Random video game news... Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!

2 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

At first I thought it looked bad but seeing stills of it and I have to say going with miniatures to double down on the tabletop feel is pretty cool. Just hope they use the Remaster rules here so Alchemist isn't relegated to serving drinks.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

32 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

At first I thought it looked bad but seeing stills of it and I have to say going with miniatures to double down on the tabletop feel is pretty cool. Just hope they use the Remaster rules here so Alchemist isn't relegated to serving drinks.

they say player core class so alchemist would be decent instead of terrible

at level 8 cap they would be handing out galvanic chew bubble gum before every fight instead

On 9/25/2024 at 9:41 AM, MrBrown said:

Getting trashed in steam reviews. 🤔

To me that's a sign they must be doing something really good. I have zero respect or consideration for Steam reviewers. In fact, I wish Steam would allow me to turn off/hide the reviewer ratings for games.

On 9/25/2024 at 10:20 AM, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

Well, sorry but for me your first look is how it looks, period. It just looks really bad, and that it is turn-based means I'll pass on it. A TB-combat game has a higher threshold that it needs to clear for me to have any interest in it.

13 hours ago, kanisatha said:

To me that's a sign they must be doing something really good. I have zero respect or consideration for Steam reviewers. In fact, I wish Steam would allow me to turn off/hide the reviewer ratings for games.

I think it's a good indication of how content people are with the game. Sometimes it's for stupid reasons, but sometimes it's for good reasons, and you have to read the reviews to get a general idea why.

For new games with no big franchise to bring a load of expectations, a review trends tend to be more informative of actual quality, I've found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2024 at 4:13 PM, MrBrown said:

Unusual, Ubisoft normally takes care to create AC  games that are  woke and inclusive and historically dont offend people outside of things like inaccurate gender  or racial representation. They clearly made a mistake here and overlooked certain things 

" Moreover, Ubisoft has been accused of disrespecting Japanese culture and its history with its Assassin's Creed Shadows merchandise, which depicts a structure that appears to be based on the Sanno Shrine and the One-Legged Torii Gate. For those that don't know, the One-Legged Torri Gate is located just 900 meters from the center of the blast created by the nuclear bomb that struck Nagasaki. Following the blast, the One-Legged Torri Gate was the only thing that remained in the area." 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, MrBrown said:

I think it's a good indication of how content people are with the game. Sometimes it's for stupid reasons, but sometimes it's for good reasons, and you have to read the reviews to get a general idea why.

For new games with no big franchise to bring a load of expectations, a review trends tend to be more informative of actual quality, I've found.

Yeah, I tend to get a lot more out of steam reviews than any 'professional' reviewers, or those terrible people that make videos. I have a pretty small list of friends on Steam (maybe a dozen people) but if they review a game, it pushes them to the top. They tend to share my interests, so that's nice. Plus it is easy to scroll through a few and get a feel for if the review matches what I'm looking for. They are typically short and simple.

The only games that tend to get skewed Steam results are usually the big AAA titles. All of the smaller indie stuff, which is what I tend to browse Steam for anyways, is pretty accurate when it comes to the positive to negative scale.

2 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

Yeah, I tend to get a lot more out of steam reviews than any 'professional' reviewers, or those terrible people that make videos.

I would definitely agree with this, and I don't pay any attention at all to so-called pro reviewers or streamers. However, unfortunately, I now feel that in today's society most ordinary people reviewers (in all media, so also TV shows, movies, restaurants, etc.) engage in unfair reviewing, icluding review bombing, as a way of making themselves feel important and relevant.

user review are less reliable more popular a game become

while listen or read what reviewer say doesn't mean one would agree with everything they say

a few hour of uncurated playthrough are more useful for judging quality of game

Full interview with Josh S that's been used not so long ago for Avowed's promotional paned during Pax West. Didn't watch it yet, but from the title it seems that Josh's Pillars Tactics game is still being thrown around: