game with a new character and I had a blast. Shadow of Erdtree so far have been just tedious. Hopefully it will click sooner rather than later.

On 9/6/2024 at 12:55 AM, bugarup said:

Sigh. I doubt my PC will carry No Man's Sky on pretty settings anymore. ;( Plus Avowed some time in future, BG3 got the last patch so Goatee edition soonish...oh well. One more tooth implant and I can start thinking about a new rig. :yes:

Performance is a bit more demanding I think, but it's not that bad. I don't know what rig you have but if I was playing at 1080 or 1440 I'd get 100/120+FPS with almost everything on Ultra. Although there are maybe currently more of those intermitment 1second lag spikes then before, like approaching/being auto-dragged into a space station, or taking off/turning in your ship. Doesn't always happen, but it does happen.

Game has DLSS and .. uh, the other one, FSR? as well.
Mostly all High/some Ultra at 4k I can still get "mostly" 60fps - if I turn DLSS/Quality on it's almost stable 60, except for those occasional 1 second spikes.  Edit: before Worlds update at 4k I was on all Ultra, minus motion blur etc. So I did have to drop it down a bit for Native vs. DLSS since then. Draw distance was reduced or has a bug tho - mostly noticeable with grass while turning/shifting viewpoint, last I tried. Like it would undraw behind you so when you turned you could see it drawing in again. Kind of annoying, that.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Huh commandos. Maybe i really should get back into this genre, i've had Shadow Tactics and Desperados 3 installed for years. Maybe to christen the new rig when it arrives.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Minor investor from Slovakia is challenging CEO of Ubisoft and Tencent after the latest underperformance of their games, preparing to file a lawsuit as well, due to the lowest share prices in the last 10 years.

https://nichegamer.com/ubisoft-investor-demands-ceo-change-amidst-underperforming-star-wars-outlaws-launch/

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra